ForumsNewsRedesign progress: Navigation bar

Redesign progress: Navigation bar
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Aug 12, 2015
Score: 0 Reference
If you look at the top of the screen in the strip that we call the "Navigation Bar", you'll see that today it looks cleaner. We have consolidated the Tools, Organize, and Help menus into one menu that we are calling the "Account Menu". This is a big step in our redesign process to streamline Toodledo's UI.

If you shrink the window down to skinny sizes, like you would see on a mobile device, you will also see that the Tasks/Notes/Outlines/Lists/Habits buttons collapse into one menu that we are calling the "Product Switch". This was done to make the website more responsive so that it will work across a wider range of screen sizes and devices. Expect to see more of this in the coming updates.

We have also slimmed down the "Footer" at the bottom of the page to give more room for the important stuff.
tannen

Score: 1 Reference
Hi Jake,

The Navigation Bar changes look great, the "product switched" Account Menu is a nice change, and I like the new font. But there is one MAJOR problem with this redesign - for some inexplicable reason, there is a good FOUR INCHES of blank white space on the right side of all the views when the browser window is in full screen mode (which is how I always work). I can see how the view scales in a small window, but why can't it scale for a maximized window? Along with being a complete waste of space, tasks with more than 130 characters now wrap in a visually disruptive way, and when clicking on a task field to go into edit mode there is only about 2/3 of the field visible. This is another waste of usable space.

I've tested in IE, Firefox, and Chrome so it doesn't appear to be just a browser issue. Could this a coding problem or is this by design? I've been using Toodledo for many years and I can't imagine living without it, but this feels like a big step backwards for heavy task users and is going to be something that will really bug me every time I open my browser. Can you PLEASE fix this?

Thank you very much.

Skip Tannen
Jake

Toodledo Founder
I'm not seeing this. Can you please send us a screenshot?
tannen

Sure, be glad to but I'm not sure how to send it. Should I open a support ticket?

Thanks.
Dave

Score: 6 Reference
Why is there a green "1" above my profile picture placeholder, and how do I get rid of it?
jloukota

Posted by Jake:

I'm getting the same "space" on the right-hand side of the screen.

Running windows 10

Trying to send a screen-shot, but can't paste here for some reason
Bob Dusterberg

Posted by jloukota:
Posted by Jake:

Running windows 10

I was getting the same behavior. Know that you can adjust column widths to remove the white space... but an annoying and inconvenient "feature"
jloukota

Posted by Bob Dusterberg:
Posted by jloukota:
Posted by Jake:

Running windows 10

I was getting the same behavior. Know that you can adjust column widths to remove the white space... but an annoying and inconvenient "feature"

Jake, picture of screenshot sent to you via Twitter
tannen

Posted by Bob Dusterberg:
Posted by jloukota:
Posted by Jake:

Running windows 10

Thanks for pointing that out, Bob, but unfortunately that only works in Grid mode. I use the Multi-Line mode and that's where the white space shows up.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Ok, I see the problem now. Will work on a fix.
SES21

Aaaaccckkkkkk! The new font isn't nearly as crisp on my screen as the old. I actually prefer the old size/style whatever but I can live with the new if you'll just clean up the edges. What do you need from me to see what I mean? I haven't reloaded one of my two Toodledo screens yet so I can give you an old & new screenshot if that will help. Please let me know because I can not stand this fuzzy type! I actually have used a better than FHD screen for years for this very reason.
tannen

Posted by Jake:
Ok, I see the problem now. Will work on a fix.

Thanks SO much, Jake!!
Chris

Score: 3 Reference
That green '1' notification is bugging the hell out of me (like Dave above)! How can I make it go away?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
The issue where "multi-line" view wasn't going full width on large monitors is now fixed.

The "1" notification is where we will put messages that we need to communicate to our users. For example, if your subscription is about to expire. Right now, it is showing a suggestion to enter our Sweepstakes. You can click it to reveal the message. Currently it is not possible to dismiss the message but this will be possible in the future.
tannen

Jake, the quick fix on the white space problem is VERY much appreciated!!

I'm also curious about the number 1 on the avatar but there's no rush on that.

skip
SES21

Posted by Chris:
That green '1' notification is bugging the hell out of me (like Dave above)! How can I make it go away?

Based on the green coloring, it appears to be tied to the message about the monthly sweepstakes, at least for me. I suspect if you enter that, it will go away but can't prove it because I didn't. If that is indeed the case, they need a "mark as read" or x or something to dismiss it or it's probably going to distract & irritate a lot of people.

I thought about entering the sweepstakes by tweeting something to the effect of "I'm only doing this so I can get rid of the annoying green '1' notification on my screen!" Do you think that would disqualify my entry?
SES21

Posted by Jake:
The issue where "multi-line" view wasn't going full width on large monitors is now fixed. snip...

Thanks, Jake! Anything on my fuzzy type issue?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
As far as the "fuzzy type" issue, can you please tell me what browser you use? The font hasn't changed. It's still Arial. The only thing we did was slightly increase the font size so people don't have to squint as much.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
ok, I think the fuzzy type issue is fixed now. We had made the text color very very dark grey instead of black, and I think thats what did it.
Dave

Score: 6 Reference
Jake - you've got to let us get rid of that notification somehow. It is going to drive me nuts thinking I have something outstanding every time I look at the screen.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2   3      Next

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.