ForumsNewsCan we use your testimonial on the homepage?

Can we use your testimonial on the homepage?
volker-meier

Posted: Aug 04, 2018
Score: 0 Reference
1. Why are you using Toodledo instead of other products?

Work methodology is very personal. Toodledo allows me to adapt the tool to my preferences.

2. What benefits have you found with Toodledo and how has it impacted your productivity?

Most task managers are way to simple if it comes to more than just handling a couple of reminders. Toodledo has for me the right mix of simplicity and richness of features.

3. What are your favorite features?

Folders, stars, repetition from close date, habits.

4. What's your typical Toodledo use case?

Go through my list of tasks each morning (with dedicated filters) and star those, which I'm going to work on during the day.

Also, please include:

1. Your first name: Volker
2. What industry (and company, if possible) you work for: Fintech
3. Your job title: Head Corporate IT
4. How long you've been a user: a couple of years
Philippe L

Posted: Aug 04, 2018
Score: 1 Reference
Hi Sam,

I have been using Toodledo for 4 years with the Gold subscription and I am very satisfied:

I can testify that Toodledo is simple, powerful and reliable (always available on the web and on my iPhone and I have never seen a bug).

I am the Export Technical Manager of a software company in France with 60 distributors in Europe, Africa, Middle-East, Canada and Polynesia.

I am in charge of presales support, software translation (18 languages), qualification of the international functional requirements, technical communication and documentation database administration on the web.

I use Toodledo from the web browser of my PC at work, from my personal PC at home, and on my personal iphone (iPhone 4S last year, and iPhone 8 Plus this year).
Most of the time, I use Toodledo on my iPhone.
i have just bought the new iPad 9.7'' and installed Toodledo: nice :-).

I have 1600 tasks in Toodledo: 900 professional tasks, 400 private tasks (Tag=perso), 300 reference tasks (nothing to do, but interesting for the future).

Because Toodledo can do exactly what I need.
4 years ago, I evaluated more than 10 To-Do List Apps: Toodledo was the best app for my requirements.
Last month I evaluated the last releases Omnifocus 3.0, Things 3.6 and Todoist 11.7 on my iPhone: Toodledo is still the only software which perfectly matches my requirements, with a simple and powerful interface.

2. What benefits have you found with Toodledo and how has it impacted your productivity?
I never forget a task and I know exactly what my clients asked me and the progress of each of their requests.
I am often overworked but I can manage my priorities and I am never under the water.
I can also see the evolution of my number of tasks and the total estimated lengths (durations), which is very useful to see when I need resources to help me.

I use the "Location" field but I do not use it for geographic locations :
I enter the names of my distributors in this field and I can follow-up the tasks requested by each of my distributors (I have less than 100 distributors, which is the maximum of locations in Toodledo).
When I assign a task to somebody or when I am waiting for an answer, I enter the person’s name in the Context field (with Status = Waiting or Status = Delegated)

I use the following fields for the tasks:
- Star (Work today or very important)
- Priority (Top = work this week, High = this month, Medium = this quarter, Low = this year, Negative = reference or more than one year)
- Status (Next Action, Active, Planning, Delegated, Waiting, One day, Reference)
- Due date
- Due time
- Start date
- Start time
- Goal (LIFELONG GOALS = my private life, LONG-TERM GOALS = long-term professional goals, SHORT-TERM GOALS = short term professional goals)
- Folder (my domains of professional and private responsibilities or interest)
- Context (@Office, @ProPC_Presales, @ProPC_Translations, …, @Home, @HomePC_Family, … , @Errands, ...)
- Location (a few real locations and my clients' names)
- Alarm
- Length
- Tag

I like the “Length” field (= estimated duration) on each task:

When I can see that “Total estimated Lengths” = 20 hours tomorrow, or 80 hours in the Next 7 days, I immediately know that I must postpone some tasks.

All my emails are received in Outlook and, when I can see a task in an email which cannot be processed immediately, I forward the email to Toodledo (I change the subject of the email to get a clear task in the subject, and the email body is the note of the task in Toodledo).
If I can see several tasks in an email, I send several emails to Toodledo (one per task with the task name in the subject).

All the tasks of my professional and private life are followed-up with Toodledo.

Best wishes,

Philippe

This message was edited Aug 04, 2018.
geoscat

Posted: Aug 05, 2018
I loved Biggity007's article touting "ToodleDo's super powers".

Had not thought to use the Start Date functionality but was using recurring tasks and setting things a week (or whatever) early to give me the time I needed to act on them.

