ForumsNewsCan we use your testimonial on the homepage?

Can we use your testimonial on the homepage?
Sam

Posted: Jul 29, 2018
Score: 10 Reference
Hey folks,

As mentioned, we're redesigning the landing page that new users will see when they land on toodledo.com.

So, we're looking for some testimonials!

Want to get involved?

If so you can reply to this thread or email me at [email protected].

In your response, please answer:

1. Why are you using Toodledo instead of other products?
2. What benefits have you found with Toodledo and how has it impacted your productivity?
3. What are your favorite features?
4. What's your typical Toodledo use case?

Also, please include:

1. Your first name
2. What industry (and company, if possible) you work for
3. Your job title
4. How long you've been a user

And if you can, please send me a photo!

Thanks all,

Sam
gkrger

Posted: Jul 30, 2018
Score: -11 Reference
was geht denn hier ab????
cjhill2010

Score: 9 Reference
I've been using Toodledo for several years, and I have tried lots of other products. They are all either too expensive, too limited in functionality, or they are just not as user friendly. I love how you can easily check items off the list and set the next date automatically, and it is very easy to update a whole set of dates at once. The columns, sorts and filters are all customizable, so I can get the exact view I want depending on what tasks I am looking at. This makes it easy to flip from the due date view with everything sorted by date/priority to the priority view to see all the top priority items sorted by due date and folder. I have folders set up for each floor of the house + miscellaneous to organize mainly the cleaning and home improvement tasks, and in the contexts view I have an item for each type of task - such as cleaning, finances, health, projects to hire for, shopping, etc. I also like to toggle the stars if I need a quick list of things to give a handyman or to make a honey-do list.
--Christine

This message was edited Jul 30, 2018.
klaus.walden

Score: 0 Reference
Posted by gkrger:
...das frag´ich mich auch. Zeit zum Wechseln ?!Todoist soll ganz gut sein aber teurer.

This message was edited Oct 30, 2018.
kscarlett

Score: 5 Reference
Hi! I'm Audra.

Toodledo is hands down the best To-Do application out there! I don't say that lightly; I've used a lot of them!

I am a busy mom of 2 little ones. I have a full time job as a program manager and a part time business as an online marketer. I manage my life around Toodledo!

Toodledo helps me keep track of all the tasks I need to generate leads and sales online. I work my business in small pockets of my day and I couldn't do it so easily without Toodledo! Marketing, lead generation, prospecting and follow up would be impossible during the day without Toodledo.

As a mom, managing my household at the same time can be hectic! I use Toodledo to remind me of EVERYTHING and to keep track of the work I've already done.

Toodledo is super customizable. The repeating tasks function and the TAGS are life savers! The fact you can add notes is HUGE. The fact you in import and export makes life super easy!

Honestly -- there are too many benefits to list, but suffice to say that no matter how you work, Toodledo will work for you!

I've been a user for a few years and I upgraded to the Gold subscription and it was a great decision!

Picture: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10155749602854706&set=a.431548879705.206567.583644705&type=3 &theater

This message was edited Jul 30, 2018.
Stefan_Rick

Posted: Jul 31, 2018
Hi!

I can only agree to what Audra and Christine wrote.

My job is marketing director for a Germany based tech company in the international building industry. I use Toodledo to organize the tasks and projects I have delegated and need to keep track on, but also to store notes, articles, quotes and other things I need or want to remember.

I've been using Toodledo for over ten years now, in business and private life. There is nothing out there as good, not even close.

Key advantages are:
- works flawlessly on all systems (iOS, Android, macOS, Linux, you name it)
- works reliably offline and syncronizes when you're online again
- is customizable like nothing else (without becoming bloated and confusing)
- is fully functional and usable already as a free version
- works with simple text files (xml, txt, csv im- and export). That means you can always have a backup copy you can edit with other apps (plus it is a tiny file and instantly available)

I could go on with collaboration, html formatting and others. The above points, however, you really don't find anywhere else. I know what I am talking about, I have tried everything (and still do, but always keep coming back to Toodledo).

In case you would like to hear requests:
1. Make the interface nicer (less color, better fonts and formatting) for improved readability, e. g. in longer notes. This is more important for the mobile apps than for the website.
2. Give the Silver subscription unlimited lists.
3. Don't bother creating native desktop apps. The browser page works absolutely fine.
4. There is a bug that hides tasks when you print the task list from Firefox on macOS. Please fix that one.

You’re welcome to use my review (or parts of it) as a testimonial.

