ForumsNewsToodledo Roadmap Update

Toodledo Roadmap Update
Christoph Dollis

Posted: Sep 13, 2016
Score: 2 Reference
Posted by Jake:
Anyone who wants to be a beta tester should sign up here:

https://www.toodledo.com/info/beta.php

We'll send out an announcement when its time to test. Shouldn't be much longer now.

Done. I hope one of the things I get to Beta test soon is Saved Searches on Android!
Tripper

Posted: Oct 03, 2016
Score: 1 Reference
How are things coming along on the tasks overhaul Jake?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Oct 03, 2016
Score: 0 Reference
Nearly ready for public beta. Maybe this week if all the stars align.
coolexplorer

Posted: Oct 06, 2016
Your subscribing customers are aligned and eager to test out the new features in the Task section!
Bring it on.
Duo

Posted: Oct 07, 2016
Posted by DrFrankBuck:

One of the suggestions Duo had caught my eye..."Timestamp functionality in task notes." For those who use Chrome as the browser, there is a great, free text expander called Auto Text Expander for Google Chrome. I have a "shortcut" programmed that stamps the date and another that date and time stamps.

Unfortunately I also use other browsers and Mobile is crucial for me.

Posted by ukz_:
Posted by Duo:

Would Like To Have
--------------------------

A way to mark tasks that are in progress

It's only one of the many things on your note but you can use "Status" for that.

The options under Status are based on GDT task statuses, which is how I use them. There is no Status option for in-progress tasks.

Posted by steve.fosdick:
Posted by Duo:
As I indicated above The Android app is a real issue and as far as I can tell no one at Toodledo actually uses this app as their main/only mobile app....

[...] For a while now I have used "Ultimate Todo List" for Android. I did try the official Android app when it first came out and wasn't hugely impressed so I avoided it for a while. I have now installed the latest update and it does seem to be better but if the re-vamp improves this still further this will be very welcome.

I’ve been using Ultimate To-Do List since I started using Toodledo. It’s much better than the current Android app but it is still lacking. It only has partial functionality compared to the website, which means I have to use both that app and the official app to be able to do what I need to do.

I’m just hoping for some good news on the new Tasks beta front after this weekend’s upgrade.

This message was edited Oct 07, 2016.
J. Michael Stahl

Jake,

How is work going on an update to the iOS app?

Thanks!
Jake

Toodledo Founder
We are making good progress on that too. The new tasks section will be available on Monday for beta testing.
Duo

Posted by Jake:
The new tasks section will be available on Monday for beta testing.

Fantastic news. Thanks Jake.
coco soodek

Posted: Oct 10, 2016
Any update on beta testing the new tasks section?
Duo

Posted by coco soodek:
Any update on beta testing the new tasks section?

It has been live for a little while now.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
elysee

Posted: Nov 23, 2016
How long will be the beta testing?

This message was edited Nov 23, 2016.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Nov 23, 2016
Until we stop getting bug reports :)

We released an update to the beta yesterday that includes Collaboration tools. So we are very close.
garyo

Posted: Nov 28, 2016
I've been enjoying it. Only things wrong for me are the occasional sync errors and the date picker stays up too long. (Both of which I've reported.)
fernandoeduardo2007

Posted: Nov 29, 2016
Hi!

I would to transform "Outlines" in Tasks and also that there would be more levels of the "Subtasks", at least four.
Olivir2015

I am pretty sure that this would be a REALLY big rewrite (while current beta is an UI overhaul) - I mean your second suggestion. AFAIK, one of the main reasons for Outlines was precisely this - to allow nested sub(sub-sub...)tasks.

Posted by fernandoeduardo2007:
Hi!

I would to transform "Outlines" in Tasks and also that there would be more levels of the "Subtasks", at least four.
pawelkaleta

Current Outline section setup is not that bad, the only thing which is missing (the same for Lists section) is lack of easy conversion between them and Tasks section. I'd like to have the quick option to convert any outline or list item to task and also in the opposite direction. Copy-pasting the item's title is kind of workaround here but obviously very far from ideal solution.
elysee

Posted: Dec 03, 2016
Score: 5 Reference
I imagined that with the new update it would be possible to select multiple tasks with the mouse and than change the details for that task (e.g. due date, start date, priority or delete multiple tasks at once). I know that I can use the batch edit tool for that but there I always have to define a search before.

Do you plan to select and edit multiple tasks at once in the future? This would really be an important feature to make the handling more user friendly.

I also wish this to be implemented in the mobile apps. I have a lot of tasks that I want edit at once.
Olivir2015

Posted: Dec 05, 2016
I think the idea is OK (and welcome for some people) - I just cannot imagine how to actually visualize it. You cannot use a checkbox for this (it would be pretty confusing, having to checkboxes for a single task). Clicking/tapping a task would also only work in an unused area, which is in Grid mode practically non-existent - you click/tap to edit field, not select a task.

I am not against the idea, I just find it really difficult to get it working...

Posted by elysee:
I imagined that with the new update it would be possible to select multiple tasks with the mouse and than change the details for that task (e.g. due date, start date, priority or delete multiple tasks at once). I know that I can use the batch edit tool for that but there I always have to define a search before.

Do you plan to select and edit multiple tasks at once in the future? This would really be an important feature to make the handling more user friendly.

I also wish this to be implemented in the mobile apps. I have a lot of tasks that I want edit at once.
pawelkaleta

Posted: Dec 05, 2016
Score: 6 Reference
There are apps where you only need to click Menu-Multiselect option to switch to special mode where you can pick as many items you want, checkbox could play this role in this mode to select multiple tasks. Batch edit tool could open automatically in this mode too so that you can decide what to do with selected tasks. After that it could come back to standard mode.

This message was edited Dec 05, 2016.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2   3  

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.