ForumsQuestionsFull text search?

Full text search?
jfaughnan

Posted: Sep 03, 2011
Score: 0 Reference
My subscription is up for renewal. I'll probably renew, but it is killing me that there's still no full text search (single search box, find all strings across all fields). Instead of doing search in the online app I do it in ToDo.app (has full text) and then search online by the title strings.

I have about 600 tasks, so maybe I need this a bit more than most.

I realize this is probably hard to do with your storage architecture, but any chance we'll see this in 2012?

Thanks!
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Sep 05, 2011
There are only 3 strings per task (title, tag, note), so it shouldn't be too hard to make a search that looks in each of these fields. We would like to add full text search, but I don't have an ETA.
Salgud

Posted: Sep 05, 2011
I would like a full text search too. Right now, I have a Saved Search I call TaskTagNote where I can go in and enter the criteria 3 times, but it's a PITA.
Jeff Renda

Posted: Nov 11, 2011
+1 for full text search. This is really killing me now...
dannyw0011

I have been going to "View All Tasks" and using Explorer's "Find on this page," have searched for keywords. It's aggravating, though, because when viewing all tasks, it seems to take forever to pull all the tasks up, and then Toodledo locks up. None too elegant.
JPR

Posted by dannyw0011:
I have been going to "View All Tasks" and using Explorer's "Find on this page," have searched for keywords. It's aggravating, though, because when viewing all tasks, it seems to take forever to pull all the tasks up, and then Toodledo locks up. None too elegant.

I do the same thing in Chrome. Go to an "All Tasks" view (keyboard shortcut "1"), hit the "z" Toodledo keyboard shortcut to toggle open details/notes, and then Ctrl-F for Chrome's page find. I've never had any significant speed issues or lockups, but I only have 300-ish tasks... lots with notes, and I only use four fields. I find grid format is faster than multi-line. You can then use Ctrl-G to cycle thru the hits.

That said, a one click full text search, like the Appigo Todo app, is near the top of my request list for both the website and the iPhone app.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.