ForumsQuestionsGrid format, priority column

Grid format, priority column
Qrystal

Posted: Dec 18, 2008
Score: 0 Reference
I normally use Multi-Line format, but now that there's a quick switch button I'm considering the value of the Grid format.

One thing I was trying to do with it, though, is make a column really narrow so it only shows a little bit of the data.

For example, I've made the Date Due column narrower than its contents, only showing the month and day and not the year.

However, I can't do the same trick with the Priority column. I really only need to see 2 to know it's High priority, but I can't resize it to be narrower than the column title.

Is this important enough to anyone else to request something to get around this? It's really just a little thing, in a view I seldom use.

Anyways, just putting it out there as an oddity. If the Toodledo folks are tweaking anything else in the Grid view, this might be something else to look at.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Dec 18, 2008
Thanks for the suggestion.
BobbyG

Posted: Jan 26, 2009
Is there any way to set the default for multi-line view to the collapsed state rather than expanded?

As more tasks are added, the multi-line view becomes inundated with info. Collapsing each item individually, in order to get an overview (better than grid view), is repetitive and time-consuming. However, the detail that multi-line view provides is often essential.

Would it not be better if the view opened in the collapsed state, with the ability to then expand the particular item of interest?

Thank you.
BobbyG

Posted: Jan 26, 2009
Please disregard my note of 35 minutes ago re the default for multi-line view. I found the toggleswitch! Terrific!
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.