ForumsNewsProgress Report - July 2015

Progress Report - July 2015
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jul 31, 2015
Score: 0 Reference
Here is what we worked on in July.

Web
+ Released the redesign of our Lists section to be responsive and more refined.
+ Released the redesign of our Outlines section to be responsive and more refined.
+ Released the redesign of our logo and product icons.
+ Improved our ability to track errors and warnings across our products.
+ Fixed a number of minor warnings and small bugs across all of our products.
+ Fixed a bug with double scrollbars appearing for people using our "Experimental Scrolling" feature
+ Migrated one of our databases to a faster and more reliable server
+ Explored a new database technology
+ Fixed some spelling errors
+ Improved printing in Outlines, Lists and Habits
+ Fixed a bug where dividers could not be collapsed when sorting your list by "repeat"
+ Researching a new web framework (React)
+ Worked to create a collapsable sidebar across all of our products
+ Fixed a bug with Lists/Habits/Outlines where the page would jiggle on the initial load
+ Worked to redesign and simplify the top right section of the website with all the popup menus (available now for beta testers)
+ Fixed a display bug with tasks that repeat by weekday
+ Worked to create a "product switch" menu that will go in the upper left corner of smaller screens (available now for beta testers)
+ Fixed a bug where the Lists sidebar badges could get out of sync with the actual number of rows inside that list
+ Fixed a bug where the Lists section wasn't displaying the table correctly after you added a new column
+ Fixing the error that shows when you go to a habit/outline/list that doesn't exist
+ Created a "Sweepstakes" page where you can win a free Gold Subscription by saying something nice about Toodledo: http://www.toodledo.com/info/sweepstakes.php
+ Redesigned the footer at the bottom of the page to be slimmer.
+ Began work on redesign of Tasks section
+ Began work on redesign of Notes section

Android
+ Finishing Lists section

iOS
+ Released an update that included the Lists section, and updated Outlines section, and improvements to Apple watch.
+ Fixed a bug where the passcode feature would not work correctly on some iPad devices.

(some of the items mentioned above have not been released yet)
holloway.richard

Posted: Aug 01, 2015
Score: 2 Reference
How's the rollout of the logo going? There's so may areas where it's still using the old one, including the iPhone app.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Aug 04, 2015
Its a work in progress.
jyli

Posted: Aug 07, 2015
A comment on the new responsive list view.

My comment is based on Samsung S4 screen size. When viewing the ‘shopping list’ in portrait mode the ‘checkbox’ column is quite wide and only some characters are visible in ‘Item’ column (which would be the most important column).

When switching to landscape mode the ‘MY LISTS’ menu will appear on the left side of the screen resulting that there isn’t any more space for the list itself in this mode either.

It would be great if there would be a way to hide the ‘MY LISTS’ menu in landscape mode and leave the full screen for the list itself.
JMStahl

Posted: Aug 08, 2015
Will the current watchOS app work on watchOS 2 public beta? I want to try the beta but don't want to lose this app.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Aug 09, 2015
Thanks for the suggestions. As for the WatchOS 2.0 question. It should work, but we haven't tested it yet.
boydston01

Posted: Aug 12, 2015
I just wanted to say how great it is that each list can retain it's own filter and sort settings. So very, very great! (this is an older feature, but still...)

This message was edited Aug 12, 2015.
Dave

Posted: Aug 13, 2015
I didn't know about the change to allow individual lists to retain their own sort features until I read the comment above - this is HUGE and AWESOME!!!! Thank you so much.
erich.jess

Posted: Aug 20, 2015
Still am waiting for sequential tasks ....

Otherwise I love the app :-))
Bill Bowers

Posted: Aug 22, 2015
When I try to print a list, the column isn't wide enough to show the "list item", which makes printing lists worthless. Hopefully, I'm just doing it wrong. Help! Thanks.
john

Posted: Aug 24, 2015
All of my icons have disappeared! This is on safari, firefox and chrome. I have a silver subscription and am using Mac OS X 10.10.5

No other website affected, only Toodledo.

Fix please, unusable at moment!

PS just checked and same on Windows 8 laptop

This message was edited Aug 24, 2015.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
It sounds like your firewall or ISP is blocking content from Toodledo. That would explain why our images don't appear while the rest of the page does.
coolexplorer

Posted by Jake:
It sounds like your firewall or ISP is blocking content from Toodledo. That would explain why our images don't appear while the rest of the page does.

My TD icons refused to show because I was using Ghostery in Chrome which blocked the beacons, widgets, etc. They reappeared when I whitelisted the TD webpage. Maybe this info may help lead you to the cause of the icons disappearing.

This message was edited Aug 24, 2015.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Yes, it is possible for plugins like "Ghostery" and "AddBlock Plus" and others to get false positives and accidentally block things that you really want.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.