ForumsNewsRecent updates to Tasks section

Recent updates to Tasks section
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: May 24, 2018
Score: 0 Reference
All year, we've been rolling out small fixes and improvements to the Tasks section. Individually, none of them have been big enough to make an announcement about, so I thought I would just make an update here now to collect some of the recent things we've done, including a few today that you may notice. All of these improvements are for the new Tasks section ( https://tasks.toodledo.com )

+ There is now a "Sync" option in the toolbar menu so you can force it to sync whenever you want
+ There is now a "Waiting to Sync" list in the main view sidebar which will show the tasks that you have edited, but which have not yet synced to the database because you were offline, or not enough time has elapsed.
+ Fixed a bug that caused a note to temporarily hide if you edit it, make no changes and then stop editing.
+ Fixed a bug with displaying the due-time when your account settings are for 24 hour time formats.
+ Fixed a bug with attachments displaying correctly when a task is cloned.
+ Fixed a bug where clearing a due-date in some situations wasn't visually clearing it right away
+ Fixed a bug where it wasn't possible to add a new subtask and immediately set it to repeat with parent
+ Fixed a bug where the sharing icon wasn't displaying correctly all the time

We will continue with our new strategy of releasing small things as they are ready instead of waiting for big releases. I'll post updates like this in the future to collect all the small things so everyone can keep up with whats going on.
martingchapman

Posted: May 25, 2018
Thanks Jake
Appreciate the update, keep up the good work
GSP1963

Posted: May 31, 2018
Score: 1 Reference
Sounds great. Thanks for the continual improvements and fixes.
mike.zambetti

Posted: Jul 25, 2018
Score: 1 Reference
Feedback. My experience with the new Task presentation negative in a browser environment (FF, Chrome or Edge). When I edit the due date of an existing task, the delay for the website to accept the existing date is very noticeable. And the date choice pop-up covers the Save button, so it is a matter of waiting. Noticeable waiting that didn't exist before. It is a browser agnostic issue.

The new Tasks set-up format - I think the biggest "annoyance" is the need to hit save. And the date pop-up functionality tends to cover the save button and run like a turtle. Not sure what was changed behind the scenes, but that sluggishness is a negative.

My iOS app experience remains excellent.

I do appreciate the sync notices - though the sync in Toodledo has always been flawless for me.

8 year user - thank you!
Olivir2018

Posted: Jul 25, 2018
The due-date picker delay is really a strange one, as start-date picker accepts the changed date at once!

Posted by mike.zambetti:
Feedback. My experience with the new Task presentation negative in a browser environment (FF, Chrome or Edge). When I edit the due date of an existing task, the delay for the website to accept the existing date is very noticeable. And the date choice pop-up covers the Save button, so it is a matter of waiting. Noticeable waiting that didn't exist before. It is a browser agnostic issue.

The new Tasks set-up format - I think the biggest "annoyance" is the need to hit save. And the date pop-up functionality tends to cover the save button and run like a turtle. Not sure what was changed behind the scenes, but that sluggishness is a negative.

My iOS app experience remains excellent.

I do appreciate the sync notices - though the sync in Toodledo has always been flawless for me.

8 year user - thank you!

This message was edited Jul 25, 2018.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.