ForumsNewsWe now have a Gmail gadget

We now have a Gmail gadget
Venture Arts

Posted: Jul 02, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
Wow, excited to test this one out. Way to be ahead of the curve...
Leech

Great. Please can you edit the gadget title? Now it's too long. Just "Toodledo" is enough.
Anders

Good point. If either the subtitle was removed or the font knocked down a point or two, the title would fit on a single line.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Thanks for the suggestion.
Anders

Posted: Jul 04, 2009
Any chance the Toodledo themes for the main site could also be applied to the Slim site, and therefore the Gmail gadget? It's no big deal, but I have a mostly gray and black theme on Gmail, and the blues of the gadget look out of place.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jul 04, 2009
Thanks for the suggestion.
mike

Posted: Jul 07, 2009
I wonder if you are considering making the task layout and font size user adjustable? I appreciate that you have just recently released this version with smaller fonts but I still find that the iGoogle gadget screams out of my dark and sedate iGoogle page, due in part to the colours not matching to the theme but also the much larger font size and the banner at the top.

I understand that you want to remind users the it's ToodleDo that is maintaining their lists, but is the banner really necessary? It occupies a significant (17%) of the valuable gadget real estate and the gadget border already identifies and promotes ToodleDo; the add task and refresh buttons could easily move down to the Top/links row if the Top > Hot List font size were reduced too.

On my widescreen laptop (1920x1200) I can afford the space but on the pathetic work screens (1280x1024) I find I have to minimise the gadget to see all my other stuff clearly.

Please... even smaller (or user option?) fonts and cut down or remove the banner.

Thanks

p.s. +1 to the themes integration with iGoogle/GMail - I too use dark themes.

edit: how about enabling the user to set/override the css? Just a thought.

This message was edited Jul 07, 2009.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Thanks for the suggestions.
Vin Thomas

You can override the CSS with the Firefox add-on "Stylish" very easily.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/2108
Anders

Vin, even when it is a gadget embedded in the page? Please elaborate :)
mike

Posted by Vin Thomas:
You can override the CSS with the Firefox add-on "Stylish" very easily.

Thanks but I prefer Opera, I'm looking into overriding it myself but just think it would be nicer if all users could do it more easily.

This message was edited Jul 07, 2009.
saskia.x

Posted: Jul 08, 2009
Posted by Toodledo:
2) It is now possible to sort by "Importance" and "Status".

I'm not sure if I'm being really dumb, but I can't work out how to change the sort order! Proximo mentioned something about an icon hidden under the breadcrumbs, but it's either completely hidden or not there for me. I had expected it to be something in the settings, but nothing there either. This is disappointing as I've been wanting to sort the slim version by importance for about a year :(

Hopefully it's just me missing something!
Anders

Posted: Jul 08, 2009
Score: 1 Reference
The sort button looks like two green arrows crossing over one another. It is on the darker blue line below the Toodledo logo. If you go to a list like Starred, or All Tasks, yiu should be able to see it. In a Context, or Folder,etc. It will be obscured by the Context/Folder name, but can still be pressed if you click the edge of it.
aaron.lyons

Posted: Jul 09, 2009
Now just if we would integrate with gmail one step further to allow e-mail to task linking similar to the RTM firefox extension we'd be all set.
http://www.rememberthemilk.com/services/gmail/addon/

This message was edited Jul 09, 2009.
saskia.x

Posted: Jul 15, 2009
Thanks Anders! That icon has been there so long that I'd stopped noticing it - I didn't really use the sort function before since I only really wanted to sort by importance.

Ahh, it's so nice to finally have my hotlist sorted the way I want it without having to open the full website!

This message was edited Jul 15, 2009.
ssl2468

Posted: Aug 14, 2009
Does anyone know of a keyboard shortcut for adding a new task using the Gmail gadget? Thanks!
Anders

Posted: Aug 14, 2009
I don't think it is possible. I'm pretty sure Gmail's keyboard shortcuts can't be mapped to third party gadgets at all. You can set Add New Task as your default start page for the gadget in its settings.

Also, if you use Firefox, Toodledo has an excellent addon that allows you to add a new task with a keyboard shortcut from any page (it also has a toolbar button, a sidebar similar to the Gmail gadget, and some neat context menu options).
Hartl

Posted: Aug 19, 2009
Hi!

It's a great tool, thanks. But is it possible to move the gadget to the right side?
Anders

Posted: Aug 19, 2009
Google does not make that possible. There may be some user script to do it with Greasemonkey, but I have not seen one. The only thing Google allows you to move over there is the "Chats" box. There is a Labs feature for that. There is also a Labs feature that allows you to reorganize your gadgets by drag and drop, but you are still limited to the left side. (I already tried them both in combination to see if it would allow me to put other stuff on the right, but no go)
It would be a good suggestion for Google Labs though: http://groups.google.com/group/gmail-labs-suggest-a-labs-feature/topics
a.areena

Posted: Aug 21, 2009
Like it. But not the size. Could you please, make it a little bit smaller? Or maybe in a settings to adjust as I want.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2   3      Next

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.