ForumsNewsAndroid App Updated and Redesigned

Android App Updated and Redesigned
WillEverett

Posted: Mar 18, 2015
Score: 1 Reference
An ability to sort by more than one criteria would be really nice. On the website I sort by starred, due date and priority but that's obviously not possible on the widget. Also, a "not completed" filter would be a great addition as well.

This message was edited Mar 18, 2015.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Mar 18, 2015
Score: 0 Reference
Thanks for the suggestion. We do not comment on timeframes for implementation, but this is on our to-do list.

Thanks
Heather486

Posted: May 11, 2015
The screenshots in the Play Store for the current version as of 05/11 (5.8.0) showed functionality for outlines and habits, yet the downloaded app only runs tasks and notes. Are the screenshots only conceptual, or am I missing something?
Heather486

Actually, I believe I determined that it is a device compatability issue. App on my GS5Active is fully functional. Reduced function on my Note 10.1, 2012 edition. It's a shame since I use that much more often for organization and planning. Price of hanging onto outdated hardware, I suppose?

This message was edited May 11, 2015.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
The Outlines/Habits sections can only function on more recent OS versions. If you have an older OS the app will be limited to the Tasks/Notes sections.
sarah451

Posted: May 12, 2015
Has anyone noticed that when you add a to do item via the Android app and set the importance to "low," it displays in Android as "Importance Level: 2" which is the opposite of the numbering system in the web version, where Priority 2 is High?

Now, it syncs correctly as "low" with a number of "0," but I still find it confusing that the numbering system is not the same online and in Android.

This message was edited May 12, 2015.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: May 12, 2015
Importance and Priority are different things. This should explain:

http://www.toodledo.com/info/help.php#53
maxineteller

Posted: May 16, 2015
I am now unable to edit any of the notes in my tasks. When I click on them, the keyboard doesn't pop up and so, there is no way to edit them. Any way to fix this?? Without this capability, this application is not useful to me. Thank you for any insight you can provide.
beemooka

Posted: May 18, 2015
More filter options should be priority for the next update.
sarah451

Posted by Jake:
Importance and Priority are different things. This should explain:

http://www.toodledo.com/info/help.php#53

Sorry, Jake. I used the wrong word.

It's not the "importance" that is set in reverse of "priority," it is "priority" on the tablet that is numbered in the reverse of "priority" on the website. "Priority" is one of the "fields/functions used" on the table, and "importance" is not on the tablet anywhere that I can see.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
@maxineteller You should be able to tap the note to edit it. If the keyboard does not come up, try tapping the note a second time. If you or anyone else has more trouble with this, please create a support ticket so we can investigate further.

@sarah451 I could not reproduce the issue that you are having with Priority being sorted reverse. Are you certain that you don't have the "reverse" checkbox checked in the sort menu? The only way to make "Importance" appear is to sort by importance using the sort menu. This is the same for the website. Importance cannot be set, it is calculated automatically from the task's values.
sarah451

Posted: May 26, 2015
Sorry again, Jake.
I would swear that I'm not nuts (although my husband might argue the point), but now I can't find numbers on either priority or on importance in either the older 5.4.2 version running on my Android 2.x phone or on the newer 5.8.1 version running on my Android 4.x tablet.

Sorry to have wasted your time.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: May 26, 2015
Can you please create a support ticket for this so that we can look into your account and see what the problem is?

Thanks
Chris.safsten

Posted: May 27, 2015
I notice that you mention the Todo Lists is coming (I am hoping with a good checklist functionality) to the android app. I have been using DGT GTD for some time (and syncing with Toodledo) because the Toodledo native app has been lacking certain functionality (you are probably aware of this app already, but it has certain functionality that if added to the Toodledo app would make the Toodledo app the best out there). Just thought I would mention because I still struggle with moving over completely to the Toodledo App (and I have tried about 30 different similar apps over the past few years and found teh GDT app look, feel and functionality to be the best). Anyway, I just thought I would mention this.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: May 27, 2015
There isn't a setting to control this, but we will consider it.
jowebb_1356028861

Posted: May 29, 2015
Looks like you've been doing a lot of really great things in the year and a half since I tried you last. I've barely skimmed it all.

However, so sad to see Toodledo moving toward Material Design. I find the floating add button an annoyance. I don't add all the time on mobile devices, it's not what I do most - yet there it is, in the way all the time. I also detest the garish primary colors - the whole design is a complete distraction. I stopped using Google's Gmail app because looking at it is like a stab in the eye. Type Mail is far better. In general Google's UX/UI is dreadful but because they do something everyone follows along regardless.

The lack of manual reorder via drag drop had always been a deal-breaker for me with Toodledo but I was about to try subtasks to see if I could manage with just those being drag-droppable. I'm more than happy to pay for the right web based & Android app combo. So now I have to consider trying other apps that can sync with Toodledo. Probably one layer of compromise too much. Such a shame as there's so much to love about Toodledo.

All the best...Jo
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2  

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.