ForumsNewsForum Moderator and some improvements

Forum Moderator and some improvements
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jun 23, 2009
Score: 3 Reference
We are very happy to announce that Anders has become a volunteer moderator for these forums. If you have read these forums for at least 5 minutes, you'll know that Anders is always extremely helpful with answering questions and providing advice. Thanks Anders!

To support our first moderator, Anders' name is now highlighted with a star to bring attention to his helpful posts.

In addition, there is now some additional information on people's profile pages. The "Karma" line represents how helpful someone is in these forums. It is based on the thumbs up/down voting records for that person's posts. Also, posts that have received enough negative votes will now be hidden, but you can click to reveal them if you want.
Allen

Posted: Jun 23, 2009
Score: 2 Reference
Congratulatons Anders -- and congratulations Toodledo! It has always been easy to mistake Anders for a moderator, if not a Toodledo employee, great to see this recognition of his time and effort.
KatBoy

Posted: Jun 24, 2009
Score: 1 Reference
Great news - and congrats to Anders. I'm always learning new things from you; and starting to actually get organised and efficient :-)
Vin Thomas

Score: 0 Reference
It's about time it became official :)
lite1

Score: 2 Reference
Posted by Toodledo:

To support our first moderator, Anders' name is now highlighted with a star to bring attention to his helpful posts.

In addition, there is now some additional information on people's profile pages. The "Karma" line represents how helpful someone is in these forums. It is based on the thumbs up/down voting records for that person's posts.

Good move, Anders has been very helpful to me when I 1st started TD 8 weeks ago.

I expect this great forum of users will take seriously the thumbs up and down as meaning that the post adds a meaningful contribution to the discussion of that thread. If I understand the TD intention, it is not a vote of agreement or disagreement with the post. I think that it is important for the community to have clarity on this, just as in "doing work" it is helpful to be clear on "urgency" and "importance".

Edward
Added in edit:
P.S. Personally I have never liked up/down on forums as I rarely see it being used in a consistent and meaningful way and it can turn into a vote of liking/disliking the person rather than evaluating the contribution that a post makes to the discussion. B4 I purchase/commit to bringing software into my life or business I always spend hours reading the forum, and the TD forum has always impressed me with the general level of respect, helpfulness, and intelligent discussion - I'm sure that we can keep it that way. I'd also suggest that the OP should be evaluated on the basis of its clarity,completeness of information, and that the Thread title chosen is a good summary - all of these things help other users by allowing them to decide whether to open the thread; find things through search; and in responding to a Question or Tip because the boundaries of the topic have been delineated. Sorry, this is probably overkill, however I really care about this forum.

This message was edited Jun 24, 2009.
Proximo

Posted: Jun 25, 2009
Congratulations Anders.

I think everyone here can agree that Anders is the perfect first choice for a Moderator.
Linden

Posted: Jul 01, 2009
Congrats, Anders. You've been an effective volunteer within the forums for a long time, and I agree with others that it's cool to see that role officially recognized.

You are dedicated, knowledgable, and always have unique insights into how the system can be used to complete everyone's unique feature wishlists!
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.