Tasks Redesign (part 5)
clango

Posted: Dec 09, 2015
Score: 1 Reference
I agree. It wasn't intuitive at least for me! But I know now
Martins Tasks

Posted: Dec 20, 2015
Score: 0 Reference
Far left vertical menu bar > Sharing: That panel should display also all publicly available tasks because they are *shared* with everybody.
c5000nc

Posted: Dec 21, 2015
ELIMINATING ONE ROW AT THE TOP:

The new Quick Add Task takes up a whole (rather thick) row, when it could easily fit on the row above between the Breadcrumb Trail to the left and Sort, etc., to the right.

At the risk of making this row seem a bit cluttered, this would free up valuable real estate to show at least one more Task.

My thinking - few new Tasks are so long with so many /date, etc., items added, it could easily fit where I indicated. And it could scroll right to left like an existing Task when it gets too long when added to.

It's important to remember it isn't just ToodleDo headers and (thankfully small) footer taking away our real estate. It is also browser tabs, search bars, etc., on top, and download footers and all the Windows stuff at the bottom (for Windows, anyway).

You've done a great job with improvements and being sensitive to available real estate. I thank you for that and hope that continues.

Thanks!!
Salgud

Posted: Dec 24, 2015
And now for something completely different...

Are those smudges on my TD screen skinny sideways bells, or are they cockroaches? :) I've been pretty positive about and very impressed with the many changes in the TD interface and have had very few complaints. But the cockroaches are kinda creepy! Somebody call an exterminator! At least they're all headed in the same direction, which hopefully means they'll be off my screen by the first of the new year.
SES21

Posted: Jan 06, 2016
Posted by c5000nc:

The new Quick Add Task takes up a whole (rather thick) row, when it could easily...<snip>

What if that row went away all together?

I'd like to see it work something similar to the new Search.

1. Click + (get rid of the words) at the top left or press N if you use KB shortcuts.
2. A row opens up where Quick Add lives today, with the cursor auto-positioned to enter the task title. The field size should be roughly the same as Quick Search & ideally would actually just match the field size you've set for title.
3. If you want to enter more fields (without the new Quick Add tricks), you could click a button at the end of the title, ala Advanced Search, & it would open up for you to fill in any fields across the screen in their normal places, including a note box.
4. Press enter when you're all done & your new task shows up highlighted at the top of your list like it does today!

Simple, space-saving & consistent!
SES21

Posted by Salgud:
And now for something completely different...

Are those smudges on my TD screen skinny sideways bells, or are they cockroaches? :) I've been pretty positive about and very impressed with the many changes in the TD interface and have had very few complaints. But the cockroaches are kinda creepy! Somebody call an exterminator! At least they're all headed in the same direction, which hopefully means they'll be off my screen by the first of the new year.

I laughed out loud when I read this!

They've changed colors. Do you suppose that means they're dying off? One can only hope they do & something better comes along to take their place!
Salgud

Yes, spiders would be better than cockroaches!
TBernstein

Posted: Jan 18, 2016
I'm a long time user of ToodleDo and decided to really take a look at the new features and design. Everything looks great, but I had an issue with advanced search. I wanted to clean up my saved searches and had trouble trying to figure out how to rename a search. I finally realized that I had to save the search under a new name and delete the old name. Why 2 steps?

It took me a while to find the save button as it doesn't appear on the define search page, but only appears AFTER running the search. And then the save button is on the far right, so I didn't notice it right away.

Why not have save, save as, and rename options on the same page where the search is defined? Once you run the search, why not move the save changes and save as buttons next to the Modify link. That's where I thought they would be.
Salgud

Posted: Jan 19, 2016
Posted by TBernstein:

It took me a while to find the save button as it doesn't appear on the define search page, but only appears AFTER running the search. And then the save button is on the far right, so I didn't notice it right away.

Might it be that way because until you see the result, you might not be sure you want to save it?
MisterMuso

Posted: Mar 02, 2016
Posted by Martins Tasks:
Posted by Projects with Martin:
I don't like the orange + for the "Quick add task"

Idea: Eliminate the orange round plus icon and write the "Add Quick Task" text in italic. That would be simple and clean - and enough.

Good idea. Although the big orange Add Task button wasn't bothering me at all, until I read someone mentioning they didn't like it!
jimk222

Posted: Apr 10, 2016
I'm a long time fan of Toodledo and am far better off with it in my routine. Of all the apps I use I find that the support and additional features that are pursued by the developer of Toodledo are very good.

I have 2 suggestions as it relates to tasks and user interface that would greatly speed up my workflow, I hope for others as well.

