Toodledo Founder
Posted: May 01, 2015
Score: 0 Reference
Here is what we worked on last month.

Web

+ Made significant progress towards Lists redesign with responsive layout
+ Made significant progress towards Outlines redesign with responsive layout
+ Got List working on mobile browsers
+ Improving List cell editors to work and look better (icons, tags, long text, dates, etc)
+ Provided a way for 3rd party developers to more easily upgrade from using API2 to API3.
+ Redesigned the API documentation pages for developers
+ Fixing an error with IFTTT integration
+ Updated the way errors/warnings are displayed in Lists/Outlines
+ Decommissioned an old database and migrated data to newer one.
+ Fixed bug with Habits with initial sync of number habit that has values of 0
+ Fixed bug with Habits line graphs on Firefox
+ Fixed bug with Habits calculating daylight savings time correctly
+ Fixed bug with optional repeating tasks getting moved correctly for people in extreem timezones
+ Fixed bug with translation helper pages
+ Improved internal development tools to make building code faster
+ Created an informational page for Apple Watch and promotional graphics for our homepage
+ Replaced an aging piece of networking equipment
+ Improved error logging
+ Switched all of our automated email sending to another provider to improve reliability
+ Upgraded some 3rd party libraries that we use for various purposes
+ Removed some external dependencies for Lists/Outlines
+ Improved look of login window when signing in to 3rd party apps.
+ Fixed a bug with browser based alarms that could cause them to be a little too agressive
+ Fixed a bug that would cause some task edits to not save and present an error message instead.
+ Continued building pattern library and styleguide
+ Continued brand exploration
+ Defined artistic direction for future illustrations and graphics
+ Continued to review and catalog User Research Survey results and forum posts

Android

+ Continued to improve the design of app including the Task and Notes details pages
+ Task and note titles, notes and tasks can now be edited in-place
+ Embedded link support added to notes
+ Added some tutorial screens for new users signing in for the first time
+ Fixed: Scroll position restored when returning to a list.
+ Fixed: User perform manual sync even when global auto sync settings don't allow it
+ Fixed: Tasks created via Share function will be saved automatically
+ Made significant progress with new Lists section

iOS
+ Finished, tested and released Apple Watch app
+ Continued with redesign work: finished settings, task list and started task details.
+ Made significant progress with new Lists section
+ Worked on getting rich text editing to work
+ Fixed a bug that could cause an infinite loop of syncing when using 2-step authentication

(some of the items mentioned above have not been released yet)
John Caron

Posted: May 01, 2015
Score: 2 Reference
I am eagerly awaiting the iOS lists feature. I will gladly be a beta tester for this and other mobile features if you need it.
coolexplorer

Posted: May 02, 2015
Score: 1 Reference
Thanks for the Monthly Progress Report. The Android App is shaping up well.
Unfortunately still no new features or major improvements in the Task tab of TD on the Web.
Please think of improving the main function of TD. Thanks.
Michael_49

Posted: May 02, 2015
Quote: ...Unfortunately still no new features or major improvements in the Task tab of TD on the Web.
Please think of improving the main function of TD. Thanks. Coolexplorer

+1
UgoMars

Posted: May 04, 2015
I am quite glad to see that the upcoming Android app update will fix the issue of not being able to sync without turning on auto-sync. It's something that has annoyed me for some time, happy to see it resolved. The Android app has definitely made so many strides since you took over that app, keep it up!
melchizW

Posted: May 06, 2015
Agree that more focus is needed on the task tab . Would be interesting to know how many people actually subscribed [paid ] to get access to the outlines and lists and habits features . They are nice but I'd be surprised to find they're your bread and butter .
Everyone I tell about toodledo is impressed with the power , but they don't stick with it and they don't subscribe because of the appearance .
junk_1356549382

Posted: May 07, 2015
Could update caused failing login on new device setup/old device with a changed user login email, and 2 factor turned on - I turned off security, etc. new password, still nothing on known good (in past) ios and now new Ipad - looking forward to new features - if they don't affect existing functionality!
ken.michaud

Posted: May 07, 2015
Posted by melchizW:
Agree that more focus is needed on the task tab . Would be interesting to know how many people actually subscribed [paid ] to get access to the outlines and lists and habits features . They are nice but I'd be surprised to find they're your bread and butter .
Everyone I tell about toodledo is impressed with the power , but they don't stick with it and they don't subscribe because of the appearance .

Honestly? If the functionality is the best on the market but it's not pretty enough, functionality should win over. If it doesn't... I don't even know what to say to that. Maybe take another look at your priorities?
PetrV

Posted: May 08, 2015
Posted by ken.michaud:
Posted by melchizW:

Honestly? If the functionality is the best on the market but it's not pretty enough, functionality should win over. If it doesn't... I don't even know what to say to that. Maybe take another look at your priorities?

Unfortunatelly, that is not how market works :-) So we need nicer ToDo's to get more Toodledo customers, to make Toodledo more profit, to allow Toodledo to make you happy :-)

This message was edited May 08, 2015.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: May 08, 2015
We are right in the middle of a redesign that will make everything prettier. We are nearly done with Outlines and Lists and will be moving on to Tasks and Notes shortly.
johnprince2112

Posted: May 18, 2015
This is good stuff. Not many companies would publish a quasi-scorecard like this. While I'd much rather have indented subtasks in iOS, I understand the need to focus on UX.

With the endless configuration options (which is GREAT) it is imperative there's not "Advanced" forms with buttons to "Super Advanced" forms with a button to "Double-Secret Advanced" forms (simply as a way to place new elements for new features)...where functionality is present yet lost due to lack of UX focus.

I look forward to the re-skin.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.