Why I am using Toodledo instead of other products is that I love the iPhone app, love the combination of Folders, Context, tags and location for sorting and think it is great value for money! Add in the Notes, Outlines, Lists and Goals and I have a life management system in my pocket that I can access from my work computer - or any computer if I don't want to hit my phone battery!

Have looked at others, none measure up.
Cannot recall how many years I have been a Toodledo user now, but what I do know is that one of the signs I am getting overwhelmed is that I am NOT using Toodledo! Whenever that happens, it is time to stop, take stock and get things back on track - and Toodledo helps me to do that.

This message was edited Aug 05, 2018.
MICHAEL_MORROW

Posted: Aug 06, 2018
I can't imagine a day without Toodledo. I love the flexibility it offers me- I can use it a simple place to jot reminders or as a project manager for my most complex projects. The ability to easily filter by context enables me to easily compartmentalize my tasks and focus on what has to be done at any given time and place (Ex. I walk into the hardware store and pull up Hardware.) I also have a lot of fun with the statistics page to evaluate if I am using my time wisely, how I am doing at clearing old tasks, what do I need to streamline or delegate, etc. I've never seen a similar feature on other platforms.

In addition to the task manager I love the ability to keep notes, lists, outlines and habits all in one place. I am an app junkie and have tried virtually all the similar products but for as long as I can remember I keep coming back to this one as it is the one that makes me most productive.

Name: Mike
Industry: chemical
Title: Independent Director
User: At least 7 years?
MiamiHal

Hal "MiamiHal" Feldman
RE/MAX Real Estate
Realtor®
Toodledo user for about 9 years

I use Toodledo because of the front-end elegance. By entering simple information, you drive significant back-end intelligence. There's nothing better than simple UI and powerful results.

Toodledo has helped my type-A personality become a type-A+ when it comes to organizing and keeping my business on track. Many Realtors® hire assistant to do what I do in software. My productivity is miles ahead of even my stiffest competition because I leverage Toodledo.

The fact that Toodledo will automatically rank what tasks are most important to do is the best feature. It intelligently looks at the amount an activity a particular task has seen and will push you to finish it by having it at the top of the list.

I use Toodledo to do one thing, manage a real estate transaction from start to finish. From the day I get a client engaged with a transaction to the day it closes, Toodledo organizes each step.

You can grab a photo from http://www.miamihal.com or PM me for more.
ralphmagin

working great with gsyncit
jreveEA

I have been using Toodledo for a number of years. It is the best Task management product I have used on the internet and on my IOS devices. I am embarassed to say I have bought and used almost every task management App the Apple store offers and some Android versions and even Blackberry products. Toodledo works and will help anyone keep track of hundreds of tasks and projects.

Favorite features are:
Able to put in all the tasks with multi task entry and not have to do one task at a time.
The notes field is very helpful
I like being able to see the entire description of the task
Seamless syncing of all my devices - computers, iPad, IPhone (newest devices)
Readability
Hotlist and being able to Star items
How easy it is to use folders and tag the items
Contexts are great
Sorting is a breeze from many different perspectives

I highly recommend Toodledo!

My name is John
I am a Vice President of Human Resources
My industries have been High-Tech and Healthcare.
I have been a user for 10 years I think.
Sridevi Raman

Posted: Aug 07, 2018
Score: 2 Reference
Why do I use toodledo?

I have tried many many other tools before zero-in on toodledo.
Its simply gets the job done.
I plan day(s) earlier.
So when I wake up every morning, I know exactly what I have to get done on any given day.

Features I like - which no other single tool has:

> repeatable tasks - repeatable by so many criteria - i am amazed. no other tool has this kind of flexibility
> available on android
> syncs accurately between devices - such a huge boon. So many other tools have sync issues.
> custom selection of columns and column length in a view - so super useful. no other tool has this feature.
> facility to input and sort by multiple criteria - location, goals, name priority.
> fields - all fields are useful and well thought out.
> batch editing - so very useful. again a unique feature of this tool
> overall toodledo keeps it simple though its feature rich.

Features I want to see in the future:

> manual sorting of tasks - maybe within a day.
> a postpone feature on the drop down of a task - which can postpone the task to a later time during the day.
> Two fields: time+date field and a duration field: to be added to outlines which will help outlines also behave like tasks.
So a large project with many sub tasks can be written as an outline,
dates set to sub tasks, duration set to subtasks in the outline without interfering with routine tasks.
Humans have routine tasks (buy eggs) and those that form a sub-task in a large project (do UI design of X screen and such)
So adding these fields to outlines will help a lot.
> A unified dashboard which will let me see tasks, habits, outlines - due for the day, for a week, for a month, overall.
> attachment feature in outlines which will help attach images and documents to outline subtasks.