1) on mobile app version, I have tasks with alarms that present a notification on my lock screen on my iPhone. It would be very handy to have a feature added that when an item appears on the iOS lockscreen as a notification that I could slide the Toodledo item listed on the lock screen over to the left to reveal a button for "Mark as complete" and it would systematically mark it off in the app rather than having to go into the app, after unlocking the phone and find the task and mark it complete.

2) on mobile app version, as I am going through my task list, I usually have an unfortunately long list of tasks I wish I could complete them all each day but most have to be moved to the next day or next week/weekend. The app currently has a "swipe left" feature to reveal the "Delete" button but it would be really handy to have a "swipe right" to reveal a "move to tomorrow". As an additional feature in the settings perhaps this could be modified with a selection for what "swipe right" would be defined as "tomorrow", "1 week", maybe even a priority change. I would be really thankful to have just a simple "swipe right" feature added to only allow for a task to be moved tomorrow. That would be very helpful.

Thanks for your consideration of these two requests.

Jim

This message was edited Apr 10, 2016.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Apr 11, 2016
Thanks for the suggestions. We do not comment on timeframes for implementation, but these are on our to-do list.

Thanks
Paula_99

Posted: Apr 28, 2016
Posted by NaomiR:
I agree with much of the positive feedback above. It is especially exciting to be able to batch edit from any view!

However, there are still two features that I am sorely missing: 1) The ability to manually multi-select tasks for batch edit, and 2) the option to add tags instead of always performing a replace on the tag field in batch edit mode. As I have seen mentioned elsewhere in the forums, there are many times that I want to update a group of tasks that are not uniquely defined by any of the metadata in TD for those tasks.

Essentially, I want to be able to operate on task tags the same way I operate on labels in Gmail, where I can manually select several emails and add/remove labels to/from all of the selected emails without affecting any of the other labels assigned to those emails.

Overall, I am thrilled with how well TD supports the power user without obfuscating basic functionality.

I voted for and am explicitly endorsing Namoi's requests. Those are the two sticking points I have with an otherwise wonderful tool. Also wanted to praise your Importance sorting. It's been a lifesaver.

I use the Stylish Chrome extension to color-code the headers and can easily identify what I need to focus on next. If you're looking for more input on UI, you should incorporate the styling in this particular design - https://userstyles.org/styles/51313/toodledo-colored-importance-2015

This message was edited Apr 28, 2016.
TheGriff

Posted: May 02, 2016
jimk222

Posted: May 26, 2016
Just saw this application Sorted shared via Lifehacker.com. It offers an intriguing UI and something for the Toodledo developers to ponder as they consider the evolution of the tasks portion of the app. I am too embedded with Toodledo but do wish there was a fancier/easier method of managing tasks on the iPhone app.

http://lifehacker.com/sorted-for-ios-makes-task-management-simple-and-fast-1778787438

Thanks for considering this as a way of brainstorming.
Jim
coolexplorer

Posted: May 31, 2016
Posted by jimk222:
Just saw this application Sorted. It offers an intriguing UI and something for the Toodledo developers to ponder as they consider the evolution of the tasks portion of the app.......
http://lifehacker.com/sorted-for-ios-makes-task-management-simple-and-fast-1778787438

Thanks for considering this as a way of brainstorming.
Jim

I too like the ability to manually schedule the tasks in my daily hotlist so that I know the order in which to do them in a busy day. The android app "Ultimate To Do List" has (due to popular demand) developed a work-around to do just this.
Hope we see this feature in Toodledo as the development progresses.
Ummagumma

Posted: Jun 01, 2016
Isn't this already achievable via a combination of stars and priorities ?
Martins Tasks

Posted: Jun 02, 2016
Posted by c5000nc:
It's important to remember it isn't just ToodleDo headers and (thankfully small) footer taking away our real estate. It is also browser tabs, search bars, etc., on top, and download footers and all the Windows stuff at the bottom (for Windows, anyway).

While I don't agree putting the "new task" field right next to the breadcrumb, I do think that the very top horizontal bar, where the Toodledo logo and my avatar reside, are too thick. It would be justified it there's a search field already open, but currently it's a waste of space. That very top bar could easily be half as thick, be more slim.

–martin
Martins Tasks

Posted: Jun 02, 2016
Posted by Salgud:
the cockroaches are kinda creepy!

Totally agree. I did not think about cockroaches when I first saw it, but honestly, it took me a while to realize that it's supposed to be a BELL. It's a minor thing, but it could be designed more smart. Currently it seems very "blotchy" to me.

–martin
c5000nc

Posted: Jun 13, 2016
CALEDAR SHOWS 100s OF TO-DOs IN TASKS

Not sure if this happens to anyone else...

When I look at To Do's for a specific date on the Calendar function to the left, it shows those day's ToDo's as well as tons of To Do's for other days. This makes it useless. Is there a way to change settings or something else?

Thanks!!
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2   3  

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.