ForumsQuestionsOffline Access - Google Gears

Offline Access - Google Gears
Peter Scott

Posted: Feb 26, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
Are you near the point of being able to use beta testers for gears?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Feb 27, 2009
Not yet, sorry.
conrad.murkitt

Posted: Mar 17, 2009
Posted by Toodledo:
Not yet, sorry.

Any progress on this yet as this is a roadblock for me handing money over to pay for this service.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Mar 17, 2009
It's still in development. When we have something to announce, we'll post it here.
deep.introspection

Posted: Apr 26, 2009
This Offline functionnality will be super.
ToodleDo miss only this functionnality to be perfect.
Or perhaps the possibility to visualize Todo as Semantic Hyper-Graph :) (let's dream)

Thanks for all your work anyway.

Guillaume
vmenegotto Post deleted
pappubhai

Posted: Jul 13, 2009
I use todolist.exe (only offline) and the only reason I will not move to Toodledo is that the offline version is not possible. I have also posted this on Letsfixthis.com - lets see how many votes we get - http://www.letsfixthis.com/toodledo/todo-list-application/52
Vin Thomas

Posted: Jul 14, 2009
Voted on letsfixthis.com, but I am sure it won't make tons of difference. Either way I am sure that TD has it on their todo list for the future. Just how far in the future is the question...
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jul 18, 2009
We are already working on offline support, but it's a big project and we don't have an ETA.
jaroslav

Posted: Sep 16, 2009
2Toodledo: Could you please post some more detailed information about the development?

Posted by Toodledo:
We are already working on offline support, but it's a big project and we don't have an ETA.

Is the same answer for last year.

Thank you.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Sep 16, 2009
We are still working on it. I am sorry that we don't have a better update. It is a big project (almost a total rewrite of Toodledo.com) and we have been busy.
timbrockley

Posted: Nov 15, 2009
Score: 2 Reference
offline access. yes please. the sooner the better.

This message was edited Nov 15, 2009.
tony.grout

Posted: Dec 20, 2009
Hey, will be great when we can have the Google Gears enabled version.
mark

Posted: Dec 21, 2009
Maybe this is being discussed in another thread but I'll add my thoughts here anyway (fwiw).
Offline access would be a very, very good thing indeed ;)

But Google Gears is a dead technology.
Google themselves have admitted that.
HTML5 is the way forward for offline access for web applications, again Google have stated their intentions to implement HTML5 rather than continue to advance Gears.

So any requests for offline access need to be geared (no pun intended) towards implementing HTML5 rather than Google Gears.
I'm hoping that Toodledo haven't gone too far down the road of implementing Gears as it's most definitely not the way forward.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/technology/2009/11/google-gears.html

Read Google's response at the bottom of the article.

"We're continuing to support Gears so that nothing breaks for sites that use it. But we expect developers to use HTML5 for these features moving forward as it's a standards-based approach that will be available across all browsers."
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Dec 22, 2009
One of the reasons why we have been dragging our feet a little on Gears is because we were waiting for a more standards based approach to offline access. Our solution will hopefully support both HTML5 and Gears (for those browsers that aren't HTML5 compatible).
tony.grout

Posted: Mar 03, 2010
Any update on this?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Mar 03, 2010
Google has discontinued support for Gears, so I guess it was a good thing we didn't waste time making Toodledo work with it.

We still plan to support offline access, but it won't be through Google Gears.
azkikr74

Posted: Mar 08, 2010
Although you have reportedly mentioned that this is a big project, you are commenting on the request that you are planning on it without any ETA for about two year?

Maybe setting an ETA might help in getting it across?

Regards.
p.raschdorff

Posted: Apr 07, 2010
hello,

beeing a paying Toodledo customer, I _really_ would like to know if there will be offline support in the near future.

While I do not need all the Toodledo-features in an offline version, I would like to see the following functions:

1) Hotlist
2) Folder
3) Context
4) Due-Date
5) Priority

In my Toodledo-Account under Tools & Services / Mobile Phone Support you write about the iPhone App:

"Toodledo's native iPhoneâ„¢ app will allow you to synchronize your tasks and access them from anywhere, even when you don't have an internet connection."

So when can we see this offline support for other platforms:

My vote for Web OS (Palm Pre)

Would pay 50 bucks for an app to have my Toodledo tasks with me when beeing offline.

I know you can do it also - taking a look at the "other guys" from Remember The Milk (

So please tell us Toodledo-Fanboys about offline support (at least for all current available smartphones like android Web OS).

Other than that -keep up the good job / would like to see a refresh of the GUI though :-)

- phil
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Apr 10, 2010
This is on our to-do list, but it is our policy to not comment on our roadmap or delivery dates for future feature improvements.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2   3      Next

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.