ForumsNewsTask emailing + Permalinks

Task emailing + Permalinks
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jan 08, 2010
Score: 3 Reference
Two additions today.

1) It is now possible to email a task to someone from the website. Hover your mouse over the checkbox for any task and select the "Email task..." link. This will open a pre-formatted email in your preferred email program.

2) Adjacent to this you'll see the new "Permanent Link" link. This is a way to get a URL that links directly to a specific task. From now on, email reminders sent from the website will contain this permanent link so that you can quickly get to the task from an email.

Enjoy!
Andrew

Posted: Jan 08, 2010
Score: 0 Reference
Well, this is......nice...
sventhebrit

Posted: Jan 09, 2010
Great add this is extremely useful - I used this feature from the iphone app regularly and really missed it on the website.

My mail comes through to the iphone too, so I was wondering if there any chance of enhancing to include a link which will fire up Toodledo on the iPhone when you click on it.

Maybe it could be linked to notifications, if you have enabled then for the iphone then you also get a link on email that works with the toodledo app (otherwise it could be annoying for those without an iphone).

Thanks
Steve
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Thanks for the suggestion.
Vin Thomas

Useful. Thanks!
Brian_Mercer

Posted: Jan 11, 2010
Nice, but I'm not altogether certain what "Permanent Link" actually does. It would be nice of "Clone Task" was at the top of the list rather than at the bottom.
Linden

Posted: Jan 11, 2010
Permanent link gives you a URL to link directly to the task.

So, if you want to send yourself an e-mail about a task, you can link directly to it, rather than linking the main site and then having to search for it.

You could also bookmark the task's permanent link, if you want quick access. This could be useful for big projects that you want to reference frequently, to help you focus on just that one task without facing distractions from the other things on your list.
saskia.x

Posted: Jan 12, 2010
Ooh, I like the permalink option. I can see this being helpful for all sorts of things. I'll probably even include links to tasks within the notes of other tasks for things that are somehow connected to each other, which will mean I can represent the complexity & interdependency of tasks more accurately (& usefully).
Linden

@saskia.x: What an awesome idea! That's a fantastic workaround to inderdependency while Toodledo works on building the feature.
Vin Thomas

With the addition of permalinks, it would be nice to have the emailed hotlist contain a link to each task. Like this:

Update Membership Prices
Low Priority
Due: Today
http://www.toodledo.com/views/search.php?x=158149;id=560599336
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Score: 1 Reference
Yes, we plan to do that too.
Osaga

Great feature! thank you!
davidf

Wow, thanks, the permalinks response was quick (though I imagine it had been under consideration for a while?)
Proximo

Posted: Jan 13, 2010
Nice.... Thanks for the added functionality. Kicking off 2010 with some new enhancements.

This message was edited Jan 13, 2010.
JPA_2

Posted: Mar 05, 2010
Posted by Toodledo:
Two additions today.

1) It is now possible to email a task to someone from the website. Hover your mouse over the checkbox for any task and select the "Email task..." link. This will open a pre-formatted email in your preferred email program.

2) Adjacent to this you'll see the new "Permanent Link" link. This is a way to get a URL that links directly to a specific task. From now on, email reminders sent from the website will contain this permanent link so that you can quickly get to the task from an email.

Enjoy!
JPA_2

Posted: Mar 05, 2010
Posted by peterahl:
Posted by Toodledo:
Two additions today.

Dear Toodledo:

The emailing of tasks is great but why doesn't the automatically generated email include the notes field?

Many Thanks

Enjoy!
darenlam

Posted: Mar 10, 2010
awsome thanks! the email task does not email what is in the notes section. will this be added? it will be super helpful
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Mar 10, 2010
For technical reasons, it isn't possible using this method of emailing a task because communication to your email program has a limited amount of data that can be transmitted. In the future, we would like for the emailing to remain on-site and then we will be able to email notes.
Salgud

Posted: Jul 30, 2010
I've tried to follow these instructions, but I can't get "Permanent Link" to do anything. I can't find the permanent link it's supposed to create. I looked in the task note field, but it's not there. Where is this "Permanent Link"?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jul 30, 2010
The "Permanent Link" link is the permanent link :)

You can right click on the link and select the "copy link" command from the context menu.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2      Next

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.