ForumsNewsUpdates to due dates and start dates

Updates to due dates and start dates
DavidSzp

Posted: Apr 18, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
And hey, don't think I didn't notice that my request for "tom" be a shorthand abbreviation for "tomorrow" when typing a date was implemented, thanks a bunch!
Anders

Posted: Apr 19, 2009
Posted by synfusion:
P.S. - Please start generating some revenue for yourselves with a small single ad space at the bottom of the left column navigation bar (see Evernote). I'd really like the ad to be based on the information in my tasks, so that it is more likely to be something I am interested in. I trust you will protect my privacy only making unorganized vocabulary in my data available to be used in this way.

I just want to go on record as anti-requesting this "feature". I would much rather pay more for my Pro account than suffer this. It's not even the actual ad so much. I am sure there is a Firefox extension that could block it. It's simply that advertisements are a sickness that destroy whatever they touch. It would be as if Toodledo had been diagnosed with cancer, and it would make me very sad.
Vin Thomas

Score: 1 Reference
I don't think it would be a huge deal if it was done in a way like evernote. It would be nice if it were removed for pro users though. It would be a great way to pump more $$$ into this project. It is totally worth it!
DavidSzp

One small thing...if I edit a date on an existing task, and save the entry (move off the calendar with mouse or hit Enter), the "N" key doesn't create a new task unless I move focus elsewhere.
Stefan

Posted: Apr 20, 2009
Posted by Toodledo:
You have to allow midnight to pass naturally for the task that you want to move forward. If you artificially change your timezone so that the task is now older than midnight, it really confuses Toodledo about when that task is actually due.

Ok, in my case repeating task with "optionally on" are not forwarded after passing midnight and without completing before. If you don't believe have a look in my account! I added two tasks in the "optionally on" mode a couple of days ago which repeat daily and yesterday I couldn't complete them. There was no forwarding but there is the due date of "yesterday". The timezone is correct!
Jeremy

@Stefan

Please submit a help ticket concerning this...I have the same problem and I'm sure that others may have the same problem.
kleerkoat

just gotta add in my 2 pennies, I would actually pay more for Toodledo. Heck, I even paid for the added file storage knowing I wouldn't even need it.

I would even donate more periodically to help you guys out financially.

I just hope there is a way without having ads on the site for free subcribers. It might turn them off.ave them get turned off.
Proximo

Posted by Alan:
TOODLEDO:

As a convert from RTM, who actively encourages disgruntled RTM users to move over here, I want to thank you for your hard work and dedication to your customers. This product, so highly underrated, just continues to improve, and I hope that the work you are putting in is bringing new business and encouraging investment allowing you to bring even more enhancments our way.

And what is your first name, by the way? I hate calling you "Toodledo".

The Toodledo person is Top Secret. Not sure who they are either but we do appreciate who ever you are.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
This topic is getting a little off topic, and its getting hard to follow everyone's different threads, so lets please try to refocus on the subject of this topic. Feel free to make a new post if you want to discuss something else. Here are answers to the questions that I remember from above.

1) We will never have ads
2) If your optional tasks aren't moving, please create a support ticket
3) Thanks for the bug about the 'n' shortcut not working after editing a date
4) My name is Jake
cj

Regarding this new feature

1. I love it

2. PLEEEASE add a Today and Tomorrow button on the date picker
even better ... a "today" button on top with a arrows on each side to increment or decrement.

3. Please fix that mouseover problem - and it is a bug
and don't demean some of your users here by the engineering attitude that we just don't behave the way you expect us to ("there are mouse people and keyboard people") ... allow a mouse and keyboard person to tell you that the requirement to wave the mouse away from the popup is counterintuitive and unlike any other UI control I deal with hundreds of times an hour.

4. perhaps a checkmark or setting (in account settings) that states end date cannot precede start date. This way, if I change one, the other automatically adjusts ... this is necessary due to the limitation that I cannot just push up a task one day and because I cannot "ignore" a repetitive task for just a day (thus have to play with the start/due date).

5. a checkmark option to specify whether this task appears in my calendar or not. (default set in account settings)

6. fix (or encourage your partners to fix) the google calendar sync. I don't know if I am alone or not using correctly but it is a mess. Goals show up (which should not) and, after allowing a few days for syncing, I see the start/due dates and times are not updating correctly. Also repetitive events - weird - some show up on the calendar some don't. I may be using it incorrectly, or doing something wrong - regardless - one of the main attractions of using times (prospects of having blocked out appointments in my calendar) is not working intuitively.

