ForumsQuestionsHosting URL for pics?

Hosting URL for pics?
Salgud

Posted: Sep 12, 2011
Score: 0 Reference
Am trying to post an image here that I stored at ImageShack, but it keeps turning my image tags (can't show them here, they just disappear inside the quotes) into italics tags and the link doesn't work. Any suggestions?

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/94/gwhome.jpg/]

This message was edited Sep 12, 2011.
Folke X

Just had to try it:

Salgud, the way I did it above was just paste the "raw" html code right in - no quotes or brackets or anything added, and no brackets removed.

Salgud

Is there anyone who would like to offer some help?

Thanks!
Salgud

Posted by Folke X:
Just had to try it:

Salgud, the way I did it above was just paste the "raw" html code right in - no quotes or brackets or anything added, and no brackets removed.

As you can see above, I tried that too, and it doesn't work (using either of the 2 URL's provided at ImageShack). Maybe I should try another website to store the pic?

Edit: Finally got it, just had to edit the hell out of the URL they gave me to embed. Will do for now, but still can't get the actual image to show, just the URL.

Folke X

Like this?

Salgud

Posted by Folke X:
Like this?

I'm not seeing anything in your post, other than the "like this". Are you trying to demonstrate it's not working for you either?

Folke X

It appears to be very "sensitive", but I'll leave that one there for you to see. What I did there was I "raw" copied (via "view source") everything that I thought was needed (and then maybe a bit more, but I tried to slim it down and then it stopped working)

Anyway, the code, as it stands now, is like this - but you have to replace the square brackets with angle brackets:

[img src="http://img94.imageshack.us/img94/6291/gwhome.jpg"/]

Salgud

That worked! Thanks for the help.
Folke X Post deleted
Folke X

Posted: Sep 13, 2011
Tried to adjust the size, but the height and width attributes seem to get lost when saving the post.

This message was edited Sep 13, 2011.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.