ForumsQuestionsInconsistent synchronization

Inconsistent synchronization
Lori Clark

Posted: Jan 05, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
I cannot get Toodledo to sync consistently with my iTouch. When I try to force a sync, it appears to work but nothing changes on either the iTouch or my online list. I am just using the website and the iTouch, no other programs. What am I missing?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
If nothing changes, then they must already be in sync. Are they? If not, are you sure that you have entered your account information correctly inside the iTouch app? If so, then you may need to reset the sync settings. To do this, just go into the synchronization settings and retype your password and hit "save".

Hope that helps.
Lori Clark

I have 28 to dos on the web based list. There are 12 on the iTouch. I have re-entered my account info numerous times. This morning I found 2 items that were started on the iTouch show twice on the web.

As for already being in sync, I can add an item in either app, attempt to resync and get no change in the other list. I was thinking this application might really help make the iTouch function as my PDA did but I'm getting frustrated by not being able to have accurate info and the apparent duplication of tasks.

Any more suggestions?
sventhebrit

Lori,
I have been using the website for a while and it has been working very well with the Toodledo app on my iPhone -- so I am confident we can get it working for you.

First of all
1) On your iTouch, are you using Todo (by Appigo) or the Toodledo application?
2) Can you confirm the version number?

Depending on the application being used, there could be various filters that could be causing the tasks not to appear.

Thanks
Steve
Lori Clark

I am using Toodledo version 1.4. I looked at Todo and Toodledo, read reviews and decided to try Toodledo, a much better value for the money.

I also need a calendar application that will sync to my computer. I'm on the verge of buying Outlook 2007. Any thoughts on that would be appreciated.

Thanks for your help,
Lori
sventhebrit

Lori,

1.4 had been very stable for me and I haven't encountered the problem you are experiencing.

I am guessing it could be filters that are causing the iTouch app not to display the tasks. From the main screen, next to the all tasks icon - is this where it says 12? If you go into all tasks, there will be a button in the bottom right corner - filters. All the filters - Negative Priority, Future Tasks, Deferred Tasks, Subtasks should be set to on. Can you check and confirm this?

Toodledo Admin may have some other thoughts.

In terms of the calendar, I use Outlook 2003 / Exchange at work and sync to my iPhone, so I don't have experiences of other packages. The easiest option would be MobileMe which I am sure would work with the iTouch (although there is a yearly fee). I am sure other people would be able to suggest alternatives.

Hope this helps
Steve
Lori Clark

In frustration, I manually entered everything into the on-line version, then deleted and reinstalled on my iTouch. It seems to be working at the moment.

As for Outlook vs. Mobile Me, it is not clear that I still would not need an outlook version that will work w/ Windows Vista. I own Office 2000 but that version of Outlook does not work w/ Vista. Thanks you Microsoft.

Thank you for your help.
Lori
sventhebrit

Great that it is working now, but I have a couple of hundred tasks all syncing perfectly between the Toodledo Website and my iPhone. I can add and delete from the main site and the iPhone and they have always remained in sync -- so let hope your teething problems are now sorted.

In terms of syncing your calendar, I did come across this site - http://www.nuevasync.com/ - it sounds interesting, but I have never tried it. It states that it will sync the iPhone/iTouch with Google Calendar so this may be another option for you.

Steve
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.