This message was edited Aug 07, 2018.
frindley

I use Toodledo exclusively for work. (I choose to use other solutions for my personal life as it helps me keep home and work quite separate.) I'm a writer/editor responsible for at least one, sometimes two, 32-page books each week and, as you can imagine, the editorial and production schedules overlap. Through folders, tasks and subtasks, Toodledo allows me to keep track of each publication with ease and prevents things falling through the cracks.

In particular, I love that I can assign an estimated duration to each task and that Toodledo will provide a total at the bottom of the list: this allows me to know exactly how much work I've scheduled and to adjust if I've been too optimistic about what I can achieve in any given day (or week)! This particular feature was an instant winner when I first tried Toodledo. And while some might say that the "optics" aren't very pretty, I actually appreciate that Toodledo is compact and functional and allows a lot of information to be viewed and assessed. There are prettier apps, sure, but they don't necessarily give you a good overview of your tasks or let you sort or manage them with flexibility and ease.

One feature that I enjoy very much although I don't implement it that often, is the Scheduler Tool. It's kind of fun as well as useful to tell it that I have, say, 2 hours in the office and see what it proposes I work on :)

Disclaimer: I'm still using the old/classic interface. I gave the new interface a decent trial, but I found it frustrating to use, especially when it comes to date selection in the calendar view, so I've switched back.

Yvonne
Performing arts
Publications Editor
Toodledo user since 2010
ali

I have used Toodledo for a long time also. I left and came back.

Toodledo gives the ability to control all the fields and has maintained the simple layout for a long time. May not be the sexiest, but very functional.

I would like to see three things:
1) Ability to create my own "views". For example, the "hotlist" of items, I would like to create one based on tags/folders, etc.
2) It would be great if each view maintains it's own sort order. For example, I would like to see the Hotlist by category but the folder tasks by date. Now, each time I switch I have to re-org the view.
3) I would like to see 1 + 2 on the phone app and what get's displayed on the widget.

This message was edited Aug 07, 2018.
Olivir2018

Ad 2) - you can enable saving sort order per view in settings - Tasks/Behavior Preferences. Does that not work for you?

Posted by ali:
I have used Toodledo for a long time also. I left and came back.

Toodledo gives the ability to control all the fields and has maintained the simple layout for a long time. May not be the sexiest, but very functional.

I would like to see three things:
1) Ability to create my own "views". For example, the "hotlist" of items, I would like to create one based on tags/folders, etc.
2) It would be great if each view maintains it's own sort order. For example, I would like to see the Hotlist by category but the folder tasks by date. Now, each time I switch I have to re-org the view.
3) I would like to see 1 + 2 on the phone app and what get's displayed on the widget.
Mellissa Harmon

Posted: Aug 08, 2018
Do not screw with Toodledo - I have used it for 8 years now - nothing else compares. No issues ever, not mess a good thing up
Doug_1533737388

Posted: Aug 08, 2018
10 Stars

I have been using Toodledo for many years not sure how long.

I use it because syncing calendars and sorting out work and personal To Do's was not easy. I want it all in one place and I want to use it on my phone in a readable format. This is the best product I have found to do the job. I don't need to keep looking around, it works for me.

Doug

IT Consultant, Software Engineer (old timer programmer)

Senior Consultant, for Zackly Software, www.zackly.biz

This message was edited Aug 08, 2018.
dulcie13

Posted: Aug 09, 2018
In your response, please answer:

When I was looking for a To Do app/website I tried quite a few but Toodledo just worked for me. I think it's the number of fields that can be added in to the task list. Lots of options and the ability to hide the ones that I don't use is great. It keeps my tasks page neat and tidy.

I have tried using Notes, lists and Habits sections but they haven't really worked for me.

The Tasks section is how I order all my work and life tasks. I put everything in Toodledo and then I can forget about it. It's the first page I open every morning. I think it has made my brain more tidy as I know everything is in Toodledo.

I like the notes section for each task and the ability to have attachments. I like the number of field options and the ability to use or hide them. The different ways to order tasks is helpful. I like the fact I can have it on all my devices.

I use it for work to keep track of everything I need to do for each contract I'm working on. I then use it as a general to-do list for home. I also put in future tasks up to a year in advance as reminders.

