ForumsQuestionsTask title changing bug

Task title changing bug
Peter Scott

Posted: Jan 04, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
This behavior is definitely a bug but I cannot reproduce it, I only note it here for the record in case anyone else experiences it.

Something happened so that whenever I clicked on a task title to edit it, the title would change to an apparently random string that was either the title of another task or a date. I had no way of restoring the original title aside from remembering it and typing it back in.

I was in folder view and non-classic mode and this behavior happened whether I expanded the task or not, and also when I changed to another folder. It happened every time I tried editing a task title during this time (over a dozen attempts).

It stopped when I changed to tag view. I was then able to change back to folder view without the behavior recurring. I do not recall doing anything peculiar immediately prior to the start of this behavior. This was on Safari on OS X 10.4.

P.S. It happened again half an hour later. Same symptoms as before, only I observed that it also affected the due date entry column. Switching to priority view and back fixed it.

P.P.S. I think it is caused by using the Back function in the browser to go to a folder view page that was succeeded by other pages representing modification operations. That reproduces it consistently for me.

This message was edited Jan 04, 2009.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jan 05, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
Whoah, thats weird. I was able to confirm it. In Safari, if you click the back button and then edit a task it will replace it with the previously edited tasks title. I have no idea why Safari does that, but we'll certainly look into that.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.