ForumsQuestionsCan I order the tasks for a particular date?

Can I order the tasks for a particular date?
Kamachos

Posted: Jul 15, 2011
Score: 0 Reference
Can I order the tasks for a particular date in a particular order assuming they have only due dates and no start time?

For example, I have 20 tasks due today and they are in some random order and I would like to order them without having to put start times.
dannyw0011

Posted: Jul 15, 2011
You can manually sort sub-tasks.

For normal tasks, if you're not using the field for anything else, you could assign a number to a task's tag, and then sort by the tags. Personally, I simply put a number at the front of the tasks description and then sort alphabetically when I'm trying to perform a set of tasks in a specific order.
simon

Posted: Jul 16, 2011
This from the Help section might clarify https://www.toodledo.com/info/help.php?search=sort
Kamachos

Posted: Jul 18, 2011
Thanks guys for the answers. I was looking for a drag and drop type of solution in the calendar view. Subtasks seem to solve that, but I want to be able to do it with stand alone tasks in the calendar view. I really cannot comprehend why drag and drop ordering in the calendar view is not possible. Adding number in front of the task is a solution, but it gets clumsy when you have to change the order or add a new one plus it does not work in the calendar view..
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jul 18, 2011
We would like to support this in a future update. Thanks for the feedback.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.