Of course I realize you just released the feature ... so consider this just some beta test feedback for future improvement from someone who will use the timing features constantly.

Just my 2 cents, 10 cents etc - not from a critic but from a passionate, paying, customer.
cj

PS - is it possible to add a notification feature to these forums, so I know when a particular topic has been updated? It's tiresome to keep checking every day for answers or comments.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
cj,

Thanks for the suggestions.
thpope

Toodledo has exceptional customer service. They know when to bite their tongues.

I am curious as to why not a single click to dismiss the date picker.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Because the user may want to also edit the time. If the date picker vanished after the first click, it would not allow the user to pick a new time. If you double click the date, it will dismiss the date picker right away.

As I typed that last sentence, I just realized that you may not be using the time field, in which case there isn't really a good reason for keeping the date picker around after a single click. I'll see if we can optimize this further for people who don't use times.
cj

Posted by Toodledo:
Because the user may want to also edit the time. If the date picker vanished after the first click, it would not allow the user to pick a new time. If you double click the date, it will dismiss the date picker right away.

As I typed that last sentence, I just realized that you may not be using the time field, in which case there isn't really a good reason for keeping the date picker around after a single click. I'll see if we can optimize this further for people who don't use times.

Thanks for the continual fixes. It might be a bit late (or disruptive) for this suggestion but I personally would be happy with the date picker(s) separate from the time fields. If they were separate fields/columns it allows for more logical controls (simpler popup). The more I use the times, the less I need to change the date and time at the same time. it's usually one or the other. Bumping the date up ... or time up (separately) I think is going to be a popular request in the future, so separating the fields means it might be easier to accomplish this from the main screen (one click) ... this way I can go down the list and bump the due date of 5-6 tasks quickly.
Just food for thought, from someone who is really liking the prospects of using this as it gets more developed.
Thanks again.
Roman Roque

Posted: Apr 22, 2009
i am experiencing previous posters' problems wherein even with start time, start date, due time, due date enabled, the task only appears in my calendar as a single block 30minute starting at the due time.

for example, when a task is from 1:30pm 5:30 pm on april 24, it only shows as 5:30-6:00 pm.

similarly, one that is from 7:00am-9:00 am only shows from 9:00am-9:30am.

i have mac osx 10.5.6.

events with no due time show up just fine as all day events. its just that the ones with time with them are somehow screwed up wherein start time is not acknolwedged.
mdougenik

Coming from a "Keyboard User" I find the time field less than intuitive. Are their time shortcuts too? A nice feature in google calendar is to type 12p and it knows you mean 12:00pm. Since I am a bit new here, I typed 12 and it came up as 12:12am (which I thought was odd). The only way I could find to get it to say 12:00 pm is to type out all the text. Maybe I'm missing a feature? Or maybe I am alone in wanting shortcuts for times, but imo it would be slick to have similar shortcuts for the time field.

Thanks for doing a great job!
Anders

Posted by mdougenik:
Coming from a "Keyboard User" I find the time field less than intuitive. Are their time shortcuts too? A nice feature in google calendar is to type 12p and it knows you mean 12:00pm. Since I am a bit new here, I typed 12 and it came up as 12:12am (which I thought was odd). The only way I could find to get it to say 12:00 pm is to type out all the text. Maybe I'm missing a feature? Or maybe I am alone in wanting shortcuts for times, but imo it would be slick to have similar shortcuts for the time field.

Thanks for doing a great job!

I sometimes use the p for pm and a for am on Toodledo, and it works. I usually use military time for entry because it's quicker even though I like it to display as am/pm.
As for the 12:12am thing, that is what happens if you only enter 2 digits. 1500, for example comes out as 3:00pm, but 15 will just be 12:15am. You could also use 3p in that situation though.
mdougenik

Posted by Anders:

I sometimes use the p for pm and a for am on Toodledo, and it works. I usually use military time for entry because it's quicker even though I like it to display as am/pm.
As for the 12:12am thing, that is what happens if you only enter 2 digits. 1500, for example comes out as 3:00pm, but 15 will just be 12:15am. You could also use 3p in that situation though.

My mistake, after trying again, 12p does seem to work for me, must have been pebkac! Thanks for the hints and my apologies to Toodledo for not assuming they would have a consistent interface!

This message was edited Apr 22, 2009.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
It sounds like you figured it out, but I just wanted to explain. If you just type 12, it does know if it's am or pm, so it thinks you are typing military time 0012.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5      Next

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.