ForumsQuestionsRepeating tasts don't work like I expect

Repeating tasts don't work like I expect
DL

Posted: Apr 15, 2008
Score: 0 Reference
When I create a non-repeating task, I see it in the list until I check it. Next time I look at my list it's gone. This is the behavior I expect. I don't want to see things I don't have to do.

When a task repeats, that's kind of a gray area, but I would still expect it to go away when I check it and not re-appear until the repeat date.

I realize an argument can be made that the item is still "To Do" in a week, or a month or whatever the interval is but, what good does that do me? It looks like I have to do those tasks every day.

In the account settings I see that I can set a future horizon so I don't see events further out than that but the smallest interval is one month. So weekly tasks will be forever on my to do list.

Maybe I'm just using this feature wrong because I would think this would be a problem for everyone who uses repeating tasks (and I use them a lot)

Is there a way so I only see the tasks I have to do today?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted by x031661-2008:
Is there a way so I only see the tasks I have to do today?

Absolutely. Go to the Due-Date view and then click the "Today" tab.

You could also use the Advanced Due-date Modifiers to tell Toodledo not to bug you about these tasks until them come up.

Hope that helps
DL

Ooops I just found the help topic "How can I hide tasks that are due in the future?"

I think that might fix my issue. I'll try it and if it's still a problem, I'll be back.
DL

Wow, you guys are fast!
mgd

Posted: Jun 03, 2008
I don't use due dates with most of my stuff. So a Due Date view doesn't work for me. Isn't there anyway to have a repeating task removed for the day when it's completed? It bugs me to no end to have it remain but putting in due dates for everything else isn't a good solution.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jun 03, 2008
Without a due-date or a start-date, Toodledo has no way of knowing when a task is due and whether or not we should hide it.

My suggestion is to turn on the extra fields, set all your due-dates and/or start-dates, and then hide the fields again. The info you typed in will be saved in the background and used to hide tasks that you have already completed today.
mgd

Posted: Jun 04, 2008
Is there a way to set a default due-date or start-date as today?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jun 05, 2008
Sorry, there isn't a way to set a default due-date or start-date.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.