ForumsQuestionsPeople as Contexts

People as Contexts
Jay

Posted: Jan 08, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
Anyone have this issue? I work with a lot of people and throughout the day/week, I collect things that I need to discuss with various people. If I can't do it right now, I'll add it as a task in Toodledo to "discuss ___ with ___". If I make each person a context, then next time I see that person I can easily find all the things I need to discuss with that person. In many ways a person is a context as there are tasks I can do only when I am with that person and I don't want to see them when I'm in a different context.

Anyone else doing something like this? Or have other ideas on how to handle this?
KatBoy

Jay
I use tags for "people" because for me some tasks require conversations with several people. This works for me...
woklist

For me tags. Same reasons as BoyOhBoy.

W.
frossie

That's interesting. Because I use toodledo for a mixture of work and non-work stuff, I use contexts to indicate a state that is somewhat location-related (work, home, in town, leaving home in the morning, online, etc). That way, if I am in town and I have time before an appointment, I look up the "in town" context and see if I can run a small errand.

That works quite well for me, i have much more trouble getting my Folders right.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.