ForumsNewsBetter Calendar Syncing

Better Calendar Syncing
sabaxx

Posted: Feb 18, 2011
Score: 1 Reference
Oh, I haven't realized so far, that there are two different fields "start time" and "due time" (which you can put on and off in settings.....)

I think due time is the default field and I thought that means the start time (maybe problem of translation ;-)

Now it works. Thanks for answer.
andrew.p.madden

Posted: Mar 09, 2011
Score: -2 Reference
Posted by paulp:
Is there any plan to fix the bug whereby when I view my Toodledo to-do list in Outlook calendar using iCal I see the tasks appear as starting at 00:00 (and therefore not visible without scrolling), rather than appearing as all-day appointments?

Have you looked into this? My tasks are still showing up as an appointment at 00:00 in Outlook 2007. They're great as full day appointments in my Google calendar but in Outlook they still show as appointments at midnight. When I'm in week view, I have to scroll up to see what's there.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Mar 09, 2011
We have not yet been able to find a workaround for the way Outlook treats full day appointments. Microsoft does it different from everyone else.
richard.burgmann

Posted: Mar 18, 2011
Score: -1 Reference
Hi I've just started trialling toodledo and it is all looking good except for syncing with iCal and maybe iphone (haven't yet tested enough to be sure). My concern is that it is totally unprotected by password or encryption as far as I can tell. Is this correct?
While I love the features, having the information open to the world to read is really not on. I understand the subscription URL has a randon string in it but this is a very low barrier and once someone has the link, it never changes (obviously because it would break the subscriptions). While I understand that this may be in part due to the lack of password / encryption support in such apps as iCal, what about your iPhone app? Does it use a secure link or is it just using the public publishing link?
Thank you for your time.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Mar 21, 2011
Our iPhone app using a secure encrypted connection to the website.
jirvin_4505

Posted: Mar 30, 2011
Posted by Toodledo:
6) The URL for each task will now point back to a page on Toodledo where you can see that one specific task that you clicked on.

Not sure if I am getting the url.

I have had the toodledo synch with iphone calendar for some time. Tasks with a date appear as expected on my iphone calendar.

I have wished that there was a way to click on a link in the calendar event so that i could go to the task in the toodledo app on my iphone.

Is this what this what 6) is hinting at? I can't find the url link back to toodledo

cheers jeff

This message was edited Mar 30, 2011.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Mar 30, 2011
Score: 0 Reference
There is not currently a way to jump from the iPhone Calendar to Toodledo from a particular task. I'll look into it.
jirvin_4505

Posted: Apr 01, 2011
Posted by Toodledo:
There is not currently a way to jump from the iPhone Calendar to Toodledo from a particular task. I'll look into it.

Maybe there is?
I did some testing ..

When you send a task from toodledo to your email address it includes a link back to toodledo - hidden under 'link to iOS App'

When I copy this ie.. toodledo://toddledo.com/task..... address and paste it into a calender note the link will work as a direct trackback to and open Toodledo- the same way a url in the calendar notes section will trackback to safari and open.

Toodledo calendar syncing already generates a note holding the task information. So I wonder why can't you configure the synching note to contain the trackback iOS link as generated when a task is sent as an email?

Did some further testing..
When the 'link to ios app' in its expanded form is included in the notes of a dated task it will serve as a link back to toodledo when that task appears in the calendar.

So is it as simple as implementing iOS link in calendar synched tasks?

cheers jeff

This message was edited Apr 01, 2011.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Apr 01, 2011
Well, that is an interesting idea. I suppose that could work, although it would be annoying for people who don't have the app, but I could filter on that. Good idea. I'll put it on "the list"
jirvin_4505

Posted: Apr 02, 2011
Score: 2 Reference
Posted by Toodledo:
Well, that is an interesting idea. ...

Ta..

Looks like the iPad is not suitable for this tweak.

I couldn't get links to work in synched notes to iPad calendar - may have to investigate an alternate calender app for the iPad.

Found some discussion the lack of linking with ipad..

Apple - Support - Discussions - How can I add URL link in the calendar ...
http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa;jsessionid=EB829C83C0B3A65BCD423E29C821C3B8.node0?messageID =12807271

cheers Jeff

This message was edited Apr 02, 2011.
richardts

Posted: May 26, 2011
Score: -1 Reference
Hi
I've been using Toodledo for a while now, first just web and iphone, then web, iphone and gmail, then web, iphone, gmail and outlook, then web, iphone, gmail, outlook and ipad. My basic work email account is in outlook and i therefore get all my meeting requests there. My problem since the start has been that toodledo tasks sync as tasks to outlook and not appointments. So it doesn't show up in my calendar alongside my appointments. The tasks only come in as tasks in the task window. This is why i went the gmail route. If you sync toodledo with gmail and also sync outlook calendar with gmail calendar you can see all your appointments and tasks in one calendar view and therefore have a clear view of what your day or week looks like. This has obvious problems and i've now stopped using gmail as a second calendar.

My question therefore, is there anyway at the moment or planned for the future to sync toodledo tasks into outlook as appointments and not tasks, and base the date and time on the info from toodledo?

Thanks
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: May 26, 2011
Score: 0 Reference
The Outlook Sync tool was made by a third-party developer. Please contact them for support with their product. They can be reached at : http://www.chromadrake.com/ChromaticDragon/software/ToodledoSyncInfo.aspx

Hope that helps.
jirvin_4505

Posted: Sep 26, 2011
Posted by jirvin_4505:
Posted by Toodledo:

Maybe there is?
I did some testing ..

When you send a task from toodledo to your email address it includes a link back to toodledo - hidden under 'link to iOS App'

When I copy this ie.. toodledo://toddledo.com/task..... address and paste it into a calender note the link will work as a direct trackback to and open Toodledo- the same way a url in the calendar notes section will trackback to safari and open.

Toodledo calendar syncing already generates a note holding the task information. So I wonder why can't you configure the synching note to contain the trackback iOS link as generated when a task is sent as an email?

Did some further testing..
When the 'link to ios app' in its expanded form is included in the notes of a dated task it will serve as a link back to toodledo when that task appears in the calendar.

So is it as simple as implementing iOS link in calendar synched tasks?

cheers jeff

> re my desire to have calandar link back to iOs app just like an emailed task links back to iOs app?
A little more info on this....

I recently changed my calandar app on the iPhone and it shows (in the notes) the link back to the web version of the toodledo task. This has given me some method to go directly to the toodledo task from a calandar alert- thanks.

I was wondering if when toodledo syncs with the iphone app can it place the iOs app link in the toodledo notes section for the task? That way when toodledo adds dates to my calandar there will be a link back to the iOs?

cheers Jeff
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2  

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.