Posted: Aug 10, 2020
Score: 0 Reference
Posted by Anant G.:
Posted by olivier.streichenberger:
Posted by olivier.streichenberger:
Hi Anant,
It came back with a new calendar, and it's now working with Outlook again. Thks

Hi Anant,
It isn't updating as it used to do. Hence could you please restore this functionality. The fact that you don't reply to any post and that nothing is happening is very disturbing for a long time user like me. I don't want to change my system for task but I am puzzled....! When is the Android new interface scheduled ?
Olivier

Can you reach out to me at [email protected] and I will look into this. Android new interface is scheduled by end of May.

Three months later, silence
sf_1304002289

Posted: Aug 13, 2020
Score: 2 Reference
Posted by lraiello:
FYI - As a 10+ year user, I became very frustrated with this new release and converted to RTM 8 days ago and have not looked back. Transition was seamless since RTM read the Toodledo files (per Help page). It even sends me a daily list of tasks vs having to go to Toodledo every day. Sorry folks, time to abandon ship.

After many years of Gold subscription with occasional use (still worth paying as I do not believe in free lunch),
I jumped ship as there is less than a month before my subscription expires and it does not seem that Toodledo transition will come to the stable end phase. Paying more than double than I paid before does not make sense, especially when competition asks less.

RTM slurped my Toodledo export and they got my money from now on ...

Still, good luck to Toodledo, I do not mind being proven wrong.

This message was edited Aug 13, 2020.
Larry3

Posted: Aug 13, 2020
I'm curious. Why RTM vs Todoist?
Ummagumma

Posted: Aug 14, 2020
Score: 1 Reference
IIRC, the biggest difference was that RTM supported start dates and Todoist didn't.
boydston01

Posted: Aug 14, 2020
Yeah, I've found RTM to be stellar. For me, the custom lists are even better than Toodledo.

Anyway, Toodledo served me so well for soooo many years, I'll keep an eye on it for a few years. If it ever recovers from this fatal wound AND if I have a reason to switch back, Toodledo will have my interest!
Larry3

Posted: Aug 15, 2020
Posted by boydston01:
Yeah, I've found RTM to be stellar. For me, the custom lists are even better than Toodledo.

What are custom lists? I tried RTM Pro for awhile and liked it pretty well except for some reason I decided Todoist was better for me. I still have Toodledo for some special tasks that I'm working on.
dgwinup

Posted: Aug 16, 2020
I've been using Toodledo since I moved from a blackberry to a smartphone years ago. Based on this discussion, I think I'll check out RTM. Last time I tried RTM was 2011 (according to a few test tasks I see when I log in there) so maybe it's improved. wish someone would just create a simple Palm to-do list that worked as fast and simply as that app did without any "material design" crap. now THAT i would pay for.
creinhard

Posted: Aug 16, 2020
Posted by dgwinup:
wish someone would just create a simple Palm to-do list that worked as fast and simply as that app did without any "material design" crap. now THAT i would pay for.

LOL! I used my Palm Pilot for a very long time for off-line tasks! Simple, no distractions!

This message was edited Aug 16, 2020.
Philippe L

Posted: Aug 19, 2020
Hi Anant,

I think that Toodledo is not the nicest software but it is simple, efficient and powerful.
To improve powerfulness on iOS I think that a full-text search would be interesting.
I am comparing Toodledo Plus to OmniFocus 3 Pro on my iPhone:
I can see that the OmniFocus search feature helps to find one or several tasks easily from a keyword which is not in the tags.

This message was edited Aug 19, 2020.
Philippe L

Posted: Aug 19, 2020
Thank you TheBrayingMule for your answer.

I just want to see the tasks of my iPhone calendar displayed in Toodledo (just displayed, nothing else: no import or export).

I have just seen that there is this feature in Omnifocus 3.

Posted by TheBrayingMule:
Hi Philippe, you can import automatically tasks you created with your IPhone in Toodledo. See settings -> reminders syncing
You also have choice to delete notes from iOs so that you only have one repository for all your tasks. In that way, Toodledo will be your repository.

Only one drawback : stock ios calendar does not manage Toodledo tasks (you can t display them or tick them when complete). But there is a way to show these tasks in your iOS calendar : go to your Toodledo account and generate a event feed. Then add this feed to your calendar. You will see your Toodledo tasks in your iOS calendar.

Posted by Philippe L:
Hi Anant,

I would like to see the tasks of my iPhone calendar in Toodledo (at least in the TODAY and TOMORROW views in the DATES tab).

That will help to avoid duplicated tasks created by me in my iPhone calendar and in Toodledo.

