ForumsQuestionsSTRANGE! What just happened to the web UI for Toodledo?

STRANGE! What just happened to the web UI for Toodledo?
Linda M

Posted: Jul 26, 2011
Score: 0 Reference
I was using it to explore exporting tools, and all of a sudden the whole UI changed around, things in the left panel which used to be across the top of the page, can't figure out where things which used to be in the left panel.

Ummm - what's up with this?

thanks?
Jrod

The redesign is here! The redesign is here!
aubrey.dorsch

Score: 1 Reference
This stinks if I can't get rid of the sidebar and maximize my horizontal space... limits columns I can see :(
reckoner

Score: 2 Reference
I agree. The sidebar wastes space! Please provide option to remove it.
Jrod

I'm sure there will be tons of tweaks by the guys who redesigned this in Stylish, but at least the official UI cuts down on the cheese factor a lot. This thing looks serious.
Linda M

Yikes! I was in the middle of using it and it felt like the carpet was just swept out from under me!

I'm an extremely new user - only used it a few times so far - but everything I thought I knew I now am going to see in a new context...

For example, I was completely flustered about how to sort my tasks for about 6 minutes. Then I realized what I need to do was click the tiny down arrow to the right of each sort field - and there is up to 3 sort fields. I think there was always only up to 3 sort fields. But this does look cleaner and neater than previous presentation of sorting fields, I think.

I think overall I'm going to like it better than the old interface, which I found overwhelming (and overwhelmingly ugly) when I started evaluating GTDs within the last few weeks.
AJS

Wow. I thought my skin had wrecked the UI but I see now that it was an update. It looks a bit strange but I'll have a proper look around before commenting proper.
buero64

Score: -1 Reference
please give us back your old layout!!!
Dr. Glynn Skerratt

Similar experience - been using it for years and had sort of got used to the *unusual* web interface. Just refreshed to put new tasks in their correct folders and bang...all change!

Things look much cleaner and more professional,and the strange colour options have all gone :) I think a tweak to reduce the width of the sidebar would be good tho. Right...back to trying to figure out where everything's moved to...
juanscopp

I like it! Looks MUCH better. I agree, we need an option to hide the side bar.
AJS

It's an improvement on the old version but the problem is it's a lot worse than the Stylish skin I was using MacOSX. High priority tasks aren't bolded any more which reduces the visual impact. The layout I don't mind so much, no doubt I'll get used to it quite quickly, but I was hoping for a much cleaner less dingy look to be honest. I hope the Stylish skin guys can do their magic pretty darn quick!
mlb32704

I like it! Definitely looks more professional. Sidebar should be an option for sure. Color choices might not hurt either. Otherwise, no complaints.
WT Sherman

I like many attributes of the old format better, like the folder and search names at the top of the the screen. I agree with the comment about saving horizontal space.
mlb32704

Another request...the option to swap positions between folders and tasks/notebook/organize/tools, etc. Obviously the positions have reversed, it's a little bit herky jerky for me so far, and to me, my task folders are the most important component to ToodleDo, they should be front and center, not a sideshow. Not quite sure I still like this :(
mlb32704

Found another great improvement - the notebook reader, love it!
LucasA

Finally! This new UI has been scientifically proven to be 1000% better. Goodbye 2001, hello 2011.
mlb32704

Whoops, another issue - were the developers lefty by any chance? :) Move the add task bar to the right please! Bad location.
Kevin

I HATE THE NEW DESIGN - PLEASE AT LEAST CAN YOU HAVE A WAY TO HIDE THE SIDE BAR
Singashrimp

Nice new look, it indeed looks more professional.

This said, I used to appreciate having color/boldness codes for tasks based on their importance. I couldn't find any option in the settings to control that, is this something you would consider implementing in the new UI?

Same thing with the ability to toggle aside the sidebar, that was quite useful.

Also, being able to choose different color themes (a bit like the Gmail interface) would be cool!
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Different themes and the ability to control the sidebar and enbolden tasks are things that we are exploring for a future update.

Thanks
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2      Next

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.