ForumsNewsToodledo Tasks redesign ready for public beta testing

Toodledo Tasks redesign ready for public beta testing
Olivir2015

Posted: Dec 09, 2016
Score: 0 Reference
Saved searches do not work on IE 11 - they do on MS Edge. Created a ticket for that too.
Adrien Beau

Score: 1 Reference
Posted by pawelkaleta:
Each time I pick a date from any date selector (e.g. for Start Date or Due Date etc.) I need to wait for 2-3 seconds until selector disappear and date is set for task.

Posted by ishayahu:
By me, a new layout works VERY slowly. Much more slowly as old one.

What computers and what browsers do you use?

The new site uses a lot of JavaScript, and this can be slow on old machines and old browsers. It can also be slow on recent low-end CPUs such as Celerons and Pentiums.
pawelkaleta

In my case it works like this on each computer I tried and any browser I have tested, it is not the software nor hardware issue on my end. Also it is not a matter of poor internet speed.
Ummagumma

Same here. Picking a date, I either have to click on another task to close the dialog, or wait for several seconds. .
User1390689083

Yes, I am on a 2015 MacBook Pro and I sometimes get the Javascript timeout message which I never saw prior to the beta.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
It would be helpful for us to know what you are doing that is causing the timeout message. Because I can't get that to happen.
Peter Scott

Posted: Dec 11, 2016
Jus filed ticket:

I have a saved search that displays ~80 results in the production site, but zero results in tasksbeta. That search:

Match all
Checked off = no
Status is Hold
Start date was in last 999 days
OR
Due date was in last 300 days
pawelkaleta

Posted: Dec 16, 2016
What I really don't like in the new layout is the behaviour of Mobile/Resized view, the one that Toodledo switches to on small screens or small window size. While viewing any task's details, when you want to edit a task's folder or context or priority or dates etc you click on given parameter and set new value but then you have to click 'Back' each time. Is it really necessary to have that step?

Shouldn't it immadiately accept any change I make and go back to task's details?

Maybe it is not a big issue at first glance but please try to edit several tasks in a row, several parameters for each, and I'm sure you will get what I have in mind.

Can you consider to remove that step?
Olivir2015

This is difficult to solve, as I tend to type or choose bad data, especially on mobile when going down the street and the middle step of tapping Back is actually an advantage for me. So I just simply don't know which solution would work for me better.
pawelkaleta

I thought about that argument but I'm sure most of taps are correct rather than incorrect in case of most of the people around. So by default the assumption should be made by the app that user hits what he intended to hit rather than assuming he hits incorrectly most of the time.

There is always an option to correct the possible mistake if it occurs by going again to given parameter, and that can serve as kind of "punishment" for not being precise enough :-) or it can simply motivate you to be more precise going forward.
Christoph Dollis

Posted: Dec 28, 2016
Hi Jake,

In the Beta Android App, both on Lollipop and Marshmellow, Saved Searches are awesome to have (thank you for rolling this out!), however, aren't behaving as expected.

Specifically, I have had Saved Searches for a long time on the Web version and iOS app set up as follows:

Today
Today & Tomorrow
Today & Two Days
Week
Fortnight
Month
Quarter
Year
All Tasks

... as well as:

Monday
Tuesday
Wednesday
Thursday
Friday
Saturday
Sunday

These time-based save searches are hugely useful, as I end up with lists automatically created for all these time-frames without having to specifically create them as such. It's all based on the task's Start Date, as suggested by Michael Linenberger.

Anyway, in the Android App, what I am noticing is that with show "Future Tasks" checked, ALL tasks are displayed regardless of which of these Saved Searches I select. This is also true in the Android Widget. The only workaround is to unselect show "Future Tasks" within the app, which defeats the purpose of and convenience of these Saved Searches.

So, in short, rules to only display a given timeframe of tasks in a Saved Search are not respected in the both Android App and Widget, but are in the Web App and iOS App.

I hope this can be fixed, and thanks again for putting Saved Searches on Android!

