ForumsNewsIntroducing our new Homepage

Introducing our new Homepage
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Mar 01, 2016
Score: 0 Reference
Today we are releasing our newly redesigned homepage. This is what visitors see before they create an account and what you see before you sign in. We had three goals for this new front page.

1) Better communicate the benefits of Toodledo to prospective new customers.
2) Explain the key features of Toodledo to returning customers so that they can learn how to use Toodledo to it's full capacity.
3) Make the page load faster so that you can sign-in quicker and get to your tasks.

Please let us know what you think.
Salgud

Nice! But there is a spelling error in one of your quotes. It's my last name! :)
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Oops! Can you please tell us the correct spelling, via a support ticket if you prefer.
Salgud

Bellamy abcdefg
Jean

Posted: Mar 06, 2016
Score: -11 Reference
Home page shows two different individuals. Both appear to be Caucasian. Both are using tablets.

Existing user login page shows the forearms of an individual who appears to be a Caucasian male.

Only white people using Toodledo? Only people with tablets use Toodledo? I'm not a white male. I don't use Toodledo on a tablet.

This is not a political correctness rant, but seriously? Get with the program, folks. It's 2016 and the world is a much more interesting place.
Salgud

Posted: Mar 07, 2016
Thanks for fixing the spelling of my name!
main account (glo)

I don't see the homepage often (my browser opens directly to the sign-in page) so I don't know what it used to look like, but this is all really nice. I especially love the "explore the features" section, I would have found that verrry helpful when I first started. I also really like how well the page resizes, even to the point of removing graphics that won't fit in a smaller space (such as the File Attachments and Subtasks graphics on the Pricing page).

I agree with DrFrankBuck about adding some of the features onto the Pricing list because that is the first place I go when looking to see what is offered with a new program, and if I compared it to the Features section, I might wonder if all of those were available with each level. It looks like the Subscription link at the bottom shows more information, which seems strange to me. Toodledo is a powerhouse. The amount of space and customization you get for the price is something you cannot hit people over the head with enough, I say.

I can also see Jean's point - except for the small collaboration graphic on the Pricing page (and possibly the bearded man on the front/Platforms pages?), it's all white people. I'm glad to see a couple women represented so I imagine some racial inclusion would be appreciated, since I see at least eight different white people used in the large images throughout the pages. Since this is what prospective new customers see, it's something to think about.

There are also some mistakes in the Mission statement under the Press link at the bottom: in the second sentence under Tasks, it says "suite" instead of "suit;" in the second sentence under Collaboration, it should say "your spouse" rather then "you spouse."

Overall, I really like the look and utility of the homepage. You and your team seem to never stop trying to improve every aspect of Toodledo, which has made it the best task management tool I've found, so thank you for that!
Jake

Toodledo Founder
We hear you about racial diversity on our homepage. Our initial plan was to have a racially diverse set of photos, but we had a very difficult time finding stock photos of racially diverse people using a computer/device that also worked with the composition of our homepage. We'll revisit this and try to find better stock photos. Thanks for your feedback.
Jean

Posted: Mar 08, 2016
Score: -2 Reference
Jake,

I appreciate that your intentions were to do better, and that you'll take another look and the stock photos.

I don't appreciate that others users voted my post so negatively that it was hidden from view. I was very clear that I was not ranting or getting all worked up about anything. I only wanted to voice concern that the choice of photos didn't accurately reflect the user base. Sad that some wanted to read more into it.

My subscription has just been renewed!

Jean
Salgud

Posted: Mar 08, 2016
Score: 1 Reference
Jean
Unfortunately, it is the custom in these forums to downvote anyone who posts an unpopular opinion. Doesn't have to be in any way inappropriate, just not what people want to hear. First forum I've participated in (been participating in them since they came into existence many years ago) that is that way.
boydston01

Posted: Mar 09, 2016
Score: 2 Reference
Considering that almost all todo apps boast that they allow you to "work your own way," I wonder if there is a clear and concise way to show/communicate that Toodledo actually allows you to create your own system (especially via saved searches). I think this is what really sets Toodledo apart.
melchizW

Posted: Mar 10, 2016
definitely agree ! saved searches is a biggie for sure .
I think of omnifocus [mac app ] and how they promote their " perspectives " but it's limited to the formats that they allow you to work with .
You really can't " roll your own " like you can with Toodledo.

This message was edited Mar 10, 2016.
aleding

Posted: Jun 22, 2016

This message was edited Jun 22, 2016.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.