ForumsNewsSome UI refinements

Some UI refinements
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jul 17, 2008
Score: 0 Reference
We've made some small refinements to our user interface. The "Filters", "Sort", "Collaborators", and "QuickSearch" links now have little icons next to them that toggle open and closed to indicate if those toolbars are revealed or not.

Also, we have added a toolbar below the tabs to contain some functionality that had previously been scattered in different places or unavailable. This new toolbar has links to reveal the notes, print your to-do list, adjust the columns, add new fields and a new link that will expand or contract all the dividers at once.

These are small changes, but we think it will make our website easier to use.
Qrystal

I noticed the changes instantly, and wanted to come here to applaud you on them right away. VERY much more intuitive now!! It's amazing how little things make a big difference!

It's going to take some getting used to the Show Details (Show Notes, for grid-users) link being on the left instead of the right, though. Any particular reason for moving it?

And as a suggestion, since the links on the right side of the same toolbar have icons, could the Collapse/Expand Dividers link also have an icon? perhaps a little triangle similar to the Filters, Sort, etc. but pointing up for Collapse and down for Expand. The Show Details or Show Notes link could have the notes icon.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Thanks for the suggestions. The "Show Details/Notes" link was moved down to the lower toolbar because it did not cause a toolbar to expand like the other links (Filter, Sort, etc) do. Since it behaves differently, we realized it should be in a different place, to avoid confusion.

(Also, we had to add the new toolbar because we have plans to add more functionality in the future and there wasn't enough room in the old places)
Qrystal

I understand (and really like!) how the toggleable toolbar is distinguished from the nontoggleable links. I am amazed at how much more intuitive it is!

However, I find myself still mousing over to the right side of the screen to Show Details. Was there any particular reason why it couldn't be next to Customize and Print?

Of course, I'll surely get used to it the way it is, especially if (as you say) there is new functionality coming in the future that makes the grouping logical as it is.

Please don't take this as criticism of the decision, I am honestly just curious. Every change has a reason, after all, and I'm so excited about the changes you've been implementing, and those you will implement in the future!!
Jeremy

I like it...very nice update.

I was not aware that you could resize the column widths.
J-Mac

Posted: Jul 18, 2008
I like it also. The "Resize Columns" is the first thing I tried - love it!

Again, thank you very much!

Jim
MikeKDidIt

Posted: Jul 21, 2008
Thanks for these refinements. Definitely appreciated.
Mike
GS

Posted: Jul 28, 2008
Score: 1 Reference
Some UI suggestion:
When sidebar is closed, make a mouse click on "Toodledo" go to To-Do-List.
Allow multiple rows of tabs in all views so that some tabs are not hidden.
Make a task cloud in the sidebar.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jul 28, 2008
Thanks for the suggestion.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.