ForumsNewsBreadcrumb Bar Update (part 2)

Breadcrumb Bar Update (part 2)
h.grindley

Posted: Sep 23, 2015
Score: 3 Reference
Personally I also don't like the fact that you've moved some functionality that was in an obvious location and needed just one click, to somewhere way to the right of the screen (and I work on a big screen, so agree with Charlene's comment) and that needs 2 clicks.....sigh....
thepaj

Score: 2 Reference
The last few comments, along with my own thoughts leads to the question: Is all this change just based on a wish to create a modern look, rather than improving Toodledo as a productivity tool?

From a productivity point of view, I can't really find anything, except maybe the more "contrasty" Icons, that makes Toodledo faster or easier to work with compared to the "original" version. I correct myself: The half-transparent "K" for the hotkeys help is a good feature too.

I know I'm old and grumpy and negative, but I just don't see the point in moving things around just because it can be done.
pawelkaleta

Score: 3 Reference
They said that it is not the final design so who knows what features are going to be intruduced. I would wait for final design and only then judge if it is more convenient or not.

Take a look what happened with the whole new Breadcrumb Bar feature. For many people it completely replaced the usage of left menu, even if they have been using it often. Who knows, maybe the same will happen for above icons.

I think we should demonstrate more patience and trust to TD team.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Score: 0 Reference
Thanks pawelkaleta!

One thing that I haven't mentioned yet, which may help explain some of our decisions, is that we are working hard to get the Tasks section to work on mobile devices. The old toolbar required a screen wider than 1000 pixels to see all the buttons without horizontal scrolling. There was just too much stuff in it to work at tablet or mobile sizes.

The collapsable sidebar and condensing 4 icons into one has allowed us to get the toolbar to work down to 600 pixels wide and we are working to close the gap all the way down to mobile sizes. Thanks for your patience while we get through this transition. We know its annoying, but we think that its better to release small changes rapidly than to release a huge big change all at once. I promise that we are being really thoughtful and careful and have good reasons for doing what we are doing (backed up by good data). We are not making changes just because we can.
melchizW

Score: 1 Reference
I think the changes are all working towards an end goal based on the user surveys . I"m not big on change , but I think this designer has some good ideas in mind .

This message was edited Sep 23, 2015.
mz.curlyhead

Posted: Oct 08, 2015
Score: 1 Reference
I hate to say this, by I HATE the changes that so many people say they love. Most weren't that big of a deal, like I don't like the side menu being icons going most of the way down the screen, I liked the text that just took up a few lines. The bread crumb bar is not impressive to me. But they aren't that big of a deal for my productivity.

But moving the sort functions off to the upper right and making them extra clicks, has completely turned me off. I sort and filter CONSTANTLY. Like AS I complete tasks for helping me decide what to tackle next. And to make it "cleaner"? It didn't feel cluttered to me before, it felt like I had the most powerful online tool for organizing my to-do list. The "cleaner" looks just hides functions I want to use and makes it more difficult for me.

I'll be patient to see how the rest of the new changes unfolding is supposed to make this all make sense, because I love toodledo. When I found it, it was like heaven, designed to meet my wildest organization dreams. Now it feels like it's just going to be watered down to be similar to the other ones out there. Better than other ones, but now needing to work to find it's special functions. I feel like the search for the next best thing is gong to be on my list soon. Or maybe in a few weeks, Toodledo will make everything come together, humble pie will never taste so good and I'll eat my ranty words.

P.S. The mobile app is also satisfactory to me. No, it's not the same as the web version, but I don't need to dumb down the web version to make the mobile the same thing.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2  

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.