ForumsNewsIntroducing the Ribbon

Introducing the Ribbon
dlehoven

Posted: Aug 26, 2015
Score: 0 Reference
I like the scrolling, it's particularly helpful when wanting to add a new task. But I find the dark color of the new ribbon overly distracting. Oddly, I think I'd like it better if there were a stronger visual border between the left menu and the task area - either slightly wider or darker. Something to better define the left side of the task area so my eye doesn't keep getting drawn over to the contexts. And I very much agree with one of the previous posters - the icons are a little obscure. Could we please have a feature where they are identified when you scroll over them?

But thank you for your ceaseless work in keeping this app up and running so we can depend on it.
max

Nice. Am I the only one who uninstalled every Chrome extension and went through settings18 times to find out what I'd done wrong - before reading this thread and learning that it was a feature? :)

This message was edited Aug 26, 2015.
sprouty76

Score: 1 Reference
Actually, has the font sized changed for the tasks? I didn't notice it yesterday, but it looks a little cluttered.

Also, once the ribbon is closed you have to open it all up again just to see what view you're in. Would it be possible to add some text to the tooltip or elsewhere to say what the current view is?

This message was edited Aug 26, 2015.
gregg.hemmen

the "copy" "paste" function in Microsoft Edge doesn't seem to be working. It works fine in Chrome but not the Microsoft Edge browser.
natgross

Ok. Chrome problem solved! (It wasn't Chrome:)
The Toggle extension is not yet compatible with this new ribbon.
I disabled the Chrome Toggle extension, and the new layout is functioning properly.

nat
VB777

Score: 3 Reference
HI,

How to switch back from this Ribbon??

I hate this! It works slower, adds another scrollbar to the folders pane, have to click to show it and close. The old menu was much better, mouse over and it shows and move mouse away it hides!

Why don't you offer this as an improvement option? Let those that willing to try switch to it and then sort the bugs and kinks out. Why test on everyone and switch everyone without asking?

Tell me how I switch back from this.

Thanks!
tannen

Bravo! I just wanted to throw in my $.02 and say THANK YOU for implementing the Ribbon - with all the redesign work done recently, this is the single largest improvement to Toodledo so far! Brilliant!

There is one minor little thing I would like to see addressed - I use lots of bullet lists in my task notes (using UL and LI tags) and they used to be spaced properly, but in both of the last two updates the amount of vertical space in the bullet lists has increased <dramatically>. Now when I open a task note there is so much vertical white space I can only see 11 or 12 lines without scrolling. I love the new fonts and the new look, but this is big issue for me - can this please be fixed without losing any of the other visual improvements?

Thank you.
Chris_45

Score: 3 Reference
I love the look of this new Ribbon! I didn't realise though how much I use the "hide" feature in the old version, to make the toolbar appear when the mouse was over it.

It seems other people have a similar issue - perhaps a keyboard shortcut to make the sidebar pop in and out would work?
User1293033808

I AM NOT A LUDDITE. I ENJOY PROGRESS--when it improves things for people.

Unfortunately, I have a minor vision problem and a friend has a major vision problem. The efforts we spent getting Toodledo so we could read it easily seem to be lost. Microsoft brought out the "ribbon," as if it were "progress" without considering whether people who have limitations would be at a disadvantage. Now you're joining them.

Before I start trying to change things, is the new blue color scheme part of a theme in FireFox or wherever, set and changeable in Toodledo, not not changeable at all? Is the new interface something we could change back?
Brian_14

Posted by max:
Nice. Am I the only one who uninstalled every Chrome extension and went through settings18 times to find out what I'd done wrong - before reading this thread and learning that it was a feature? :)

Probably.
Bridget K

Posted by User1293033808:

Unfortunately, I have a minor vision problem and a friend has a major vision problem. The efforts we spent getting Toodledo so we could read it easily seem to be lost.

At Toodledo accessibility is important to us. If you are open to disclosing I would like to get some more information about your vision impairment and how to make our productivity system accessible regardless of disability. If you are not comfortable discussing this in the forums please feel free to drop me an email at [email protected] or make a support ticket.

Thanks,

:)

Bridget
SyneRyder

Had to check in to say just how much I love this update! It looks magnificent. I love that it reminds me of the design of some of my favorite Mac apps (Tweetie, Osfoora Mac, Tweetbot) but also fits with the new Windows 10 design (just like the new Win10 taskbar). Love the animations and hover tooltips as well.

Count me in as one of the folks extending their subscription today to show appreciation of the new feature!

(PS Not sure if your "Pay by Bitcoin" button is working, it got stuck at "Computing...". Don't worry, I was going to pay by credit card anyway!)
Jake

Toodledo Founder
We have made a few changes just now to improve scrolling. Namely

1) Up/Down arrows now scroll
2) Page up/Page down buttons now scroll
3) Home/End buttons now scroll
4) Mouse wheel will now scroll even if the cursor is not inside the task area
5) We have fixed some spacing and alignment issues in the task section
dannyw0011

Love the new ribbon, as well as all the new design features you've implemented. I especially like how more of the horizontal area is available for tasks.

One thing that crossed my mind as I collapsed the ribbon was that it would be very handy to be able to adjust the column widths as needed, directly from the task screen, in the same manner as Excel. And perhaps to right click column headers to either hide or unhide and arrange as needed. Has this been mentioned before?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
You can adjust the column widths.

http://www.toodledo.com/info/help.php#62
dannyw0011

That's what I get for not checking before posting. I have Toodledo set up the way I am comfortable with and haven't looked at the customization features in a long time. Apparently, a very long time...
seeingjay

Score: -3 Reference
This is completely unacceptable. I paid for the service as it was when I paid a couple months ago. I want what I paid for. I don't want symbols, I don't want popups. I don't want a new layout, new lists, new anything. I want it to work properly. It no longer works properly. I'm already deleting the content I had stored with you. I require a refund of the remaining months of my subscription.
toddthetoolmantaylor

Great work on the ribbon and the clean look of Toodledo!

Is there a way to "re-size" or scale the column on the left?
I am unable to see the title of the Folders/Tasks/Lists etc.

Thank you, Todd
aturaten.ds

Score: -1 Reference
There is absolutely no reason to not give an alternate view with the layout being quite similar to what is was before: the ribbon categories being up top and to give the option to have labels. Most of this work would be via stylesheet changes.

Also, use more meaningful ID names in your markup.
c5000nc

Posted: Aug 27, 2015
TASK NOTE EDITING IS NOW MORE CUMBERSOME
:
It now seems that when the left sidebar is open, and a Task Note is opened to edit, we have to now close the sidebar to see the Task Note right side scroll bar. This seems to be because the Task Note is now wider.

This means you've created an extra unnecessary step every single time we want to edit a Task Note.

Further, when opened to edit, the Task Note is also longer, so it no longer fully fits on a 12" laptop screen top to bottom. This makes the Task Note right side scroll bar even more important.

A wider and longer Task Note when editing makes it more cumbersome to edit them than before.

Thanks.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6      Next

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.