ForumsQuestions"Repeat" dates

"Repeat" dates
Brian_14

Posted: Jan 16, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
If I don't complete a repeating (2 weeks, for example) task on the due date, I move it to a future date--say 2 days later--and it gets completed. However, the repeat date then shows up 2 weeks from the task's completion date vs. 2 weeks from the original due date, even tho I have "repeat from due date" check-marked. Am I not doing something correctly?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jan 17, 2009
It might be that you are checking it off and then editing the due-date. When you check the task off, it will immediately reschedule the task, so when you then edit the due-date, you are editing it for only the old tasks and not for the future occurrence.

Try editing the due-date first and then complete the task.

Hope that helps.
Brian_14

Posted: Jan 21, 2009
Your answer is confusing to me. Here, more clearly, is my predicament: Say I have a task that repeats every Monday but I don't get it done on a certain Monday. I choose to do it on the following Wednesday, so I set the due date for 2 days later. I complete the task on that Wednesday and click complete; however, the new next due date appears a week from Wednesday (not Monday any longer). How can I get it to automatically reset to the following Monday (the original day of the week that I want to do the task)? Granted, I can reset the date to the following Monday but sometimes I forget what was the original day/date.
Claudio

Posted: Jan 21, 2009
In Toodledo, there's no such thing as "the original due date". There's only a due date, and the task repeats from that date. If you want the task to be scheduled on a different date, you have to edit the due date.
Brian_14

Posted: Jan 22, 2009
Thank you, Claudio. That's what I suspected. TOODLEDO, pls consider having an "original due date" as a suggested feature. I came from Outlook and it has this beneficial feature. Thank you.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jan 22, 2009
Thanks for the suggestion.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.