ForumsQuestionsRepeat Until?

Repeat Until?
davek

Posted: Dec 09, 2008
Score: 0 Reference
I'm gaining a fair bit of success migrating from my Palm pda to my Ipod Touch..

One thing I'm missing (or can't find) is a "Repeat until" function, which would allow me to set an end date (or number of occurances) for a given task. Is there a way to do this?

thanks

davek.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Dec 09, 2008
Toodledo does not have a repeat until field. You'll just need to remember to delete the task at the appropriate time in the future.
Qrystal

Posted: Dec 10, 2008
Or just cancel the repeating on the last iteration.
davek

Ok, thanks for the response.... Then, is there a way to copy (or duplicate) a new or existing task?

In some cases, if I'm only repeating the task once or twice, or if I didn't finish the task and I want to record that I spent some time on it, It would be nice if I could create a duplicate and assign it some time in the future (without having to cancel a repeating task).

I'm a new user, and I took a look through the FAQ and couldn't see any reference to copying tasks. Am I missing something?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
There is currently not a way to copy or duplicate a task. To do what you are suggesting, you would make it a repeating task. Mark it as completed. Reload the page to find the newly rescheduled version of the task. Then make it unrepeating and update the due-date as necessary.

Hope that helps.
davek

Ok, that's a do-able workaround. Thanks.
davidjsil

Posted: Mar 08, 2009
Posted by Toodledo:
Toodledo does not have a repeat until field. You'll just need to remember to delete the task at the appropriate time in the future.

Is this going to be something you will take another look at? It is a fairly standard property of most other to do programs and makes scheduling much easier than remembering to delete a task repetition once its usefulness has come to an end...

This message was edited Mar 08, 2009.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Mar 09, 2009
Yes, it's on our todo list.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.