Cheers from Germany

Stefan
alex1971w

Score: 6 Reference
I am also using Toodledo for a long time now.
In the meantime I often tried other solutions, apps, websites, but I always returned to ToodleDo.

Mainly because of
- offline ability on my smartphone (most apps do not have this!)
- good 3rd party apps (I am using DGT GTD on my Android smartphone)
- possibility to set recurring events from either planned end date or date of completion (most of the apps do not have this)
- tasks can be exported
- very good overview of ALL my tasks (and not such list based-only views like in eg. Wunderlist)
- good hotlist functionality

Ok, the interface optic could be more fancy and up to date. But hey, the functionality is, what counts (at least for me)!
Hopefully ToodleDo will continue and not die for whatever reason!!
Aerin P.

Toodledo is the only to-do app out there that has every feature I'm looking for. I love the email reminders, the quick tagging, the different views & more. I've tried a LOT of to-do apps, and this is the only one I've ever stuck with!
lrando

Score: 1 Reference
Posted by klaus.walden:
Posted by gkrger:
...das frag´ich mich auch. Zeit zum Wechseln ?!Todoist soll ganz gut sein aber teurer.

you might be too hasty to change right now. I tried to replace toodledo with todoist but came back to toodledo.
michele.senay

For me, it was the ability to export. Every year, I need to do a performance review at my job and I realized my boss remembers everything I've done more than I do myself. So now, every year, I export the list of completed tasks and start from there. Very useful! Then I learned to value many other features. I agree the ability to add notes is very useful. That alone keeps me using Toodledo, otherwise, I could manage my lists using something like Evernote. I also like the fact that you can set up recurring tasks and categorize them. I have folders for work stuff, home stuff, kid stuff and personal stuff (somehow, this one is always very short...!). I can filter according to the category and the importance, which helps me prioritize my day.

As for improvements, I agree a simpler interface would be nice. There's a lot of clutter on the home screen. I'd like to be able to choose fonts and colors, perhaps even for different categories. Otherwise, can't think of anything else right now!

Thanks and keep up the good work!

Michèle
Keith Tesler

Toodledo is the center of my personal organization. I have been using it daily for over a decade. My job involves many small tasks every day. My to do list is always longer than I can do, so I need to keep organizing and prioritizing. Toodledo makes this easy and fast. I often have to follow up or check on items in a few days. So I love the ability to push tasks into the future so I do not have to see them until I need to look a them again. I have never seen that done well anywhere else. I use the categories to associate tasks with people so when I see someone I can easily access what I have open with them. I don't know how I would live without it.

Keith Tessler
Principal & COO
American Wedding Group
lrando

I'm Lee, a network engineer, been using for eight or more years.
The thing I like best about it is that the api lets other phone apps work with it.
Until recently there was no good phone app for toodledo so I tried to find one to replace toodledo with. None were as powerful, so I stuck with toodledo and a third party phone app. Now I have two paid subscriptions, one for my to-list and one for my shopping list. I tried to put them together but it was too complicated to organize them the way I wanted. I use another phone app for my grocery list and sync it to toodledo.
I think the web user interface is clunky, and the new interface is a step in the right direction, but its still clunky.
Phwayne

In your response, please answer:

- Consolidates all my tasks in one place, easy to use on all platforms (desktop, tablet, phone)

2. What benefits have you found with Toodledo and how has it impacted your productivity?
- Helps to prioritize my daily activity

-- Task Section - ability to set priories and the notes section for each task

Also, please include:

1. Your first name
2. What industry (and company, if possible) you work for
3. Your job title
4. How long you've been a user

Peter
President Wayne Enterprises, LLC
User 5+ Years

And if you can, please send me a photo!
boydston01

Many todo apps claim to let you work your way. Toodledo actually does it! I've tried lots of todo apps and Toodledo is tops for letting me customize my lists so that I can work with my tasks my way. And if I ever develop a different workflow, I know I'll be able to customize Toodledo to support it.

Aaron
Private secondary boarding schools
Assoc Director of Alumni Relations
Jimraz

Score: 2 Reference
I found Toodledoo via Michael Linedberger and "Total Workday Control" 5 years ago and have been impressed on how it follows his workflow and simplified my life. I highly recommend it.
boehm.uwe

