ForumsNewsSome fine-tuning of the new date/time picker

Some fine-tuning of the new date/time picker
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Apr 20, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
Today we have made a few adjustments to the way the new date-picker and keyboard commands work.

1) You can now double click a date to quickly select it and make the calendar disappear.
2) Tab and Shift-Tab will now work correctly to move forwards and backwards through fields.
3) When adding a task and editing a date, pressing the "return" key will no longer cause the form to lose keyboard focus. ie. You can press return to set the date and press it again to add the task.
4) When editing a date, keyboard shortcuts will no longer be ignored after dismissing the calendar.
5) When clicking to edit a date, the date will now be selected so you can start typing right away.

This message was edited Apr 20, 2009.
Vin Thomas

a) I will never call you Jake.

b) Thanks so much for these updates! I have been dying to use shift-tab! This just made TD even better in my books!

Thanks Toodledo!
Jeremy

Problem with item #1

when you make multiple clicks on the "next month" button next to the year/month display The window closes because it interprets it as a double click, I belive...it doesn't do it if you click, wait, click, wait, click.

Shift tab works great...thanks!
DavidSzp

Posted by Toodledo:
Today we have made a few adjustments to the way the new date-picker and keyboard commands work.

The collective changes mentioned here caused me to let out a big sigh of relief. Everything is right with the world. Except for all the actual items on my todo list waiting to be done...ah well, at least I can focus on those now :-)

Thanks!
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Jeremy,

Whoops. Thanks for catching that. Will get this into the next update.
thpope

Posted: Apr 21, 2009
Is it possible to add a dismiss button to the pop-up date/time editor? It has to be a button that says either "OK" or "CLOSE", in my opinion. It seems like getting the UI so everyone is happy is creating a mess for you.

For the record, I'm fine with hitting enter or tab to dismiss it. It's just weird to mouse off and have it close. It doesn't seem consistent with many other programs. In fact, I was annoyed at first because I would click the box, see the pop-up editor, then move my cursor out of the way and watch it disappear before I actually changed anything.

Does anyone say they like or prefer the mouse off behavior?
Alan

Posted by Toodledo:
2) Tab and Shift-Tab will now work correctly to move forwards and backwards through fields.

EXCELLENT!
Anders

Posted by Alan:
EXCELLENT!

Agreed. I did not realize how handy this would be until it was implemented.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.