ForumsQuestionswhere is total number of tasks?

where is total number of tasks?
lauraherota

Posted: Jul 26, 2011
Score: 0 Reference
the old design showed the total number of tasks but i can't seem to find the total in this new design. i like to compare to my iphone todo app to make sure they are synced and both have the same number of tasks.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
The total is there on the left side, below the "view by" section on the row titled "All Tasks"
dannyw0011

Is there a way to show the number of tasks for saved searches?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
This is not currently possible (it wasn't before the redesign either). The reason why is because it is very computationally expensive, since we would need to run every one of your searches in the background each time you loaded the page. This would slow things down.
dannyw0011

It would be helpful, but isn't necessary. Thanks for the detailed explanation.

And, again, I think the new UI is great! You have done a wonderful job.
lauraherota

Posted: Jul 27, 2011
i must be blind, i still don't see it. this is all i see on the left side...

VIEW BY:
Main Folder Due-Date Priority Sharing Search Calendar

All Tasks
Starred
Hotlist
Recently Added
Recently Completed
Recently Modified
Tip
In your account settings you can add or remove fields. Choose from: folder, context
hlascelles

I can't see it either. The old design had it simply at the top, now it isn't there.

I don't need it for saved searches, so this isn't the computation power issue.
alexandremrj_2

In the sidebar, next to All Tasks, or Starred or Hotlist you see a big number that is the number of tasks
dannyw0011

You have to have "Show Task Counts" turned on under "Account Settings" for the totals to appear.
hlascelles

Posted: Jul 28, 2011
That's it! Thanks Danny...
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jul 28, 2011
It is also printed at the bottom of every list now.
Catherine

Posted: Jul 29, 2011
Score: 1 Reference
The counts in the tabs are all tasks, not active tasks.

So while I only have 14 active tasks, the count in the tab is showing 206 tasks which is really not useful information.

Can you please change this so that we have what we used to have, a count of the active tasks in the tab?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jul 29, 2011
There are three counts for each list.

1) Total tasks. Currently displayed on the tab (if set in your account settings)
2) Visible tasks. Currently displayed at the bottom of each list (this used to be displayed at the top
3) Hidden tasks. Currently displayed at the top in the "Show" toolbar button (this used to be displayed at the bottom.

We are looking into ways to allow this to be user customizable in a future update.
Catherine

Posted: Jul 30, 2011
Thanks for your response.

The website is now mimicking the behaviour of the iphone app - it used to show the number of active tasks not total tasks at the top. At the least info is down at the bottom but it is a waste of energy and time to scroll.

I look forward to getting options of which count to display as the active number of tasks is the most useful.
lauraherota

Posted: Jul 31, 2011
thanks danny!
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.