ForumsQuestionsSetting task reminders

Setting task reminders
muzzybeat

Posted: Apr 07, 2008
Score: 0 Reference
In the Help section, it says, "In your account settings you can specify how far in advance of a due date you want to be reminded about it." I don't find this to be the case. In the Account Settings I find only three topics related to due dates:
1. Adding fields
2. Hotlist settings
3. Default sort
Here's what I want to do: Set under "Due Date" a birthday (for example), then be reminded of this two weeks in advance. I can't figure out how to do this. Can you help? Thank you!
Roman

Posted: Apr 08, 2008
in my opinion, you can´t accomplish, what you are requesting. toodledo falls a bit short on reminding capabilities (again, my opinion).
I solved this problem by using the iCal subscription into my Google calendar. I use their reminders for the purpose.

I´d really love to see a more flexible way of reminders, maybe like they´re doing it over at todoist.com?
muzzybeat

Roman,

Thanks a lot for your response. Yes, I figured that I was going to have to use my other calendar (I just started using iGoogle) for reminders.

I'd certainly rather set reminders with Toodledo since these are task reminders and not appointment reminders. Ah well, can't have it all.

I really appreciate your response. Otherwise, I'm generally digging Toodledo.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
We plan on having much better reminder capabilities in the future, but for now, you can get reminders by visiting the "Connections" page and looking under "Email Reminders". The daily hotlist email can also server as a reminder and you can adjust the hotlist settings to your liking.
Colin A

Posted: Apr 09, 2008
Or for the example given - you could just create an annually recurring task (e.g birthday reminder) that has a due date of two weeks prior to the actual birthday...and record the actual date in the notes (or the title of the task)
muzzybeat

Posted: Apr 12, 2008
Thank you all for responding. Toodledo person: Thanks for letting me know about the "Email Reminders" method--I may find it useful in the future, but for this birthday early-reminder scenario, I don't think it would be the ideal solution since I like the reminders to come at different amounts of time beforehand.

Colin: Great idea, and yes, this does solve my issue for the given example. Duh, why didn't I think of that? I know why: I was stuck in my expectation of using this in the exact same way I've used Outlook reminders in the past. But your solution works perfectly well in a different way.

Thanks y'all! Very helpful.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.