ForumsNewsNew Logo and Updated Lists/Outlines section

New Logo and Updated Lists/Outlines section
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jul 07, 2015
Score: 0 Reference
Today we are releasing three things.

1) Our new logo and icons:

We've worked hard to refine and improve our logo. Because Toodledo has expanded beyond just "tasks", our new logo was updated to reflect that Toodledo is an entire system of productivity tools. Along with this new logo, we have also refreshed the icons that represent each section and redesigned our iOS and Android app icons.

2) Our Lists section has been visually redesigned to match our new styles, colors and patterns. Everything has been cleaned up and refined to make it easier to use and less cluttered. As part of this redesign, Lists is now responsive, which means that it works regardless of the size of your web browser (desktop, tablet, phone).

3) Our Outlines section has also been redesigned, like the Lists section. In addition to being more refined and responsive, we have added some new ways to view your outlines. From the Action menu you can now choose between "Presentation Mode" and "Edit Mode". "Presentation Mode" is similar to how it was before our redesign. You can add, edit, move and delete outline items by using your mouse and keyboard shortcuts. In the new "Edit Mode" we have added some intuitive visible buttons and menus to help you perform these same actions easier and on devices that don't support keyboard shortcuts (phones and tablets).

This completes a major phase in our ongoing redesign project. So far, we have redesigned our home page, Habits, Lists, Outlines, the forums, all the secondary pages of Toodledo, our Android app, and part of our iOS app. Coming up next are the Tasks and Notes sections. We saved Tasks until the end because it is the most complex and we wanted to make sure that we had all the proper design patterns in place first. It should come along more quickly now.

We have been testing these changes for several weeks with our beta testers and have received a lot of positive feedback. We would like to hear your feedback as well. Please let us know in these forums, with a support ticket, or via email to [email protected].

Thanks,
Jake

This message was edited Jul 07, 2015.
Wayne T.

Score: 1 Reference
When I click on tasks, the layout is wrong. The list of views is at the top center of the screen and the tasks are below that. Using Firefox

JTH_1415980333

Score: 1 Reference
Everything is all jumbled on my screen. I've tried logging out and back in, etc and nothing works. It is currently unusable. Using Chrome if it matters.

Editing to add that it works in explorer (but I don't like explorer). Please fix for Chrome. Thank you.

Jake

Toodledo Founder
We dont see this. Can you please refresh the page and send us a screenshot if you still have trouble?
Wayne T.

I cleared the cache and cookies in my browser, it is working correctly now. Problem might have been from being logged in when the switch took place.
JTH_1415980333

I cleared cache a second time and it is now working on chrome.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
I think we fixed it now. Your web browsers were caching an old file. We just made a change to prevent this from happening. Please reload and it should be back to normal. Sorry about that.
mrruz

awesome, very nice! Can't wait to see the task section revamped too.

FYI, no problems on my end.
pawelkaleta

I really like the new logo, it looks nice and modern, especially compared to old one, good job! :)
donfano

The bullet list doesn't appear to work in the List section while the Numbered list works fine.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
The bulleted list in the note cell in the Lists section should look correct now. Sorry.
donfano

Posted: Jul 08, 2015
Posted by Jake:
The bulleted list in the note cell in the Lists section should look correct now. Sorry.

Yes, it does work now. Thanks!
Yonten.

Very cool. Huge thanks for all the work that's gone in to this.

Everything looks perfect on Firefox, but no Lists on Android. I cleared the cache, but still no.

Running Lollipop with Toodledo 5.8.1 (132)

I guess the update could be being pushed out slowly, but thought best to check.
GSP1963

Kudos on the new Toodledo logo and section redesigns. It all looks great (and I'm very picky, aesthetically)! Good work, Bridget and others.
coolexplorer

Jake / Bridget, The new logo and icons look great. The overall look is cleaner and more contemporary. Congrats!

Tiny improvements : In the Outlines tab - the icon for new notes/tags (near the collaboration button) could show a + sign on the note to indicate it is for new additional notes or tags. Under Display the Edit and Presentation buttons could also have representative icons.

Waiting excitedly for the changes on the Tasks tab (where I spend 90% of my time on TD). Would love an additional free field for custom priority sorting, since I don't use the status fields and the tags field bunches multiple tags together in sorting.

Keep up the good work.
Aquasun

Hi Folks

I just wanted to say thank you. I love the new look and your new logo. I was in a meeting with a client and got a nice surprise this morning when I went to my Toodledo. I recently started using Outlines more and again love what you have done there.

I have been using Toodledo for years now and still believe it is one of the best products out there without being a complex project management system. It literally runs my life.

Well done folks great work as I think the new look and design is great.

Cheers Claire
Thomas R

The task list still displays incorrectly in Safari (8.0.7). No matter how high the window (even in full screen mode), an unnecessary scroll bar is always visible in even an empty list, and the page footer is only partially visible. On longer lists therefore, two scrollbars appear side by side, one for the list, one for the web page, which is very confusing. This error is present since the march redesign, and was absent in earlier versions.

Screenshots here:
http://s8.postimg.org/3lqtppjc5/Empty_list.png
http://s2.postimg.org/agex93sh5/Long_list.png
Jake

Toodledo Founder
@Thomas R: The double scrollbar should be fixed now. Thanks for letting us know.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2      Next

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.