ForumsQuestionsNext Action (todo) creation?

Next Action (todo) creation?
mike.byron

Posted: Sep 07, 2011
Score: 0 Reference
Maybe this is something that already exists but I haven't found it.

I used to use Goldmine to manage my customer interactions. Now I use toodledo, complete with complex action plans I build in excel and import.

One feature goldmine had that I loved was "next action".
(I think it was called that)
Basically (as an option to a to do item) when you completed a to do, it would create a new to do with all the same attributes as the last one, with a blank note and blank due date.

I know I can accomplish the same thing by simply typing new note ;) but this was awesome for making sure I had at least one follow up action for every client. When I hung up the call, the next one was already scheduled even if it was just follow up in 6 months.

Does this capability exist?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Unfortunately, this isn't possible, but it is on our to-do list. However, we can't comment on a timeframe for implementation.

Thanks
Salgud

You can clone the task, which isn't the same, but is the fastest way I know to create a duplicate task, then just change the name and due date.
JCarl

How do you segregate clients, by folder, task etc?
mike.byron

Posted: Sep 08, 2011
I segregate clients by folder. I typically only manage 20 or so accounts at a time so that isn't overbearing. Then I set a context for "where in the funnel" they are. Thanks for the answers. I look forward to this capability (along with other cool stuff).
Folke X

Posted: Sep 08, 2011
Another way - what I do in that kind of situation - is I simply leave the task unchecked. I just change the description (task name) a bit and set a new due date for the next interaction. I also keep task notes that I can add to for each interaction.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.