ForumsNewsToodledo is now on Zapier!

Toodledo is now on Zapier!
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jun 30, 2014
Score: 0 Reference
Zapier is an web automation tool. With Zapier you can build Zaps which can automate parts of your business or life. A Zap is a blueprint for a task you want to do over and over. In words, a Zap looks like this: "When I get a new thing in A, do this other thing in B." The first part is the Trigger and the second part is the Action.

Some examples of how to use this with Toodledo include:

1) When I complete a task in Toodledo in a certain folder, email my boss.
2) Add tasks with a due-date to my Google Calendar.

There are hundreds of apps supported by Zapier, so use your imagination and go wild.

https://zapier.com/zapbook/toodledo/
coolexplorer

Posted: Jul 01, 2014
Seems that Zapier is more powerful (detailed/specific) than IFTTT but with limited free use (5 Zap Recipes, 100 messages per month). I had created 2 Zaps 2 days ago and they are working.

1) Add Reminder to Evernote for a specific date creates a Reminder in Google Calendar for that specific date.

2) Create New Task in my Evernote Tasks Folder sends task to Toodledo Inbox with task title and details in the Note of the task.

Would still like Toodledo to work with the Google Calendar API so as to allow immediate two-way task sync between Toodledo and Google Calendar (like some 3rd party apps). Please.
kk_buero

What's the advantage of zapier over IFTTT?
coolexplorer

Posted by kk_buero:
What's the advantage of zapier over IFTTT?

I am a newbie with using both IFTTT and Zapier. Zapier seems to be more powerful because it can target individual fields/variables (tags, folders, text, etc) therefore giving you very customized actions.

Example : With IFTTT I could send only shared note links in Evernote to Google Calendar or Toodledo, whereas Zapier can send all new Reminders, or new Tasks,etc. that to with specific dates and note details mapped to the Target programs fields.

As I said I am a newbie and non techie who is only trying to help, so if I am wrong don't flame me. ;)
BobGott

Posted: Jul 05, 2014
How can I translate the date fields posted into Zapier from Toodledo back into something a little more legible??

Example: 7/2/2014 is returned as: 1404302400

thank you.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jul 05, 2014
Please ask Zapier how to do this. They are responsible for maintaining the Toodledo+Zapier integration.
BobGott

Posted: Jul 08, 2014
Posted by Jake:
Please ask Zapier how to do this. They are responsible for maintaining the Toodledo+Zapier integration.

I posted this question to Zapier .. and they replied with

Unfortunately the Toodledo API doesn't provide a human readable time stamp for due dates. The next bad news is that Zapier doesn't have a way to manipulate to human readable either.
Kurt Jones

Posted: Aug 01, 2014
Folders are not "human readable" either which is a bit inconvenient. My understanding is that this is something Toodledo need to implement. To be fair, Toodledo were not aware that Zapier were developing this capability until after it came out so they can hardly be expected to know.

I would think that as more and more systems start to talk to Toodledo this will get sorted. In the meantime Toodledo remains the best of breed tool of its type and Zapier likewise.

Cheers
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Aug 03, 2014
We didn't know about the Zapier+Toodledo integration until the day before it was released so we didn't have time to test it and make sure it was up to our standards. Things like due-dates and folders not being human readable is something that Zapier can totally do. We cannot, since we didn't make the tool and have no control over it. We have asked Zapier about the due-date issue and they said that they hope to have that fixed by the end of the year.

If Zapier isn't working for you, please try using IFTTT instead. It does essentially the same thing and we wrote the IFTTT integration so it will work the way you expect.

https://ifttt.com
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.