ForumsNewsiPhone app updated to version 1.5.7

iPhone app updated to version 1.5.7
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Feb 02, 2010
Score: 0 Reference
A small update with improvements and a bug fix.

* Refinements to the new tag and context filters.
* Added general option to view lists with complete task titles (they will wrap onto multiple lines instead of being truncated with ellipses).
* Fixed bug where app may crash when scrolling to the bottom of the task details screen to view a subtask.

Available for purchase or as a free update from the iTunes App Store.

Apple allows you to rate and review an iPhone app each time it is updated, so feel free to re-rate or re-review our app if you desire.

This message was edited Feb 02, 2010.
mike

wewt! Too bad I can't download it yet, durned app store. >8(
PeterW 

It's there now for me!
eykanal

Posted a nice review, hopefully it'll be there soon. Thanks again for an excellent website AND an excellent iPhone/iPod app!
dan.julian

You guys are great. The task title change is a big help--have a lot of long titles so that I don't have to open notes all the time. Will definitely re-review the app.
Alan

Posted: Feb 03, 2010
Score: 1 Reference
YES YES YES! I've been waiting for the ability to be able to show all of the task title on the iPhone screen at once. EXCELLENT.

Also, I have to commend you Jake on how you handle customer feedback. In the last week, when the tag/context picker was made available with the last version of the iPhone, your customers made suggestions detailing how to make the selection easier. Within one week, you have sent out a new release addressing these issues.

The level of support from Toodledo and the respect it shows to its customers truly sets you apart from those bovine folks at the farm next door. I switched from them to Toodledo many months back precisely because of this and I absolutely have no regrets. Your product is just so much better and continues to evolve.

I will post a positive review soon.

This message was edited Feb 03, 2010.
Proximo

It's amazing how fast the filters issues was fixed. I can say that it now truly works as it should with some great trigers to boot.

Thanks Jake
paul.freeman

This is a great update - and a testament to your levels of support.

I've never been particularly bothered that long titles were not completely shown, but having turned on the new feature, it is one of the best things I've seen :)

The tag filter is now really useful - what I'd like to see in future is saved views which had set filter settings. at present the app now shows everything I need for my GTD setup, but I need to fiddle with the filters to change from context view of my projects (Hide Future tasks, status; In-line subtasks) to Project view (Show Future tasks and status, Nested subtasks)

The way you do respond and implement feature requests and bug fixes is excellent
roddyt

Excellent!

Thank you for making that change. Just the other day I was pounding all my tags just to leave one unchecked. No more of that.

I really like the full title feature as well.

I'll put in a positive review when I get home tonight.
Proximo

I have been playing with this new feature and I must say that it's great.

I love how fast I can open one of my list (Folders) and quickly click on the filters button, select "Uncheck All" and then select the context I need at that moment.

Fast, simple and it makes perfect sense.
Proximo

I did not have issues with the Titles because I normally use very short and to the point descriptions, but now I turned this on based on the feed back here and I must say that it's also very nice.

I do have some titles that are too long and now things look much better. I will keep this on as default now.

Thanks
joe

Excellent. Many thanks.

One thing that really bugs me, that I hope that you can implement, is for the iphone toodle do to remember which screen it was on and go back to it when it is opened again. As things stand currently it's a bit of a pain. I find myself drilling down to a task that needs me to check a web page, or something that requires access to another application. Then when I go back into toodledo I have to drill back down again, and remember where I was. Is there any way you could implement that?

Thanks,
Joe
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Joe, the app can remember where you were the last time you opened the app. Just go into your settings and configure this under the "start page" section.
bwheeler350

Thank you for changing the filtering to show the checkmarked items, and for adding the check all/uncheck all buttons. Now filtering works the way Excel and other applications do.

There is enormous power in being able to have easy filtering on "filters" (completed, priority, future, status, subtasks), contexts and tags when using the iPhone app instead of the web site. I am finally feeling fee to use ToodleDo more comprehensively. The initial post about this upgrade was so low key I almost missed what a major impact this will have.

Eventual addition of saved filters will be the icing on the cake (I know it is on your development list). Appreciate your good work.
Ian Daniel

Posted: Feb 04, 2010
Thanks heaps for adding the option to display the whole task titles (wrapping). I've now moved to using your iTunes app instead of Appigo Todo, given that you have a "flattened" view of sub-tasks, whereas they do not, and because your suncing with Toodledo.com is much better.

I couldn't move though until you had an option of viewing the whole task. Yay!

This message was edited Feb 04, 2010.
wakatashi

The option to display the entire text of tasks is HUGE for me - fantastic! Up till now I've mainly used the iPhone app just for adding new tasks when out and about. But this really makes it usable when viewing existing tasks too.

NICE ONE!
Glen

The inability to filter context was a real drag for me and had me considering ToDo. However, ToDo didn't have stars. I have emailed both of you guys and I did not get a single whisper from ToDo.

You (Toodledo) told me that context filtering was in the works. Then it was implemented. And a week later, vastly improved.

Thank you for listening. This is what customer satisfaction is all about. You listen to your customers and you let them know you are listening! I am sold.
kennethchristensen

Posted: Feb 09, 2010
Hello
I also find the new Context filtering very nice, however I have a problem and have come up with a solution:

I have some task, where a specific context does not apply. This becomes a problem when I use the new context filter to filter one or two contexts out. Because, the filter will now only allow the remaining (checkked) context to be shown, and thus my task with no context are not shown.

So I hope that You could add a "No Context" option in the context filter, so that filtering context will not exclude tasks without context. I hope I have explained it clearly enough ;-)

Kind regards, Kenneth
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Feb 10, 2010
Thanks for the suggestion.
paul.freeman

Posted: Feb 11, 2010
I second that "No Context" and indeed a "no tag" check, which would allow me to quickly tag all the untagged tasks.

It would also allow me to exclude one tag (e.g. daytime) by two touches. One to check all, then one to uncheck the "daytime" tag.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2      Next

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.