ForumsQuestionsDrag and Drop Tasks vs Search for parent

Drag and Drop Tasks vs Search for parent
ex_rulez

Posted: Aug 31, 2011
Score: 0 Reference
Hi forum!!

I'm an avid user of GTD and i do my weekly review as diligently as i can every week.
There is one feature i have on Pocket Informant, that i would absolutely love to have it here on the toodledo website.
"Search for parent" for a task.

If it's already possible please explain how to do and if not this is what i would love to see.

Basically i capture like crazy on my phone and sync to toodledo.
When i process my inbox i basically drag the task to whatever FOLDER/PROJECT it belongs to.
However i have dozens of tasks and folder, so finding
the correct project sometimes is a pain.

I would love to have the feature of clicking on a task, have a small search box and there look for a TASK /Project to be able to assign it by just selecting it, instead of having to drag and drop it.

Is this possible?
Is this feature planned for the future?

Thanks everyone!
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Thanks for the suggestion. We can't comment on a timeframe for implementation, but this is on our to-do list.
ex_rulez

You guys rock!!

Thank you. I'll wait as much as is needed for this one feature.
Keep up the great work guys!
JPR

Not possible now, but here are a couple workarounds.

If your inbox is easily defined, like a folder called "Inbox" or "No Folder", you can set up a saved search as follows:

Checked off = No
AND

Folder = Inbox
OR
Has Subtasks = Yes

You can even sort the search by Task/Subtask, which will create sections for parents, tasks, and subtasks.

Personally, I do it with the description field, when I need to enter something fast on my mobile. If I have a project called "The Bob Project", I enter a new inbox task like this: "New task bob". Then when back on the website I search for "bob", then drag and drop from the filtered list.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.