ForumsNewsiOS App Version 2.1: Location, Passcode, Reverse Sort, etc

iOS App Version 2.1: Location, Passcode, Reverse Sort, etc
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Oct 04, 2010
Score: 1 Reference
Version 2.1 of our iOS app for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch is now available with the following updates.

Location Location Location:
+ Assign locations to your tasks.
+ View all of your tasks on a map.
+ Sort your tasks by their distance from your current location.
+ Coming soon: Audible alerts when you are near a location with tasks to be done.

Also:
+ It is now possible to add folders, contexts, goals and locations on-the-fly, while editing a task or notebook entry.
+ When adding a task, you will now see the default values that will be pre-set when you add the task. You can override these by pressing the "edit details" button.
+ An optional Passcode Lock will allow you to keep your tasks away from prying eyes.
+ You can now sort your lists in either direction. Want to see tasks sorted by due-date with oldest at the top? Now you can.
+ Fixed bug where tasks that repeat "Every # Year(s)" would be displayed incorrectly when editing the value.
+ Fixed occasional crash when swipe-deleting tasks during a search
+ Fixed bug where selecting the "Next Month" preset value when editing a due-date would sometimes be off by 1 day.
+ Various other small bug fixes and optimiziations.
freund7

Score: 0 Reference
Are the proximity alerts coming soon the kind of alerts that the APP "Locationizer" uses? Locationizer stays in the background even if you force it to close and it can either check constantly or every 30 minutes to see if you are near a target.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Yes, proximity alerts are coming soon. They are actually ready, but a bug in iOS 4.1 prevents them from working 100% of the time. Apple says that it will be fixed in the next iOS update.
norskbob

Are there any plans to add local notifications to the iPhone app? That's the main reason I'm not currently using it - I have poor service inside my building at work, so push notifications aren't reliable.

Thanks
Bob
Ido

Wow. Top of my wishlist. THANKS!
Alan

Posted: Oct 05, 2010
I'm finding syncing on the iPhone horribly slow since upgrading to this version. I'll file a bug report later but is anyone else in the same boat?
Alan

Just noticed that there is no way to select the "Locations" page as the start page in the new iPhone app. Can this be put into the next release?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Yeah, we'll get this in to the next release. Thanks
jen.jesso

I am a visually impaired user of Toodledo and this latest version of the iPhone app is not accessible with VoiceOver (the screen reader built into iOS). As I'm a paid user and use primarily the app on the go (as I'm usually not near a computer, and the website isn't as easy to use with a screen reader), this new inaccessibility really, really annoys me. I'm not sure what was done to the app, as the previous version was fully accessible with speech and worked great. The features sound great if I could actually use them, or even use my to-do list period at the moment ... :(

I really hope this issue is addressed in future versions. More information about accessibility can be found here http://developer.apple.com/library/ios/#documentation/UserExperience/Conceptual/iPhoneAccessibility/ Introduction/Introduction.html.

This message was edited Oct 05, 2010.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Oct 06, 2010
Jen, I am sorry that Toodledo isn't working for you anymore. We did not intentional remove VoiceOver support. Actually, I have to admit that we have never used VoiceOver, so I am not sure what we did that would have caused it to stop working, but we will look into it and get it working again.
miskin

I upgraded to 2.1 version on my iPad, but I can't do the same on my iPhone 2G (it seems that can't upgrade directly from 2.0.5 but I've to buy the app another time). I've iOS 3.1.2 on the iPhone 2G. Is that a normal behavior? Thank you.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
If you have purchased Toodledo for iOS, all updates are free forever as long as you use the same Apple ID to log into the App Store.
miskin

Posted by Toodledo:
If you have purchased Toodledo for iOS, all updates are free forever as long as you use the same Apple ID to log into the App Store.

Yes, thank you. I use the same Apple ID on both devices (iPad and iPhone). But for some reason I cannot see Toodledo in my available upgrades on the iPhone. Have I to upgrade my iPhone 2G iOS to 3.1.3 for some compatibility issue with my 3.1.2 version?
Thank you.
jen.jesso

Posted by Toodledo:
Jen, I am sorry that Toodledo isn't working for you anymore. We did not intentional remove VoiceOver support. Actually, I have to admit that we have never used VoiceOver, so I am not sure what we did that would have caused it to stop working, but we will look into it and get it working again.

Thanks for looking into it. If you need any information about specifically what parts aren't working let me know and I'd be glad to help. Basically I can add a task name but then when I try to change any details such as folder or context, etc., it just says "editable field" and I can't tap anything.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
@miskin: Yes, you need to upgrade to iOS 3.1.3. This is the minimum requirement.

@jen: Can you please create a support ticket and let us know which parts of the app don't work with VoiceOver? http://www.toodledo.com/info/ticket.php
whilborn

Posted: Oct 07, 2010
Is there a way to filter on and sort by start date? The application works well with due dates, but most of us need to know the time to start an activity so it will be complete when it is due. The hot list helps significantly, but I want to deal only with start date and the hotlist is triggered by due date as well.
Salgud

In the Search area, you'll find the New Search tab. You can do very sohpisticated searches, including searching on Start Date. Remember to Save your search when you are done, so you can have it available later.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
I think whilborn is talking about the iPhone, which doesn't have search yet. On the iphone, if you want to hide tasks that haven't started yet, you can use the "hide future tasks" filter.
Jesse

Posted: Oct 17, 2010
Is it possible to hide or filter certain locations, when viewing on the web site and with the iPhone app? When I'm at work, I don't want to be distracted with stuff I can only do at home, and vice versa. I didn't like using contexts or folders for this purpose. I ended up buying two Toodledo Pro accounts, and I use one of the accounts with Todo. I would LOVE to be able to manage it all in one account.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Oct 17, 2010
It is not possible to filter on locations, but if you sort by distance, the things at work will appear at the top when you are at work, and the things at home will appear at the top when you are at home.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2      Next

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.