ForumsNewsNew Tag Picker

New Tag Picker
bruno.jusseaume

Posted: Mar 09, 2010
Score: 0 Reference
Hi,
Can someone tell me how this works?
I have a number of tags defined (when I use the Tag tab, I see my tasks listed by tags), but when I want to add a task and I enter the field "Tag", a message "loadind tags" briefly appears and nothing else happens.

A message to Toodledo: When you add a new feature, can you please add it to the help section at the same time?

Thanks.
PeterW 

After you see the message "Loading tags...", your tags should appear in the dialog box so you can select an existing one if you wish.

If you are not seeing this, and you already have some tags defined, then I guess there could be an issue with your browser. Perhaps flush your cache and see if that works, or try another browser just to check.
bruno.jusseaume

Hello Peter,
I installed Chrome and tried again. Some problem; I don't see my tags.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Does it just stay on "Loading tags..." forever?
bruno.jusseaume

No, the message appears briefly (less than one second) and then disappears.
The same problem happens with Firefox 3.6, Internet Explorer 6.0 and with Chrome.

When I click on View by Tab, I see my tasks ordered per tag, which confirms that I do have tags.

Thanks.
S

Is there an ETA for autocomplete? I love the most-common-tags cloud, with size determined by frequency, but I use a lot of tags, and many aren't in the cloud. Several times, I've accidentally created new tags - for example, by putting an "s" on the end of a word - and that can be a hassle to clean up.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Bruno,

Can you please create a support ticket so that we can look into your account? We have been unable to replicate your problem.

S,
We released tag autocomplete a few days ago.
Jon_R

Posted: Mar 18, 2010
Score: 1 Reference
Any chance of adding a Tag editor like you currently have for Folders and Contexts? Would make management of tags MUCH easier.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Thanks for the suggestion. We can't comment on a timeframe for implementation, but this is on our to-do list.
jiuyen

Please, please create an option for me to turn off the tag cloud. Sometimes, the cloud is so large that that entry box for typing goes out of frame. This means that is not only really difficult to enter tags, but, to correct any mistakes, I have to go to my iPhone.
Dave

Posted: Mar 24, 2010
Would love a tag editor too, it is very confusing now since some tags show up and some don't.
GS

Posted: Mar 25, 2010

I can't tell you how much more useful the web site would be if one can type in subtask after subtask without having to use the mouse.

And, it would be very useful if subtasks could be reorganized without using the mouse.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Mar 25, 2010
Thanks for the suggestion. We can't comment on a timeframe for implementation, but this is on our to-do list.
Dave

Posted: Apr 25, 2010
I would like to say that I would also appreciate the tag picker like the context and folder one, so I can always have a default list of tag choices, even if I am not using certain ones at the moment. Thanks
jiuyen

Posted: May 05, 2010
Any progress on a setting to turn the tag cloud off? Is this still in the queue?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: May 05, 2010
Still in the queue. Sorry.
cj

Posted: May 17, 2010
Posted by saskia.x:
Posted by Colin:
I would love the ability to easily clear all tags. If there were a little "X" at the right of the text box that you could click on to clear the box's contents, that would be perfect. That would make it a lot easier to switch from one tag to another.

Couldn't you just use Ctrl+A & delete? Or if you tend to use your mouse more, triple click in the field & then delete. It seems a bit unnecessary to clutter up the interface any more than necessary for something that can be achieved so easily already.

I too really would like the capability to clear tags ... I love the new tag window ... but for me, I would like to quickly tag or untag individual tags but simply clicking on the tag link in that window (toggle on or off). Right now, if I have a list of 5 tags, separated by commas (perhaps 1 is a mistake) then it is a real PAIN to select and delete the one tag I don't want.

If this were just about correcting mistakes in the tag list I would not say anything. it is more about being able to quickly add or remove tags at will.

It is indeed a pain. In the grander scheme of things, of course it seems trivial I can live with it, just like I live with migraines. But managing that tag window is a relatively high inconvenience - (now worse because the popup window can disappear in the process of switching from mouse to keybd).

Being patient and hoping that one minor, incremental fix will turn this feature from an annoyance into a huge productivity boost.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
saskia.x

Posted by cj:
I too really would like the capability to clear tags ... I love the new tag window ... but for me, I would like to quickly tag or untag individual tags but simply clicking on the tag link in that window (toggle on or off). Right now, if I have a list of 5 tags, separated by commas (perhaps 1 is a mistake) then it is a real PAIN to select and delete the one tag I don't want.

If this were just about correcting mistakes in the tag list I would not say anything. it is more about being able to quickly add or remove tags at will.

It is indeed a pain. In the grander scheme of things, of course it seems trivial I can live with it, just like I live with migraines. But managing that tag window is a relatively high inconvenience - (now worse because the popup window can disappear in the process of switching from mouse to keybd).

Being patient and hoping that one minor, incremental fix will turn this feature from an annoyance into a huge productivity boost.

I can definitely see the point of this one, since it is more fiddly to delete a single tag (particularly given the fact that the tag box is a set width so tags are often off the edge if you have several). At the moment, clicking on the same tag twice gives you multiple identical tags, which seems a bit odd. Toggling would make a lot more sense.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2   3  

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.