ForumsNewsA few tweaks for reminders

A few tweaks for reminders
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jul 04, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
We do plan to make new subtasks inherit the defaults or the characteristics of the parent. This is on our to-do list.
sventhebrit

Posted: Jul 05, 2009
Score: -1 Reference

I don't see any way to configure which todos are to be send to which e-mail addresses. For example, I'd like the todos that are in my "Work" folder to the "work" e-mail address.

A slick way to implement something like this would be to use "Targets" as implemented by "www.gopingme.com". You can configure multiple email addresses on this site (PingMe isn't a GTD manager, but more simply offers an email reminder service) - it is just the target feature I am endorsing.

Suggestion
Also, in terms of reminders - I love the functionality. On the website, do we really need the reminder checkbox -- If I select the time ie.15mins, then this indicates I want the reminder so I don't see a need for the checkbox as well. The same logic is in the iPhone interface - I only have to select the value.

Thanks
Steve
Anders

Good point about the reminder check box. It does seem redundant now that you mention it.
Jonathan

Could I be a pain and ask for a 0min lead time on the reminders?

Quite often I have work tasks that need to be done at a certain time, if the notification arrives at my iPhone 15mins early I will forget it (and there is no option to snooze). Otherwise I have to set the due time 15mins after the actual due time, just so I can get the reminder at the correct time!

Thanks
Anders

Alan

Posted: Jul 07, 2009
Posted by Jonathan:
Could I be a pain and ask for a 0min lead time on the reminders?
YES! I agree.
Alan

Are there plans to release an upgrade to the Firefox add-on to accommodate the new "alarm" field/function?
Anders

Toodledo has that on their to do list. See this thread: http://www.toodledo.com/forums/2/2342/0/firefox-add-on-alarm-notify-me-missing.html
replytoken

I am totally loving the tweaks you implemented for the reminders! One low priority suggestion, if and when time permits, regarding the reminder box. You have a No Date command which is very handy to clear out an already existing date. Could it possibly have a companion command for "No Time" when we just want to clear out the time? Some times I want to move a date forward to antoher date, but without a specific time. It is possible to first hit the No Date command, but No Time would be a nice addition.

Thanks,

--Ken
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Thanks for the suggestion.
Acustk

Posted: Jul 08, 2009
Posted by replytoken:
...No Time would be a nice addition.

Also, if there was a way to add a dropdown selection for the TIME field, we would be able to 100% complete this section with the mouse only.

Click, click, click. DONE.

Thanks for considering this suggestion.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jul 08, 2009
Thanks for the suggestion.
Tim

Posted: Jul 09, 2009
I would REALLY like to see an option to enable a default reminder for ALL tasks that have a due date. That way, even if I add a task outside of the web interface, if I set a due date and even a due time, I will at least get my default reminder without having to later go into the web interface and manually set this reminder.

I think the default reminder for new tasks is great and all... but I only use the web interface *maybe* 50% of the time. I'm constantly adding tasks from my iPhone using Appigo's Todo application. I'm a Pro subscriber, so I would even be happy if this "option" was a pro only feature.

Not sure how hard this would be to implement, but it sounds like that is the way it *used* to be, and then someone decided to change it to allow individual task customization (which I can see the value in, but removing the old feature completely with no option kinda bites).

BTW, I love the product so far and am very happy... just wish for this feature to minimize my steps required to manage my tasks. ;-)
Anders

Posted: Jul 09, 2009
Toodledo has saisd they plan to allow New Task Defaults apply to remotely added tasks: https://www.toodledo.com/forums/2/2234/-11157/default-values-for-e-mailing-tasks.html
This would mean emailed tasks would also inherit those fields that new tasks added on the site do.
marisa_whitfield

Posted: Jul 17, 2009
Reminders only seem to work for me if wifi is switched off. This isn't just Toodledo, it's all of the new 'push' notifications.

If I am on 3g everything works fine.

If wifi is turned on, but I'm using 3g as there is no wifi present, they don't work.

If wifi on and using it, they don't work.

I can see from the forums that a lot of people are finding this. It applies to all apps using this sytem it seems, and it's only some wifi situations. I've heard that some people's notifications work fine on their work wifi, but not on their home wifi!

It's all a bit of a pain, so has anyone on here found a way round this?
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2  

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.