ForumsNewsAndroid App Updated and Redesigned

Android App Updated and Redesigned
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Feb 25, 2015
Score: 0 Reference
Today we are releasing an update to our Android app that includes our first steps at redesigning the app using Google's "Material Design" look and feel. The most noticeable changes are:

+ The "Add task" button is now a floating button in the lower right corner.
+ The "Navigation Drawer" that is revealed when tapping the top left button has been restyled with collapsable menus for easier use without scrolling
+ The habits section now allows you to intentionally fail at a habit to remove it from your inbox right away
+ The Toolbar at the top of the screen has been redesigned to make the menus easier to use. For example, you can now get to the settings section quicker.
+ Plus a number of additional refinements and behind the scenes improvements.

This is just the first step. We plan to continue to redesign the Android app to be more consistent with Toodledo's style and functionality. The next step is to improve how lists are sorted/filtered and how tasks are edited.

Google Play Store

This message was edited Feb 25, 2015.
Alan

So you knew we were going to ask...

Are similar changes planned for us iOS users?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Yes, but we will not be applying Google's "Material Design" to the iOS app. It will get its own iOS specific redesign.
gtrevor

Posted: Feb 26, 2015
Looks great, really like the new design look and feel!

Please please can you make the notes default to the top when you edit rather than the bottom - please?!

Thanks
Jake

Toodledo Founder
We'll look into it.
gtrevor

Thank you .. I'm sure you understand why... When you view a note it shows the top of the note, but when you edit it goes to the bottom of the note, so it is giving contradicting views which means I have to scroll to the top each time I edit a note which is really annoying ;)

Thanks!
collie.laura

Love the new design!!
tim_layton

Score: 3 Reference
Nice :) Any chance of a Habits widget? :)
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Feb 27, 2015
Good idea. We'll look into it.
recif

Posted: Mar 01, 2015
Are there plans to make the timer functional?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Mar 02, 2015
Yes, this is on our todo list.
WillEverett

Posted: Mar 03, 2015
Score: 2 Reference
How about a darker theme? All white is fine at the computer, but if you like to look at your tasks first thing in the morning or last thing at night, it's like staring into a flash light.
Scott

Posted: Mar 05, 2015
If I am using an older Android phone could that explain why I seem to be running the newest version but am not seeing the improvements / changes?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Our latest update requires Android 4.0 or higher. If you have an older version of Android you will be stuck with the previous version of our app.
Scott

That's what I figured - it just seemed odd since I show the same version # as what is on the store so wanted to be sure. Thanks.
corrinagoldsmith.cg

Posted: Mar 06, 2015
So I wonder if that has anything to do with why the APP was completely WIPED! I woke up to a total reset. Lost all my work! No backups or syncs work. Same thing happened last redesign!!
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Mar 06, 2015
That is definitely not normal. Can you please create a support ticket?
donfano

Posted: Mar 12, 2015
I really like the new logo, redesign, etc.

For some reason, I don't find it practical to switch between due dates in the Tasks view by tapping on top. Will it be possible to implement swiping left and right to switch between the due dates?
gregg.plummer

Posted: Mar 17, 2015
You mention that the next step is to improve how lists are sorted/filtered. I don't see a way to view my lists. I can work with my tasks, notes, outlines and habits.

Is there a way to work with my lists? If so, how?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Mar 17, 2015
We meant "todo lists". However, the "Lists" section is also coming to the app as soon as we finish and are happy with it.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2      Next

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.