ForumsQuestionssimple question re: completed tasks

simple question re: completed tasks
louise_1297540325

Posted: May 04, 2011
Score: 0 Reference
I have a number of recurring daily tasks. I don't need to keep the daily reminders once I've done them each day. I've tried deleting them manually but that is time-consuming (any chance there's a batch-deleting function being developed...?).

I do understand that I can set Toodledo to delete completed tasks after a specified period of time. But I hesitate because I'm afraid I will accidentally delete all records of my recurring tasks, instead of just the daily reminders for those tasks.

So this is my simple question. If I change this setting, will it delete just the *reminders* assigned to specific days? Or will it delete the original recurring tasks as well?

thanks!
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: May 04, 2011
Score: 0 Reference
Im not sure that I understand the terminology that you are using. With repeating tasks, there is always one "active task" which is unchecked and has a future due-date. When you complete this task, two things happen. That task is moved forward by whatever your repeat value is, and a completed checked off copy of the task is added to your list to show that you did it. You can hide completed tasks by using the "hide completed tasks" filter, or you can manually delete completed tasks if you don't want them. You can also set a preference in your account settings to delete old completed tasks. This will not affect any uncompleted repeating tasks.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.