ForumsNewsNested subtasks and other updates.

Nested subtasks and other updates.
Anders

Posted: Sep 08, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
The Outlook sync too is developed by a third party, Chromatic Dragon. Feature suggestions for Outlook sync mapping should be given to the tool's developer. Here is their website: http://www.chromadrake.com/ChromaticDragon/Default.aspx
The Third Party Applications forum would also be an appropriate place for such suggestions.
aduran

Posted: Sep 11, 2009
Please (x1M) ad an option to show a parent task in the Hotlist when a nested child is due. This is a fantastic way to manage mini-goals. Having to put a due date on a parent to get it in the Hotlist is a real pain.

I am a Toodledo evangelist by day and night.

Thanks Jake.

This message was edited Sep 11, 2009.
migpres

Posted: Sep 20, 2009
Score: 1 Reference
It would be nice if subtask indentation is shown in the iPhone Toodledo. Thanks
Seb F.

Posted: Sep 23, 2009
Hello ! First let me thank you for this great system.

I really enjoy toodledo as a GTD system.

Nevertheless, I have a question about nested-subtasks :
Wouldn't it be possible, when you directly create a subtask from the parent task, to "duplicate" contexts, objectives, tags, from the parent to the subtask ?
(not talking about due dates, nor about lengths)
It really annoys me to enter these informations that definetely are the same from the parent to the subtask

(Please excuse my english, which is not the best... As always, like all french people... ;-) )
Anders

Toodledo has said that they plan to make inheritance by subtasks of parent attributes an option in the future. It is not as simple as you may think though because of the many different ways people use subtasks. Some people would definitely not want to have Contexts or Tags inherited.
Seb F.

Posted by Anders:
Toodledo has said that they plan to make inheritance by subtasks of parent attributes an option in the future. It is not as simple as you may think though because of the many different ways people use subtasks. Some people would definitely not want to have Contexts or Tags inherited.

Thanks for the answer !
Never said it was easys though ;-)
I can understand that uses are different as people and needs are different !
Nevertheless, if a subtask has an inherited context, it is "the same" to change the context (since now, where nothing is inherited, you need to set a value)... You have an action to do in both cases.
Whereas, if you want some pieces of data to be inherited, you only need to change those which have to be changed.
(I do not know if I am "understandable" !)
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2   3  

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.