ForumsNewsBatch Edit tool can now append tags

Batch Edit tool can now append tags
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Dec 07, 2015
Score: 0 Reference
Good Monday morning everyone. We have a small update for you today. The newly enhanced "Batch Edit" tool is now getting a further small enhancement. Previously if you wanted to change the tag on a batch of tasks, you had to replace all the tags with the same new tag. Now, you have another option which is to add or append a tag to the existing tags on those tasks. This is helpful if the tasks in the batch you are editing have a unique collection of tags and you only want to give them all an additional tag.

Enjoy!
Salgud

Score: 1 Reference
This is great news, Jake, BIG IMPROVEMENT in the usability of Tags. Even better, it's the second significant improvement in the task management side of TD in the last few weeks! This really makes me happy!

This message was edited Dec 07, 2015.
pawelkaleta

This is example of improvments we are all waiting for, thanks!!
melchizW

Score: 1 Reference
awesome update ! and I just discovered today another goodie about the batch edit tool in general , If I don't want to batch edit the entire group on a page , If I sort the results by folder , context etc and collapse them , I can choose to to edit only the group[s] I expand . Very cool .

This message was edited Dec 07, 2015.
coolexplorer

Posted: Dec 08, 2015
Score: 2 Reference
Great to see a functional improvement (appending tags through batch edit) in the Task area, where I spend 90% of the time. Tags have the 'potential' to surpass many other functions in TD if they are structured well, made convenient and fast. A big thanks!

Is there a way to batch Delete a tag from a number of tasks without affecting their other tags ?

What would be very convenient would be tag prediction when entering the first few letters of a tag (like in Evernote).

Anyway I am happy with the way TD is being developed.

This message was edited Dec 08, 2015.
saskia.x

Posted: Dec 10, 2015
THANKYOU! This is something I've been hoping for for a long time, it should make the tag field a lot more useful!
garyo

Posted: Dec 11, 2015
I must have missed something -- how do you select the tasks you want to batch-edit? This would be huge for me.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Dec 11, 2015
Whatever list you are looking at is what is edited, so you need to pick a list, and apply filters or do a search to get the tasks you want to edit. Then select the "Batch Edit" option from the action menu.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.