Also, please include:

1. Your first name
Dulcie
2. What industry (and company, if possible) you work for
Public Health Consultancy

3. Your job title
Director
4. How long you've been a user
5 years
bharathi

Posted: Aug 09, 2018
I tried Google Keep, Wunderlist, Trello and few other to-do organizers. Finally, I came back to Toodledo. The reason I like toodledo is that it offers a lot of customizing options for free with a very simple layout. It is available on mobile and desktop platforms. The tasks could be synced with my google calendar. I get location-based alerts.
I dump the list of things to do in my mind on to toodledo and it helps me sort through the clutter every day.
Repetitive tasks
Organizing by context, tags
Location-based alerts

I keep separate notes for Work and Personal life.
I enter whatever I have in my mind on to Toodledo, and prioritize it every day.

Also, please include:

1. Bharathi Selvaraj
2. Oil & Gas
3. Senior Software Engineer
4. I believe more than 5 years

This message was edited Aug 09, 2018.
kathbelyea

Posted: Aug 10, 2018
first name: Katherine
industry: Theatre and Opera
job title: Freelance Stage Manager
been a user: 5+ years

It works better for me than anything else, and no one matches Toodledo's cross-platform access, syncing and offline options. I've tried many other systems--Google Tasks, Wunderlist, OmniFocus, Trello, Todoist, Remember the Milk, Any.Do, Workflowy, Habitica, todo.txt, org-mode, MyLifeOrganized, Astrid, Taskwarrior, ThinkingRock, paper planners--but always came back to Toodledo because of its customization, extensive feature set and reasonable pricing.

I keep all my tasks in one place and can access them from anywhere. It gives me peace of mind that I won't lose track of anything. Being able to choose which functions I find useful and keep the others out of sight reduces mental and visual clutter.

I use Tasks as my main to-do system. My favourite features are folders, tags and saved searches. I also like flexible repetition criteria, ability to add or remove functions, sorting and filtering, and batch editing. I ignore the features and functions I don't find useful but am glad I could add them back if I wished.

I use Ultimate To-Do List on my Android and BlackBerry phones, 2Do on my MacBook Pro, TaskUnifier on my Linux laptop in situations without network access, and the website everywhere else. I use folders, tags and due dates to organize my tasks and prioritize today's tasks with stars. In addition to folders for long-term goals and areas of my personal life, I make a folder for each show I work on and use tags to sort or search tasks by location/equipment and department/people. I use tasks with attached notes for delivering "notes" (theatre parlance for information like corrections or safety concerns) during rehearsals and performances, and checking off that they've been given.

How do we send you a photo?

This message was edited Aug 10, 2018.
daniel

Posted: Aug 12, 2018
Score: 1 Reference
1. It is very fast esp. Android Ap and easy to use
2. Able to track various tasks against tags, created dates, etc
3. Send to email task add or task create via share on the app + multitask add?
4. Really as a daily todo?

Also, please include:

1. Daniel Westerdale
2. IT , myself
3. IT Conultant
4. over 2 years on and off

New features I would like to see - prettier interface + modern kanban views. More summaries of tasks added. ability to add checklist to tasks

This message was edited Aug 12, 2018.
Jonathan_26

Posted: Aug 13, 2018
Hi Sam,

In your response, please answer:

This is the only tool I'm willing to spend the time and effort to update. Because it's easy to add, update, categorize, and filter tasks. Very customizable. I like that I'm not tied to hours of the day like a day planner but can still assign due dates and times if needed.

I can remember everything I need to do and when I need to do it-- even if I don't do it. Yes, Toodledo even helps me manage my procrastination.

Being able to use Context and other filters to completely separate my work, personal, side business, and birthdays.

Helps me remember and track tasks at work. Projects at home. And birthdays. It's the second thing I check (after emails) when I get to work and the last thing I check and update before I leave work.

Also, please include:

1. Your first name

Jonathan

2. What industry (and company, if possible) you work for

Airline Industry

3. Your job title

Systems Engineer

4. How long you've been a user

Paid user since 2010
tmcsweeney

Posted: Aug 13, 2018
Have used Toodledo for many years, This App runs my whole life, As a consultat working with different clients along with running an Asssessment Business, I have many and varied task that need to be collected and actioned. Combine this with family life and the tasks that come from just doing life! this App does it all. My wife also uses Toodled and with the Gold subscritpion we can share tasks, wrtie notes , schedule tasks and be on the same page. I loosley follow the principles of GTD , which this app accomadates very well...

Todd

This message was edited Aug 13, 2018.
josef_1335122153

Posted: Aug 14, 2018
Hello, on my end, the Landing Page shows "lits" instead of "Lists"

:-)
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2   3      Next

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.