ForumsQuestionsview by due-date

view by due-date
CharleneTX

Posted: Aug 17, 2011
Score: 0 Reference
Currently one can choose overdue, today, next 7 days, etc. I'd like to be able to view a range. For example, overdue and today or some custom date range (eg, Aug 22 - Aug 24).

Thanks,
--Charlene
Folke X

You could set up (and save, if you like) searches for items that have for example:

due date is in the next 7 days AND due date is not in the next 5 days

This would take care of the selection (filtering) aspect, but there is currently no way to change the position or text of the list's dividers.
CharleneTX

How would I set up a search to see all tasks that are overdue and due today? I've been playing around with the search screen and haven't come up with the solution.

Thanks,
--Charlene
roaninish

Creating a search of "due date is today OR due date is before today" should do it.
Salgud

Or "Due Date is before tomorrow".

Lotsa weighs.
roaninish

Elegant -- I like! :)
CharleneTX

Posted: Aug 18, 2011
Posted by Salgud:
Or "Due Date is before tomorrow".

Lotsa weighs.

Tried this and it didn't select any records.
CharleneTX

Posted by roaninish:
Creating a search of "due date is today OR due date is before today" should do it.

Tried this and it didn't select any records, but perhaps I'm not properly understanding how to execute an "OR".
Folke X

Then try Salgud's tip "Due before tomorrow". That's just one line. I know it works, too.

In general, to add AND's and OR's, you have the following three controls:

- the Add rule button, located at the far right bottom:
This adds another "box" of conditions. (When you start up a new search you have two "boxes" that actually look more like darker blue lines than boxes.)

- the gray semi-circular symbol located just left of the gray cross at the far right on each line:
This adds one more condition inside that "box". (This makes it look more "boxy" - an area of several lines sharing the same background color.)

- the dropdown All/Any selector at the top left.
With All selected, you get AND conditions between the "boxes" and OR conditions between the conditions within the boxes. With Any selected, it is the other way around.

This message was edited Aug 18, 2011.
CharleneTX

Posted by Folke_1293790322:
Then try Salgud's tip "Due before tomorrow". That's just one line. I know it works, too.

Got it to work, now. I was selecting "Due date", then "is", then entering "before tomorrow". I didn't see the "is before" option. Thanks for the help!
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.