ForumsNewsPreview of New Notes Section

Preview of New Notes Section
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Mar 23, 2016
Score: 0 Reference
@haim: The search/link issue can be overcome with some work that we plan to do. The gist of the technical hurdle is that if the highlighted text starts before the link and ends in the middle of the link, it can break the link. So, instead of breaking the link, we decided to turn the links off during a search. We'll resolve this in the future.

@nighthawk: Can you try something for me? Click the note to make it editable. Then type something into the note, anything. Then click the timestamp button. Please let us know if it works in this case and it will give us the clue we need to solve the problem.
FHE-IV

Posted: Mar 26, 2016
Posted by Jake:
@FHE-IV Can you please tell us which web browser you are using? When we print a long note, it prints the whole thing on multiple pages.

Hi Jake,
I was using Firefox version 44 when I tried printing.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Mar 28, 2016
Firefox printing should be fixed now for Notes
FHE-IV

Posted: Mar 28, 2016
Score: 1 Reference
Thanks Jake. I will probably be using this later this week. No rush but two questions:

1. I was wondering, is there a way to see where the total number of notes for all folders?

2. Is there a way to have Notes open to the same folder and see the listing for the notes in that folder upon returning to notes at a later opening of Notes?

Thanks to all of you again for all of your hard work and everyone that you work with!
mark.gent

Posted: Mar 29, 2016
Hi,

Love the new Notes layout and functionality, but do find the sudden 'jump' of the text downward when switching to edit mode very jarring and annoying.

Is there a way to make the 'save' etc. buttons only take over existing (currently blank?) screen real estate so that everything doesn't jump downward whenever those buttons appear?

Thanks.
nighthawk59

Posted: Mar 30, 2016
the time-stamp now works for me, so whatever you changed worked. Thanks.

As mark.gent noted above, the app in general still seems a little "jumpy."
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Mar 31, 2016
To see the total number of notes, click on the "All Notes" button in the blue ribbon and then look at the top of the side bar. It will say "My Notes (23)" if you have 23 notes.

It is not currently possible to have Notes remember which folder you were viewing and take you back there the next time, but I'll add this to our to-do list. Its a good idea.

We'll work on the "jumpiness" when entering edit mode and see if we can make it smoother.
vivendom.budget

Posted: Apr 03, 2016
Without edit button i have some problems scrolling down when i want to read length notes, because off automatically editing. I know that you gain one step when you want to edit those notes but for little screens (smartphones) we are decreasing our reading performance. Please, could you maintain an edit button as an option on settings?

Additionally if you work with href hyperlinks, automatically editing became a big problem as i told you
here

This message was edited Apr 03, 2016.
pianoladybarb

Posted: Apr 04, 2016
Hi, I love the new layout, but it seems to take forever for all of my notes to load. It wasn't like that with the old version. The only way I can get all of them to load is by scrolling on the left hand toolbar until they all appear. My notes all appear with a surname and a first name. Previously, I could use a browser search to find them because they were all present, but now it doesn't work. I have almost 4000 notes and need quick access to all of them.

Is this something that can be ironed out?

TIA,
Barb
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Apr 04, 2016
We intentionally do not load all the notes in the sidebar to improve performance. As you scroll down, more will be loaded in batches until you reach the bottom. This does break browser search, but if you use Toodledo's search, it should find the notes just as fast.
millelj

Posted: Apr 19, 2016
Score: 1 Reference
I'd like to add another vote for returning the "Edit" button. I find I often enter edit mode accidentally, losing my place, and risking unintentional changes. Specific situations include (1) clicking on the window to make it the active window, (2) highlighting text to copy; either by double/triple clicking for word/line, or click-drag (with click starting in an already highlighted zone).

Otherwise I like the changes I've seen. This is a GREAT app/site - thanks for all the awesome work!
Tangram11

Posted: Apr 24, 2016
Score: 2 Reference
In terms of priority, frankly I find delivering a new layout a waste of time compared to the value that would be delivered if you incorporated basic inline formatting tools. Bold, underline, bullet points, indents.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Apr 25, 2016
We are working on that.
Iven Better-Organized

Posted: May 23, 2016
Like the new interface very much.
But actually I am looking for a possibility to PRINT a note which is in Task-section the same way like here in notes-section.
Does anyone know how to print a note inside a TASK at all? Not printing the whole tasks-screen :-(

(Sorry for the misleading double usage of the term "note" in both sections)

Thanks for any advice or taking it on the todo-list for developers.

Regards,
Iven

This message was edited May 23, 2016.
szn2xylx

Posted: Oct 17, 2016
Score: 2 Reference
I think markdown is more convenient than HTML tag. It may be better if our Notes support the use of markdown editing notes.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2  

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.