ForumsQuestionsMass deleting tasks

Mass deleting tasks
alaia

Posted: Apr 07, 2011
Score: 0 Reference
The last thread I saw was from 2008. Have any developments been made since then? I'd really like to delete about 60+ tasks. They have nothing to do with each other, so choosing options via Multi-Edit doesn't do much good. Basically, I haven't logged into my account in months and have tons of irrelevant tasks. Many tasks still need to be done, so I'd rather not delete EVERYTHING if I don't have to.
Salgud

Posted: Apr 08, 2011
The easiest way I know of to remove a lot of tasks, with nothhing in common, at once is to Star them, then crate a Saved Search for Starred tasks and multi-edit and delete them. If you already have starred tasks you want to preserve as such, you need to filter for starred first, multi-edit and give those tasks a unique attribute, like a tag or a status not otherwise used, remove their stars, then procede as described above. After you've deleted the temporarily starred tasks, do a search for the unique attibute to put on your originally starred tasks and star them.

It's a few steps, but less painful than deleting them one at a time.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
You can do that star thing, but it might be faster to just delete them one by one with the trashcan button (which you can enable in your settings if you don't have it already). At one delete per second, it would take 1 minute to delete those 60 tasks.

You could also mark the tasks as completed, and just have them remain hidden instead of doing the full delete.
piyush_soni

Or you can install the ToodleDo multi Edit GreaseMonkey script (FF only), which can easily do this and a lot more. Gives the facility of multi-selecting tasks then and there and doing all sorts of standard operations on them.

See this thread: http://www.toodledo.com/forums/3/7525/0/greasemonkey-script-to-edit-multiple-tasks.html

This is something which should have been an inbuilt toodledo feature. The work flow of deleting multiple tasks is absolutely weird right now. I cannot delete those 10 tasks in front of me at once and have to add artificial common attributes, remove those attributes from important ones, and then do a search based on that attribute, then delete them.

This message was edited Apr 08, 2011.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.