Posted: Aug 01, 2018
Posted by klaus.walden:
Posted by gkrger:
Die Gesellschafterstruktur hat sich verändert, deshalb gibt es diese Umfrage. Siehe auch hier: https://www.toodledo.com/forums/1/25975/-115827/read.html#jump
jwoods

a. I have used several solutions over time but none of them have been able to carry out my complete mission, Toodledo is the closest I have come to success. Having the ability to integrate with Outlook, while having access from anywhere on my mobile platforms to everything that I need to do and having the ability to manage both my personal and professional life in one place and ONLY synchronize the professional with my work email is massive for me.
a. I do not lose things that I need to do. Essentially, it implements GTD for me and gets the lists out of my head and into a trusted system. My productivity has greatly increased because I no longer lose tasks to the hidden empty spaces between the synapses in my brain.
a. Hotlist, hands down. An automatically curated todo list of my top priorities. I use it daily and constantly
a. Generally, it is task tracking with a large3r portion of the tasks being email-related follow-ups. I create tasks in Outlook automatically as I write emails using ClearCase and synchronize those up to Toodledo using gsyncit.

5. Your first name
a. John
6. What industry (and company, if possible) you work for
a. Retail Pharmacy Software Development
7. Your job title
a. Vice President, Information Security
8. How long you've been a user
a. Ten years
Biggity007

I actually wrote an Inc. Magazine article touting ToodleDo's super powers. Feel free to use (or follow up with me) as you like.

https://www.inc.com/mike-bechtel/looking-for-a-life-hack-try-time-travel.html
am.olsson15

Posted: Aug 03, 2018
Score: 2 Reference
I have to be honest. I almost left Toodledo last weekend. I spent a good many hours checking out other task management/project lite web based programs. I looked into Asana, Todoist, Trello, Things3, OmniFocus (yes, I realize that not all of them are web based, but I was trying to see what else was out there). I was all set to move over to Todoist and as I was typing my tasks in I realized that Todist did not have the robust features that I was use to with Toodledo. I realized that issue was not with Toodledo, it was more that I needed to create a new workflow - planning system to get me more focused.

So....here is what I was looking for:

* A calendar view where I could see colorful bars that show the lengths of projects from first task to last task or start date to end date.
* Ability to have section headers in my projects
* The ability to manually re-order my tasks in a project.

After much research - I realized there are ways that I CAN get the features above in Toodledo.
* There is a calendar view - with the new layout - where I can select which days I want to view the scheduled tasks.
* I have my projects in folders - I've learned that I can create "sections" with a task and then list the project tasks as sub-tasks.
* With my project tasks as sub-tasks - I am able to reorder them in the folder view.

So.....why did I run back to Toodledo so quickly??

The flexibility of the filters!!!!!! I can look at what I want when I want. I can look at everything due today - I can view it by folder, context - filter the context . I have three levels of filters!!! I can look at today - by folder - by priority - by star.
The filters are what really kept me with Toodledo - I guess and the number of levels I can use to describe my tasks (I think I may use all of them).

What originally brought me to Toodledo was the web access. I work on PC at the office and I needed the ability to have web access.
The level of features that I can assign to each task - context (@office @home), Tags (#boss #projectX), Priority (Top level, high level) Status (Active, Waiting, delegated) Due date - due time - reminders!!! An incredible level of descriptors that are just not available with other apps. Oh - the notes section on each task! This is how I track the status of my tasks.

3. What are your favorite features? All of the above.

Two levels - At home - I use Toodledo to remind me of future due dates as well as what I need to do the coming day, weekend, week.
I also use it to remind me of movies I want to see, books I want to read, etc.

At the office - I use it to track all of my tasks and projects - keep track of the status, notes for each task, what I'm waiting for and from whom.

Also, please include:

1. Anne-Margaret
2. Association
3. Online Communities Manager
4. At least five years - maybe more.

I would just like to say that I use the web version and the IPhone app everyday. I love the IPhone app - never had an issue with the app.

This message was edited Aug 03, 2018.
Aukje

Posted: Aug 03, 2018
I have a not congenital brain disorder and was searching for a program to help me by my daily life and tried different products but they didn´t work for me.
The affordability of the program.Have everything in one program
I tried the free program and decided to subscribe to silver. But I think I go to the gold subscription because the possibility of the attachments for the task.

The different ways you can use it and the flexibility to use it your own way. The fact you can use it also on your phone.
The many possibilities for tasks such as the repetitions of the tasks. The possibility to make lists, to make notes and outlines. The possibility to print it all.
The easy way to adjust it all. The many ways to search and save searches etc. etc. too many to mention all
After 4 years I cannot without the program. I have less procrastination, less stress, more patience. more energy and more insight into my work and because of this program. This program help me set the right priorities

I use a lot of features but for me the saved searches are favorite

Also, please include:

1. Aukje
2. Administrator and director of a small owners Association /Informal caregiver /volunteer work
4. 4 years
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2   3      Next

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.