P.S. I thought that was it, but looking further, I see that EVERY Saved Search I have, even those that are based on keywords, etc., show ALL my tasks, even though they should show far less. So it seems that Saved Searches on Android don't work yet. I assume my experience isn't unique and you're aware of it, and the Saved Searches on Android are just a placeholder for what will be functional Saved Searches in the nearish future? Please correct me if I'm wrong, and this is a genuine bug!
Jake

Toodledo Founder
There may be a bug with a saved search that uses start-date with a "relative date" like "Today" or "Tuesday" instead of an absolute date like 'Dec 28, 2016'. I'll look into this.
Christoph Dollis

Posted by Jake:
There may be a bug with a saved search that uses start-date with a "relative date" like "Today" or "Tuesday" instead of an absolute date like 'Dec 28, 2016'. I'll look into this.

Thanks very much, Jake.

I am wondering if this might be an issue specific to my account rather than the potential bug you're describing.

I submitted Support Ticket #64669. You might want to have a look at that.

What is going on there is when I switch to the new layout, I have less tasks. So something is out of sync in my account somewhere.

Important note: As I mentioned in the P.S. above, I realize that ALL my Saved Searches, even those that don't rely on dates and merely have keywords, are doing the same thing: i.e., every single tasks shows up for each Saved Search, regardless of the Saved Search criteria.

I'll update Support Ticket #64669 with the information from this conversation just in case the two issues are related.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jan 17, 2017
Our beta testers have done a great job helping us find all the bugs in the new Tasks section over the past few months. We've fixed almost everything, and now we are ready to give everyone a preview.

We'll have a more detailed announcement later about what we changed, and why, but for now if you want a secret preview peek at the new Tasks section please go here:

https://tasks.toodledo.com
Purveyor

Posted: Jan 18, 2017
The new Tasks section is noticeably faster. Almost instant when changing within a View, e.g. in Folders.
And, in Saved Searches, the number of tasks is displayed for each Search.
:-)
Vicfrances

Posted: Jan 19, 2017
Congratulations guys,

That looks really cool! :) When is coming the new tasks view?

***I still miss a more minimalist amd simple view and more than that to have colors instead a priority (top, high, low etc) rank, faster to organize and less space occupied in the screen

Have a good day ;)

This message was edited Jan 19, 2017.
jmantak

nice! and faster, indeed!

The variation on the checkbox indicating repeating task is a nice touch. And I like the ability to adjust column width using column borders.

Well done!
FHE-IV

Very nice! I tried to view my saved searches, however, and none of them showed up so perhaps you are still working on that.

I did have a question tho: Is there a way, or will there be a way to individually select multiple items in addition to bulk edit?

In any case, thank you as always for the hard work that everyone does. Toodledo is my all-time favorite task manager.

BIG Thanks!
Adrien Beau

Posted: Jan 20, 2017
Saved searches all show up here. They work just fine (and much faster than before).
Salgud

Posted: Jan 20, 2017
Today, any distraction is a good thing! So we have the new TD. I need to caveat my comments by saying I didn't participate in the beta because I just don't do betas with mission critical apps, and TD is as mission critical to my work as it gets. So my comments are just that, and not intended as criticisms or suggestions for change.

First impression, a bit more busy that even the previous one, which is a common complaint about TD. Mostly on the left edge of each task with all the icons. Doesn't bother me, there is more information here and I'll be used to the look in a few days. The Add Task box to the right makes sense, no big deal.

If I have any complaint at all, it's that while my ALL list, which is totally unfiltered and used to take over 20 sec. to appear, now is there in a second or so, while my custom Hotlist, which used to be near instantaneous, now takes over 3 sec. to load! It is my most complex filter, so I'd expect it to be slower than others, but with all the claims about speed, it is disappointing. Not a deal-breaker by any means, but definitely not what I expected.

Overall, I like it just fine. Thank goodness it's not a major redesign as some had hoped, I don't want to have to relearn TD at this stage of my life. That stuff gets so much tougher as you age. A big thanks to Jake and the TD team for some excellent work!
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8      Next

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.