Best regards,

Philippe (from France)
Nailseauk

Posted: Aug 20, 2020
I've been with Toodledo for years, never found anything to match it, had a subscriptiopn etc.

But I've given up, the iPad app just doesn't work anymore and the iPhone app is problematic. So following a few comments I decided to try RTM in parallel. Now I've bought a subscription and I'm totally changing over.

Goodbye Toodledo, you were great for a long time.
Timchaas

Posted: Aug 20, 2020
Sorry Toodledo but i too am moving to RTM.
I've been a paying subscriber for a looooooong time.
You've just not keep this product up to date with attachments, integration with outlook and Alexa, etc
Laurence_1573215849

Posted: Aug 21, 2020
Posted by Nailseauk:
I've been with Toodledo for years, never found anything to match it, had a subscriptiopn etc.

But I've given up, the iPad app just doesn't work anymore and the iPhone app is problematic. So following a few comments I decided to try RTM in parallel. Now I've bought a subscription and I'm totally changing over.

Goodbye Toodledo, you were great for a long time.

So sad to see messages like these (totally get it, just sad)
jzamoras

I'm moving to ticktick as soon as my sub runs out, toodledo looks like abandonware to me.
BillH99999

I moved to TickTick a couple weeks back and it works great. Had used Toodledo for many years.
Philippe L

Posted: Aug 22, 2020
Hi Nailseauk and Laurence_1573215849,

I agree with you: RTM looks good software.

I have just tested it on my iPhone and personal PC and I can see that the Toodledo tasks can be automatically imported (the Toodledo contexts must be converted into tags in Toodledo before importing the tasks into RTM because there are no contexts in RTM).

Unfortunately there is no Saas mode from a web browser and I cannot use RTM on my professional PC:
The IT department of my company will not allow the installation of a Windows software which has not been validated by the IT department to be used by all employees (IT security policy).

I am satisfied with Toodledo Plus (very reliable and it matches my needs) and I will go on using it on my iPhone and iPad (and on my personal + professional PC using a web browser).

This message was edited Aug 22, 2020.
Philippe L

Posted by BillH99999:
I moved to TickTick a couple weeks back and it works great. Had used Toodledo for many years.

Hi BillH99999

I have just installed TickTick on my PC (Windows10) and here is what I get:

"Firewall alert: TickTick does not have a valid digital signature. The application that you are installing is not a checked application of the Microsoft Store.
Very few users. Less than 5 users of the Norton community have used TickTick.exe (Version 3.7.1)"

When I run TickTick, I can see Lists, Priorities and Tags but no Folders, Locations, Lengths (task estimated durations), Contexts, Start Date/Times, Due Date/Times.

Hard to believe TickTick is better than Toodledo!

Philippe L

Posted by svsmailus_2:
I must be the only guy happy with the app.

I appreciate it is not polished, but it is moving forward. I understand Toodledo went through a leadership crisis with the CEO leaving, which is a big thing and this reverted the app to 2017. However, on my mac, iphone and ipad it works. Yes there are visual glitches and it looks outdated, but it works. I've used omnifocus, Todoist, even the shiny Things 3 app everyone's been singing about, but nothing, absolutely nothing comes close to doing what Toodledo can. I can view my tasks from any number of angles. I have no doubt that app will continue to improve. Folks have said they should sell the app to someone else. This has been a disaster for a number of great apps I used to use such as Voodoopad and The Hit List. There is momentum here. The iOS app is being updated. Yes it would be nice to have more info on the forum, but if a decision needs to be made between development and fielding hundreds of negative comments, I'd prefer them to just keep on trucking with improving the app. It's better now than it was at the beginning of the year and it will be even better at the end of the year.

Hi svsmailus_2

i agree with you.

i have also tested Things 3, Omnifocus 3 and Todoist:

Toodledo is the best software to match my needs.

I have also seen visual glitches in Toodledo and I agree with you: it is a minor issue wich does not prevent Toodledo from working correctly.

wickendeng

Posted: Aug 23, 2020
I left Toodledo over a month ago and have invested so much time and effort in the process that even if the app gets sorted out, I shan’t be coming back. Switching to RTM was painless. Laboriously copying and pasting each of my notes over to Simplenote less so, but it’s mostly done. I miss being able to switch between to do lists and notes within the same app but that’s about all.

Toodledo was a good, fully functioning app that I relied on to help me run my life. The chaos and lack of communication of the past couple of months meant that I couldn’t risk continuing to use it. The events leading to the app’s downfall, while perhaps forming the subject matter for a good book, are irrelevant to my decision to move on and not look back.

This message was edited Aug 23, 2020.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12      Next

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.